Marvel's Next Animated Movie Features An Iron-Man And Hulk Team-Up

• 66 results
Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

It's no question that Warner Brothers and DC has dominated animation with DC's animated movie-verse. Between Batman: The Animated Series, Batman Beyond, Young Justice and the various animated films (Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and more), Warner has been on their game for years. This is not a mystery to Marvel whose animated movies have been sub-par at best and have not exactly been the most commercially successful. Yet, that doesn't mean there isn't a market there. In fact, the success of Marvel Studios' The AVENGERS movie is proof enough that the people want heroes, so long as the stories are good. This is where Marvel animation comes in.

Marvel Studios is looking to animation to be the next cog in the Marvel Entertainment mega-machine. If you feel like you don't get enough Hulk and Iron-Man in your life, then you are in luck. Marvel Animation is set to debut Iron-Man and Hulk: Heroes United, the animated movie featuring -- you guessed it -- Iron-Man and the Hulk. In this upcoming movie the two characters will team up to fight against a common enemy, Zzzax, a Hulk villain that made his comic debut in THE INCREDIBLE HULK #166 and has made over 70 appearances. The creature is an "electromagnetic intelligence" that came to be following an explosion in a nuclear power plant. So, will the combined forced of Iron-Man and the Hulk succeed in taking down this treacherous…being? We're going to go with a hard 'yes,' but we think it might be fun watching things play out anyway.

== TEASER ==

Iron Man and Hulk: Heroes United will be available on DVD on April 23rd and is being overseen by Marvel's VP of Television Jeph Loeb. According to him, the two main characters in this movie will take some time to blame one-another before they release who the real problem is.

“We see his origin in the movie. It’s what would happen if the entire Eastern seaboard [electrical grid] went out,” says Jeph Loeb, executive VP of Marvel’s TV division, which is overseeing the movie. “The two heroes meet up, thinking of each other as to blame.”

What do you think of the images of Iron-Man and Hulk: Heroes United courtesy of the EW? What other team-ups would you like to see in the future?

Source: EW

#1 Posted by Duncan (11445 posts) - - Show Bio

Well.. this can probably only end badly.

#2 Posted by danhimself (22578 posts) - - Show Bio

this looks ok.....

Marvel would seriously be doing so much better in the animation department if they would just stop letting Loeb have his way

#3 Posted by Inverno (13246 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks terrible. Simple as that.

#4 Posted by SmashBrawler (5821 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks like a machinima of MvC3

#5 Posted by Lvenger (20254 posts) - - Show Bio

Loeb's overseeing it. That usually means bad things.

#6 Posted by judasnixon (6586 posts) - - Show Bio

I want Iron Man to team up with a gin and tonic. 

#7 Edited by NightFang (10078 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler said:

The animation kind of reminds me of the CGI trailers from Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

#8 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh. I'd pirate it.

#9 Posted by Grimoire (545 posts) - - Show Bio

When they partner him with someone it always means they de-power The Hulk. lol

#10 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

this looks like that crappy 2000 something spider-man show. and marvel please stop using the movie universe costumes.

#11 Posted by zombietag (1494 posts) - - Show Bio

not a 3D thing i hope... :/

#12 Posted by deadpool25mm (602 posts) - - Show Bio

Hope it'll be good :)

#13 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel animated movies are terrible, i believe the trend will remain

#14 Posted by SmashBrawler (5821 posts) - - Show Bio

@NightFang said:

@SmashBrawler said:

The animation kind of reminds me of the CGI trailers from Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

Yeah, it has like that modern cell shaded style. In fact, if you showed me the first pic without any kind of context and asked me where it's from I'd say Marvel vs Capcom 3 in a heartbeat.

#15 Posted by Sleepbutnodream15 (570 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel's marketing strategies are phenomenal, but DC still blows them out of the water with their Animated movies and TV series.

#16 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2639 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, this is a rental. Maybe not even that.

#17 Posted by GBrutality (192 posts) - - Show Bio

the animation looks so cheap and crappy. also, make a storyline that will be interesting and with villains that won't translate well on the big screen.

#18 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (7024 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks Terrible. Marvel should take notes from DC.

#19 Posted by spidermonkey2099 (615 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, this doesn't look great. I might Netflix it. I wish Marvel would make a quality X-Men animated movie, or does Fox have the rights to X-Men animated, straight-to-DVD films too?

#20 Posted by AnonymousMC (22 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks like the same crappy animation from Iron Man: Armored adventures. The only things I've enjoyed in recent Marvel Animation as far DVD releases are concerned were Planet Hulk and marginally Hulk Vs. Everything as the writer says has been sub-par. This seems to be continuing the trend

#21 Posted by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio
Jeph Loeb

Welp any f***'s I had for this just went out of the window.

#22 Posted by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol i think you guys are being a little unfair

I mean i dont read marvel but this movie might be good, ill wait till i see a trailer

#23 Posted by JamDamage (1114 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the style.

#24 Posted by GR2Blackout (2564 posts) - - Show Bio

Could be an animated Avengers film.

I mean, maybe not ALL of them are pictured. So maybe it's Avengers.

#25 Posted by Decept-O (7279 posts) - - Show Bio

Boy hate to say it but the animation stills aren't impressing me. It is great that Marvel is doing animated movie but they should take a cue from Warner Bros. and do the animation in that style or a close approximation. Not to be too nit-picky I am just not "feeling it" here.

#26 Posted by They Killed Cap! (2243 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure I like the art.

#27 Posted by sora_thekey (8176 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure about the animation...

Why not do Marvel event movies??

#28 Posted by LordRequiem (1315 posts) - - Show Bio

Different animation, not necessarily bad, but I'm getting more and more irritated about seeing the Iron Man movie armour rather than the superior comic books armour.

#29 Posted by SmashBrawler (5821 posts) - - Show Bio

@GR2Blackout said:

Could be an animated Avengers film.

I mean, maybe not ALL of them are pictured. So maybe it's Avengers.

Well, the movie's titled "Iron Man and Hulk: Heroes United", so if it is an Avengers movie, why not title it "The Avengers"?

#30 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9094 posts) - - Show Bio

I have never really been into the Marvel Animated Movies

#31 Posted by BritishMonkey (324 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks ok visually, but Loeb is in charge, so nope.

#32 Posted by Mercy_ (92767 posts) - - Show Bio

I have no idea why anything in this thread was flagged? Guys, just because somebody's opinion isn't the same as yours doesn't mean they're breaking rules.

#33 Posted by rasx (242 posts) - - Show Bio

Planet Hulk was awesome, I would've preferred a WORLD WAR HULK sequel instead with the same 2D style.

#34 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33629 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea, not gonna lie, the Avengers is the reason I stopped reading comics

#35 Posted by MrMazz (1252 posts) - - Show Bio

That sounds kind of dumb IF they give me a good story that's cool, it's what I want. But this sounds like a stupid setup similar to how Superman and Batman: Public Enemies played out which was a TERRIBLE movie.

Marvel has done some good animated films like the 2 Ultimate Avengers, Doc Strange, Planet Hulk and Hulk VS. Other than their films have been extremely lacking.

#36 Posted by Novemberx2 (453 posts) - - Show Bio

Jeph Loeb is involved - guaranteed to be an insult to anyone over the age of 4

#37 Posted by KCsuperman09 (266 posts) - - Show Bio

cgi what happened to drawing on paper

#38 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like a PS3 game.

#39 Posted by Aeroman (505 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: agreed

#40 Posted by RisingBean (4026 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Animation looks terrible.

2. To hell with Loeb. Marvel, fire that hack.

3. As much as I love the Hulk, Iron Man and the Avengers, give me some animated movies with Daredevil, the FF or somebody not affiliated with the Avengers. Solo Cap and Hawkeye films is the exception to this desire.

#41 Posted by BlueLantern1995 (2448 posts) - - Show Bio

@RisingBean said:

1. Animation looks terrible.

2. To hell with Loeb. Marvel, fire that hack.

Agree

#42 Posted by jwalser3 (5074 posts) - - Show Bio

@Duncan said:

Well.. this can probably only end badly.

@MadeinBangladesh said:

Looks Terrible. Marvel should take notes from DC.

How I feel about it.

#43 Posted by neiliusprime (255 posts) - - Show Bio

don't know how well this will do..

#44 Posted by The Finality (133 posts) - - Show Bio

meh, Marvel has better live action movies, DC has better animated movies. Though Ultimate avengers 1 and 2 was good, as was Doctor Strange. But Hulk vs? my only beef with Marvel's animated movies is that they pander to the fans too much. Oh, Iron Man with RDJ is doing great, so let's make him the new focal point for our stories and movies. Oh, Hulk got a great fan reaction in The Avengers? Let's put him in there with Iron Man. Marvel may be more well along with their live action flicks, but DC's got the monopoly on the animated movies.

#45 Posted by Smurfboy (480 posts) - - Show Bio

Like what most guys said, this doesn't look good. However, I am willing to wait-and-see how it goes.

#46 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Seems like a step down from Planet Hulk and other good Hulk animated videos we've seen. I'll not lie, I'm kinda disappointed in the premise but would be willing to still see it...maybe Redbox in future times.

#47 Posted by Metatron_Da_Don (1037 posts) - - Show Bio

bad 3D computer animation. It looks like poorly designed video game cutscene art.

I liked the Planet Hulk art designs and story. I also liked the Wolverine and Dr. Strange.

In all honesty they should bring back the 90s X-Men/Spider-Man design style/team!

I also wonder how much Bruce Banner and Tony Stark we will see in this show.

And of all the bad guys that these guys could have faced...Zzaxx?

#48 Posted by Crackdown (604 posts) - - Show Bio

There is no hyphen between Iron and Man, stop it

#49 Posted by charlieboy (7160 posts) - - Show Bio

I will watch this. But i really want to see something besides Avengers characters. I think all of the recent movies have been Avengers. Just like the dc animateds are doing too much Superman and Batman.

#50 Posted by growup (525 posts) - - Show Bio

@judasnixon said:

I want Iron Man to team up with a gin and tonic.

nailed it

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.