Marvel's Super Hero Squad Has A Huge Voice Cast

Posted by G-Man (34236 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to say that I'm not crazy about Marvel's The Super Hero Squad Show cartoon.  My reason is mainly because I feel Chris Giarrusso's Mini-Marvels would have been a better choice.  I tried reading the first issue of the Super Hero Squad comic with my daughter and it unfortunately just didn't compare.  I know that the comic and this show aren't necessarily geared towards someone my age but my daughter (who is now six) loves Mini-Marvels but was a little bored with the Super Hero Squad comic.  Perhaps the show will fix that.

The show is set to premiere on Cartoon Network in the U.S. on September 19, 2009.  I've already posted a music video for the show HERE Geek Tyrant posted the following image with all the voice actors that will be involved:

I have to admit that this is pretty impressive.  I will do my best to remember to check this out.  It is worth a look.  Something has to be said since so many actors are on board with this project.  Hopefully they will manage to make this appealing to all ages rather than just the average little ones.

What do you think?  Are you going to give this show a try?  Does that voice cast impress you?  What do you think of the actors lined up?  Are there any that seem spot on or just crazy?
Staff
#1 Posted by The Hottness (4226 posts) - - Show Bio

thats a nice line up of voice actors
#2 Edited by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

TAMERA???

Michelle??

TAYE

zomg

#3 Posted by goosehorn (784 posts) - - Show Bio

what the hell george takei as galactus...um okay?
#4 Posted by Paragon (7293 posts) - - Show Bio

Sulu is Galactus!? Awesome, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to take the character seriously again. Haha.

#5 Posted by Namor1987 (1889 posts) - - Show Bio

Stevenson, Sorbo, Knight, &Ashmore & the guy from Elm Steet make sense to me the otheers I'm iffy about bc I haven't seen enough from them or just never payed attention to them or gave a damn

#6 Posted by abominable toaster (11 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know if Hamill has done any cartoons recently, but its good to see his name on another cartoon. He was awesome as the joker.
#7 Posted by Drafta (690 posts) - - Show Bio

Hamil and Takei!

This makes me happy.  Sulu-Galactus will be epic.

#8 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought the music video what a spoof like the What The? stuff.  I didn't realise this was a real show!   Looking at that cast list, it looks more like a dream wish-list.   

Anyway, Mini Marvels would have been more fun, but this is the 1980's way of marketing; produce a  cheaply-produced over-priced toy and then create a cartoon based on said cheaply-produced over-priced toy ;)

#9 Posted by Green ankh (998 posts) - - Show Bio

should be fun
#10 Posted by The Crimson Nutcase (813 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll check it out...

#11 Posted by TheSavageAssasin (2761 posts) - - Show Bio

I think its cool they have some not so well know charcters like misty knight and dorammu thats awesome lookin good!

#12 Posted by Blue_Shield (752 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll check it out.  The voice actor list is pretty impressive, the only one that gave me pause was George Takei as Galactus.
#13 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio

That's an impressive line up of voice actors. I especially like the choice for Galactus, I know it doesn't make sense, but Sulu does have a distinct and gravelly voice. Which I believe would work for Galactus, if Orson Welles was still alive he would have to be Galactus, you know do him and Unicron.

I also like how they got guys like Ray Stevens to do the Punisher's voice and Mark Hamill for Red Skull.

#14 Posted by Decept-O (7277 posts) - - Show Bio

Will Rhodey stop mid-flight and go into a Reading Rainbow segment?  Bad joke.  Something tells me they'll make Misty Knight way over the top.  Yeah, like everyone else, Takei as Galactus could be epic or epic as in epic weird.  Interesting they chose Iceman himself to voice Iceman. Hamil and Englund, frikkin' awesome.  However I wonder how the heck they will portray Punisher in this one.  
#15 Posted by Darth Coleslaw (87 posts) - - Show Bio

Hamill and Ashmore? Heck yes.

#16 Posted by HaloKing343 (1252 posts) - - Show Bio

Lena Headely and Mark Hamill. Those two are unexpected. I like them though. This should be cool.

#17 Posted by Arkangel0 (18 posts) - - Show Bio

Jordi La Forge, Matt Parkman, Luke Skywalker, Hercules, among others.....who would miss that?

#18 Posted by Crimson Thunder (286 posts) - - Show Bio

This show seems alwright.

#19 Posted by Captain13 (3331 posts) - - Show Bio

Shawn Ashmore as Iceman..lol
Who ever the casting director is, he/she has clout! This could be an ensemble cast for an epic movie.

#20 Posted by whirlwind6 (235 posts) - - Show Bio

They have some characters in there that I didn't expect to show up.  All these veteran industry people must see something in it.  I might have to see this.
#21 Posted by ARMIV (4140 posts) - - Show Bio

WOW!
Pretty impressive cast!

#22 Posted by E.I.S.A.M. (369 posts) - - Show Bio

This show might be worth a crap  if it's got a cast like that.

#23 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

i gotta a baby girl on the way maybe ill watch it with her cause if it sucks she wont remember anyway
#24 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

when I first saw the cast list last week i almost died of shock
#25 Posted by G-Man (34236 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:
" i gotta a baby girl on the way maybe ill watch it with her cause if it sucks she wont remember anyway "
And you'll have an excuse for watching it too!
Staff
#26 Edited by Mr. Dead Pool (2625 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll watch it just to see how they can make Punisher work in a show like this. And Ray Stevenson voicing him is just awsome.
#27 Posted by WonderBoy1132 (276 posts) - - Show Bio

hell to the yes i will give it a try!

#28 Posted by -Eclipse- (7588 posts) - - Show Bio

GEORGE TAKEI! 

AWESOME!

#29 Posted by MoonKnightFan123 (271 posts) - - Show Bio

nice mayne

#30 Posted by NightFang (10067 posts) - - Show Bio

Mark Hamill as Red Skull and Robert Englund as Dormammu!!!!

#31 Posted by OzzerOzby (21 posts) - - Show Bio

The Punisher on a show targeting(no pun intended) kids? How's that gonna work?
#32 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Thats a lot of people

#33 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3554 posts) - - Show Bio

Without Emma Frost I'm not really interested in this series, but it's no big loss. I'm hardly their target audience. lol

#34 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio

If Misty is in the series, I hope they bring in Colleen too!
they have too.

omg omg, 
Michelle Trachtenberg, Shawn Ashmore and Adrian Pasdar!!!!!
I'm in heaven.

#35 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18854 posts) - - Show Bio

The chick from house!! :]

#36 Posted by Stormultt (5317 posts) - - Show Bio

im so gonna watch this since i saw galactus....MY COMIC CRUSH! XDD
#37 Posted by Michael6ft7 (197 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks really cool! 

Great voice talent....lots of Avengers...good stuff!

#38 Edited by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, that voice cast is stacked! Lots of good fits, I think.

#39 Posted by ulrich200 (95 posts) - - Show Bio

Perfect Cast.Mark Hamill,Kevin Sorbo,Shawn Ashmore,Greg Grunberg,Adrian Pasdar,George Takei,James Marsters,Michelle Trachenberg,Lena Headey and Wayne Knight Yahooooooooooooooooo

#40 Edited by Nahero (9915 posts) - - Show Bio

mark hamill and robert englund thank you god

kevin sorbo thank you for that too god

#41 Posted by The Traveler (15 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, I didn't realize that there was even a show coming out. I saw the toys inside the store, and didn't know they had anything to do with a TV show.

I also dug the background music for the video of the show. *Inside head at least for the next few hours*

Oh, I'll try to remember to catch the show on the 19th. Who wants to bring the popcorn?

#42 Posted by bigmoneyb (163 posts) - - Show Bio
@OzzerOzby said:
" The Punisher on a show targeting(no pun intended) kids? How's that gonna work? "
lmao i was thinkin the same
#43 Posted by MJ Styles (93 posts) - - Show Bio

AWESOME voice cast.  DAMN.

#44 Posted by Twiglight (56 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah totally check it out
#45 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's pretty sweet how Shawn and Ray or even doing the voices for their characters they've already played.
#46 Posted by dmoyn (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey, where the heck is Spider-man??? How can they do it without Marvel's frontman?
#47 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

A lot of people  I recognize!!! 

gooood...good

#48 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7818 posts) - - Show Bio

Takei as Galatcus?

That could well be the most Awesome thing ive heard this year!  :D

#49 Posted by jeangreyemmafrost (125 posts) - - Show Bio

cuuuuuuuuuuutttttttttteeeeeeeeeee

#50 Posted by inferiorego (24714 posts) - - Show Bio

George Takei as Galctus is amazing

Staff

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.