Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Marvel's Newest Event. What did the other events bring us so far?

ddaann1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ddaann1985

It seems that the Marvel Universe keeps rocking. Every year there is another event that will rock the Marvel Universe to its core.
    Mostly for just a year or so. Sadly, Im kinda getting used to it now....:(
    I have made a list of the last big events in the MU, and the way i look into it.
    These are al my own opinions, but I was wondering, what do YOU think about these mayor events every year, witch one did you like and witch one didnt you like?
    These are my thoughts on them, Id like to here form you too.

• House of M: Bad, only the outcome was interesting

• Civil War: Amazing story with an amazing outcome, should have stayed that way longer

• Secret Invasion: The build up was awesome, the ending i found lacking.

• Dark Reign: actually quit good, too bad that status quo was also gone withing a year or so.

• The Siege: Meh, not bad... but it ended with the Heroic Age in witch all things that happened since 2006 where just, washed away...

What do you guys think?
    DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By DH69

its just another meaningless event so they can come up with new rosters for the avenger/x-men teams and make money. to me its gotten to the point where they cant just say "oh so-in-so went to wisconsin, so now whatshisface is on the team" instead they have "shake the foundation of the marvel universe" with event after event after event...i would be happy and amazed if they could go 2 years without pulling this ****.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Annihilation was the best event of the last couple of years.

ddaann1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ddaann1985
    @fesak:  Very true! Annihilation was my top favorite along with Civil War. I (perhaps wrongly) didn't put it in because it was more in its 'own little corner" of the MU.
    ddaann1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ddaann1985
    @DH69:  I could do too without an event for a year or two or so!
    Personally i think its just makes it feel forced, and you dont get a kick from a mayor event anymore if they start doing it every year....

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.