Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Marvel's Season One titles...

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Gambit1024

It was announced recently that Marvel was gonna go back and retell some of their popular characters like Thor, The Avengers, Luke Cage, etc. Today, CBR has a sneak peek of Daredevil's and the X-Men's retelling called Daredevil: Season One and X-Men Season One. Now, are they trying to retcon some things here, because I'd be really upset if they did. More specifically Daredevil's. DD's origin was amazingly told by Frank Miller in Man Without Fear, and I'd hate for them to retcon that. So what do you guys think we should expect? What do you think about  retelling origins in this case?  

Here are the images from CBR: 

MrUnknown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By MrUnknown

It could be a good idea. I will probably check out a few. There isn't really much to say yet, but the art looks good!

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By ReVamp
    @MrUnknown said:
    It could be a good idea. I will probably check out a few. There isn't really much to say yet, but the art looks good!
    Damn, I love that X Men art. But yeah, it looks good. Though Marvel opens up more lines than they know what to do with.
    cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By cattlebattle

I think this is great

When you go back and read the Original X-Books.....it's so dated (obviously its from the 60's) I'd like to see their early days be a little bit more modern...similar to X-Men first class (comics) just without so much humor

Note: It looks like The X-Men comic is invoking some X-Men First Class (film) right there

Daredevil should not of been the other choice to test the Season 1 formula, They should have went with the Fantastic Four....

Daycrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Daycrawler
    @cattlebattle said:
    I think this is great   When you go back and read the Original X-Books.....it's so dated (obviously its from the 60's) I'd like to see their early days be a little bit more modern...similar to X-Men first class (comics) just without so much humor  Note: It looks like The X-Men comic is invoking some X-Men First Class (film) right there  Daredevil should not of been the other choice to test the Season 1 formula, They should have went with the Fantastic Four....
    They're going to do an FF one too, and a Spiderman one I think.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.