Marvel's dark universe, what happened to it?

Posted by megamoses10 (81 posts) - - Show Bio

When i was a kid, i used to enjoy reading the stories of marvel's dark characters such as ghost rider, blade, midnight sons, night stalkers, morbius and doctor strange. these characters used to be awesome but for some reason, marvel doesn't seem to show that much interest in them anymore. i mean, when was the last time marvel did a crossover or saga just for the dark characters. Hannibal king, frank drake, werewolf by night and blade rarely show up anymore and even doctor strange has now become somewhat useless and boring. the only dark character that is somewhat important now is ghost rider and even he doesn't have his own ongoing series (screw the female ghost rider, she sucks). i wish marvel would bring back their dark heroes and reintroduce them in a modern way. so what about you guys, do you think that marvel should start focusing more on their dark characters or have these heroes become a thing of the past?

#1 Posted by cyberninja (10413 posts) - - Show Bio

That's what MAX is for. 

#2 Posted by _Zombie_ (10394 posts) - - Show Bio

@cyberninja said:

That's what MAX is for.
#3 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20155 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZombieBigfoot said:

@cyberninja said:

That's what MAX is for.

Yup.

#4 Posted by megamoses10 (81 posts) - - Show Bio

screw MAX, i want them in the regular marvel universe, interacting with other superheroes

#5 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

I want a new Blade series

#6 Posted by Inverno (13197 posts) - - Show Bio

@Glitch_Spawn said:

I want a new Blade series

#7 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

Blade should come back.

#8 Posted by _Black (2302 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like Shadowland is the closest we will get for a while. Lol

#9 Posted by JediXMan (30344 posts) - - Show Bio

@_Black said:

Looks like Shadowland is the closest we will get for a while. Lol

That was crap and came out quite some time ago.

#10 Posted by _Black (2302 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan: My comment was with tongue firmly in cheek.

#11 Posted by JMLG (135 posts) - - Show Bio

i most definitely agree - Marvel should give marvel darker and urban heroes some more shine

#12 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33050 posts) - - Show Bio
@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

@ZombieBigfoot said:

@cyberninja said:

That's what MAX is for.

Yup.

When was the last time MAX did anything with those characters? 
#13 Posted by celestial_man (108 posts) - - Show Bio

i really agreee with you on your post.

#14 Posted by daredevil21134 (11505 posts) - - Show Bio

I have no idea what happened to it but it dosen't look promising when you got guys like Daredevil acting like Spider-man, and Moon Knight playing Avenger man

#15 Posted by madgamer92 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

blade should get an ongoing series instead of all those crappy x-men series, theres like 20 of them or even more.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.