Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Marvel's Big San Diego Comic-Con Announcements All In One Place

• 68 results
    cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By cameron83

ok,thats it,screw it..i think im switching from marvel to dc

ssj2DeadPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By ssj2DeadPool

I do not like talk of "doing something very very big for the character." It is Spider-man, and they better not fricken ruin him for me.

RedOwl_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#53  Edited By RedOwl_1

WinterSoldier?!? F*CK YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Hivemind said:

Hmm Guardians of the Galaxy and Antman the movie. Nope. really can't see any possible way I would watch these movies. Will have to see the terrible trailer first of course. Don't want to be bias towards terrible characters...lol.

Yeah I agree...... till if the trailer it's good I may see Ant-Man............ but there's no way ,I mean NO WAY I'm going to a movie with a talking raccoon NO WAY ((Plus I'm not interested on it :P)

tximinoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By tximinoman

Wow, they really took a huge risk with the Guardians movie. I mena, Ant-Man's not the most popular character but at least some people know it exists and all that, but the Guardians? Just comic book fans know them and not even all comic book fans are interested in this project.

Hope it came good though

ShirEPanjshir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#55  Edited By ShirEPanjshir

@Novemberx2: You're saying exactly the same thing what others said about The Avengers before it came out. People have been raving about Disney owning Marvel for way too long now. So far, Marvel's own movies have been hits, thus there is no reason (so far) to lead you to believe otherwise. You're still getting the same stories from Marvel as you were before they were backed by Disney, only now you're getting more (and better) movies, tv shows, etc. too.

If Disney goes all Mickey on Marvel and demands that Goofy appears in the next Fantastic Four incarnation, than you can complain. Hell, go burn a Mickey effigy or something. But right now, I see no reason to complain.

hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By hunter5024

@Shamelesslysupportinaznballers said:

@hunter5024 said:

I am pretty new to comics, only started reading in the last 5 or 6 months, so I am speaking as a mostly mainstream fan when I say that Guardians of The Galaxy is a fucking stupid idea for the next marvel movie franchise. Mainstream audiences are willing to accept far less than comic book readers. Men in high tech suits? Sure. Interdimensional Beings based on Mythological Characters? Okay maybe... Space Raccoons with guns? No. That is silly nonsense.

So there's a raccoon with a rocket & a talking tree, so what? All the Marvel movies seem to understand how ridiculous some of the concept of their characters are and how non comic book fans see them. For example Thor, his outfit & pattern of speech is ridiculous but they waste no time time joking about it to get it out of the way & then focus on the story.

Thor is still a dude though. Not only that but an iconic dude who people recognize from outside of comics. We can't say the same about Guardians of The Galaxy. I'm especially worried because anthropomorphic animals are something that is often associated with childrens films in modern cinema, and that's a stigma that superheroes have been trying to get away from.

OldManJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57  Edited By OldManJoe

I just have one question. Where the hell is my Runaways movie?!?!

sonicnevets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By sonicnevets

I would have preferred that the names for the Iron Man franchise films followed what they are doing with the other marvel movies, i.e. instead of just Iron Man 1,2, and 3 they make the titles different like Nolan's Batman films.

Namor1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#59  Edited By Namor1987

I'll see all 5. Starlord's mask looks better than it did in the comics. Groot looks cool & Drax has bulletproof armor lol

gjary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By gjary

The worst thing about this comments section is the main thing wrong in film, tv and games today. "No way I'm going to see this film,or that film" "Disney screwed up Marvel with this one" etc.

Why totally put down something that hasn't barely left the mouths of the company let alone got a screenshot yet.

You don't like something, so what, many others will, and many others will wait to make an informed decision before band waggoning along with the rest of the internet trolls with only negative opinions to share.

So you don't like something, great, but it seems a lot of people make it their mission to make sure the worlds minds are driven to the negative before its had a chance to be born. Believe it or not there will be some out there who will like it. And have you ever thought that maybe by having a film with those kinds of characters in it that non-comic viewers may be drawn in and decide to give some other comics a try too. Much as I'd like all comic book films to be structured around my favourite comics, having Rocket Racoon in a film may just bring in some new younger readers wh have yet to enjoy comics.

One person stating "Will have to see the terrible trailer first of course. Don't want to be bias towards terrible characters...lol."

That attitude sucks. You could have just said "Think I'll give it a miss, not my thing"

Your name says it all, Hivemind. Try being an individual, that would be more refreshing and impressive to see.

Marvel, I look forward to seeing what you do with these films, some more than others, but am very interested to see how Ant-Man and Guardians will fit in with the rest, and whether they will feel part of the larger cinematic universe!

RedQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

#61  Edited By RedQueen

Hopefully Ant-Man will be awesome, and hopefully will involve Hank Pym/ Janet Van Dyne and not (as great as his character is) Eric O'grady.

Avatar image for shamelesslysupportinaznballers
    Shamelesslysupportinaznballers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hunter5024 said:

Thor is still a dude though. Not only that but an iconic dude who people recognize from outside of comics. We can't say the same about Guardians of The Galaxy. I'm especially worried because anthropomorphic animals are something that is often associated with childrens films in modern cinema, and that's a stigma that superheroes have been trying to get away from.

The reason you are worried for is probably the same reason why Marvel included RR. Imagine kids dressing up as RR instead of GL or Flash for Halloween. I can see parents taking their kids to see a movie like this, kids loving it and then you see $$$$ flash in Marvel's eyes. I'm also tired of the perception of every superhero movie needing to be dark like Nolan's Batman. Why can't they be lighthearted and fun like most comics are? A movie like the Avengers was more of a family movie and these movies Marvel produce are aimed to appeal to kids and the kid inside all of us so I don't see a problem with it appealing to children.

3Blue_Star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By 3Blue_Star

Ant-Man movie? Awesome!

Big_D_Dummy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Big_D_Dummy

Wow, cool article. I am excited for everything really! That being said, I have a hard time seeing 'guardians' getting the same amount of mass popularity that other marvel movies have gotten. Honestly I was expecting (more like hoping) that one of the movies would have been a "Hero's for Hire", "The Black Panther", or "The Sub-Mariner". However, Marvel studios hasn't failed me yet, so I am excited to see how they bring rocket racoon and friends to life on the big screen. Also Marvel Now seems kinda cool. Sorry for the long post, I am new here and had a lot to say...

Mikey Venture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Mikey Venture

Antman. I wonder if they'll use that shady, dirtball, what was it ? O'Grady ? I liked him. He had personality unlike Hank Pym. I mean cool, you discovered the Pym particle, but you smack Janet around. Not cool.

Miss_Garrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Miss_Garrick

@Mikey Venture: Scott Lang was the only cool Ant-Man.

Miss_Garrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Miss_Garrick

Guardians of the Galaxy might be cool, but I really want an Iron Fist movie!!

kadosho_16bit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By kadosho_16bit

Best coverage ever! There are so many newsbits, its easy to get lost sometimes. I can't wait to see what Marvel has in store for us next.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.