Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Marvel's most catered to youth Deadpool or Spider-Man?

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The both of them are Modern day representations of modern day youth in terms of pop culture, but who actually connects to whom on a personal level and why?

Deadpool is like Spidey for college kids or more infamously Hip Modern Wolverine, he is constantly saying things and doing stuff that we or would say and more importantly he's escapism as a fun and exciting anti hero mercenary, like Spidey without the responsibility or the clichés. He's like a youthful representation of real life fantasies and rebellion as well as a empowered voice of Marvel editoral awareness.

The Wallcrawler is know to be the youngest and moral of the avengers, he therefore is Marvel U's official role model for young adults or children, but as a person he is know for his constant immaturity and awkwardness around established adults making him a avatar for the youth of today or in our time.

Which do you prefer between the two when it comes to be a personal inner child?

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
    deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Deadpool is not for little kids

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

spiderman

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not judging by Lego Marvel Heroes and Ultimate Spider-Man.

RedLantern23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yeah Deadpool is not for kids.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
    deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

@dagmar_merrill said:

Not judging by Lego Marvel Heroes and Ultimate Spider-Man.

That changes nothign.

KittyParker13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Spider-Man. As a teenager, I can tell you most teens I know know more about Spidey than Deadpool. Even if they haven't read the comics, they've seen the movies, cartoons, whatever and can relate to him. I'll see other teens in Deadpool shirts and try talking to them about him and most I've met so far barely know who he is.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By magnetic_eye

I've read some Deadpool over the years, but don't really care for the character all that much. Peter Parker as the "Amazing Spider-Man I've read for years when he was being accurately written as an adult in his late 20's. That character I can relate to, but not this younger throwback to cartoon comedy infested crap that Slott is pumping out.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.