Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Marvels best fighters

• 59 results
    Rick_Grayson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Rick_Grayson

Could someone please clarify for me, as my character knowledge is almost entirely DC outside the average person stuff and what I've read on here, who the top fighters are in Marvel?

It feels like every thread I go in with a Marvel character has the argument that x is one of the top fighters in Marvel. Some of the most common are Wolverine, Captain America, Iron Fist, Elektra, Black Widow, Black Panther, Daredevil, Cyclops, but I know the list is a lot longer.I know there won't be a definitive top 10, otherwise comics would get pretty boring, but something to work with would be very much appreciated, particularly if it could be ordered from best to worst.

And just to be clear I mean H2H only, like a random encounter fight with standard gear but no powers. Stat boosting powers like Wolverines HF or Caps serum is fine, but for the purpose of this list Elektra wouldn't have this TP I've recently heard she has.

Thanks guys,

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 juiceboks  Moderator

Aside from who you listed..

Gamora

Taskmaster

Moon Knight

Mantis

Mr.X

Gorgon

Silver Samurai

Killmonger

As for who is the the best out of these individuals? Probably Gamora.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Normally "heavy-weights" don't get mentioned in these threads, but honorable mention to Hercules.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

1. Iron Fist

2. Wolverine (When he's trying to utilize his skill.)

3. Black Panther(He is extremely close to Logan, but has unfortunately not had his training history expounded on as much.)

4. Daredevil

5. Captain America

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IMO.

1. Iron fist

2. Black Panther

3. Wolverine

4. Cap

And so on......

Though is Spider-sense allowed?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This also isn't a battle.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it was, Wolverine would lose though.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Wolverine008

Normally "heavy-weights" don't get mentioned in these threads, but honorable mention to Hercules.

It's generally due to the fact that powerhouse stories don't focus much on martial arts.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

If it was, Wolverine would lose though.

Wolverine always wins!

Avatar image for baron_von_santa
    Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

gamora certainly is the hottest in my opinion, but i pick taskmaster for his ability to copy AND fighting skills

amseaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

According to http://marvel.com/news/story/9384/take_10_martial_artists, the top 10 martial artists are:

10. KITTY PRYDE

First Appearance:

UNCANNY X-MEN #129 (1980)

Learn More About Her...

here

Why She Makes the List:

Just because Kitty Pryde is the Marvel Universe's resident sweetheart doesn't mean the girl isn't deadly-she's a trained ninja with mad skills! Unfortunately for Kitty, she gained said skills when she was possessed by Wolverine's demonic former sensei, Ogun, who psychically imprinted her with a lifetime of martial arts training, but the young Pryde of the X-Men proved able to throw off the evil influence and keep her newfound attributes in the process, re-christening herself Shadowcat.

Spotlight Comic:

ASTONISHING X-MEN #5 (2004)

-Kitty Pryde tears through Ord's allies!

9. BATROC

First Appearance:

TALES OF SUSPENSE #75 (1966)

Learn More About Him...

here

Why He Makes the List:

Don't let his much-maligned accent and legendary arrogance fool you-Batroc really is just about as good as he says he is when it comes to laying down the pain. A master of savate, a specialized form of kickboxing perfected by the French, Georges Batroc can hold his own against the likes of Captain America and his comrades, as he aptly demonstrated recently by putting Bucky Barnes in his place. Unfortunately for him-but entertainingly for us-Batroc's ego generally proves to be his undoing.

Spotlight Comic:

CAPTAIN AMERICA #30 (2004)

-Batroc drops in on Captain America!

8. STICK

First Appearance:

DAREDEVIL #176 (1981)

Learn More About Him...

here

Why He Makes the List:

If you had to pick a deadly fighter and trainer without peer out of a line-up, chances are you wouldn't settle on the old blind guy with the piece of bamboo-and chances are you'd be feeling that wood upside your head before too long. Born blind, the enigmatic and ever-cranky Stick taught himself techniques so that he could sense the world around him and became the leader of a group of ninjas par excellence known as the Chaste, also serving as sensei to Daredevil and Elektra along the way-not bad for an old dude with some lumber.

Spotlight Comic:

DAREDEVIL #176

-Stick teaches Daredevil his lessons the hard way!

7. WOLVERINE

First Appearance:

INCREDIBLE HULK #180 (1974)

Learn More About Him...

here

Why He Makes the List:

For most folks, an unbreakable skeleton, nearly unbeatable healing factor and pointy sharp claws that can cut through near anything would be enough if you're looking to pick a fight, but Wolverine ain't most folks. As has been documented on many occasions, Logan has spent quite a decent portion of his extraordinarily long life in the far eastern part of the world, honing his skills in a number of the martial arts, learning how to kill as well as how to heal his own shattered mind. Take away the claws, the metal bones and the healing factor, and it's a safe bet Wolverine can still beat the crap out of most folks in a fair fight.

Spotlight Comic:

WOLVERINE: MANIFEST DESTINY #1

-Logan returns to San Francisco's Chinatown to settle some old debts!

6. KARNAK

First Appearance:

FANTASTIC FOUR #45 (965)

Learn More About Him...

here

Why He Makes the List:

Even among Inhumans, Karnak is unique, his parents choosing not to expose him to the Terrigen Mist that gives most of his race their incredible powers and abilities. Rather than the quick fix of Terrigenesis, Karnak spent years in a monastery mastering the martial arts to the degree where he possesses a near-superhuman ability to perceive the weakest point in any object or person, making him among the most effective fighters in the entire universe. Karnak's unique-and undeniably cool-skills as well as his stoic persona make him one of Marvel's neatest under-the-radar badasses.

Spotlight Comic:

FANTASTIC FOUR ANNUAL #5 (1967)

-Karnak lends both hands and feet against the Psycho Man!

5. DAREDEVIL

First Appearance:

DAREDEVIL #1 (1964)

Learn More About Him...

here

Why He Makes the List:

Daredevil has long been one of the pillars of the Marvel Universe, but whereas once upon a time he could be mistaken for a wisecracking Spider-Man in a yellow suit, Matt Murdock has long since established his own more serious and intense persona, with his apprenticeship in the martial arts under Stick's tutelage playing a major role. Given DD's unique standing as a blind man able to "see" using a type of radar, the idea of incorporating ninja training to enhance his focus and fighting style has been a tremendous boon and led to some epic sagas, including his current emerging leadership of the Hand.

Spotlight Comic:

DAREDEVIL #189

-DD battles ninjas galore for the soul of Elektra!

4. IRON FIST (Orson Randall)

First Appearance:

IMMORTAL IRON FIST #1 (2006)

Learn More About Him...

here

Why He Makes the List:

Each era gets its own Iron Fist, and none could have been better-suited for the alternating dark twists and bizarre turns of the Golden Age like Orson Randall. Known to mix thrust blows with handguns and trade in his meditation time for opium, Randall was one of a kind and brought a unique and exciting edge to the Iron Fist legacy. As Orson's adventures have been slowly recounted over the past several years, we've been privy to some fun and exciting stories mixing straight noir with mysticism and the martial arts, anchored by a character who's just a blast to watch.

Spotlight Comic:

IMMORTAL IRON FIST: ORSON RANDALL AND THE GREEN MIST OF DEATH #1

-Orson Randall squares off with the Prince of Orphans!

3. ELEKTRA

First Appearance:

DAREDEVIL #168 (1981)

Learn More About Her...

here

Why She Makes the List:

Ask most denizens of the Marvel Universe who the deadliest woman on Earth is and the answer you're likely to get-with good reason-is Elektra. It's a reputation she has earned through years of training and discipline as well as more than her share of tragedy. It was the death of her father that first drove Elektra to throw herself into the martial arts and an all-consuming need to fill a heart emptied by want for vengeance that fueled her quest to be the best. Though she is not without honor, Elektra is often without remorse, using her outer beauty to mask the ruthless efficiency she holds within.

Spotlight Comic:

ELEKTRA #6 (2002)

-It's time for Elektra to go stealth in this "'Nuff Said" silent issue!

2. SHANG-CHI

First Appearance:

SPECIAL MARVEL EDITION #15 (1973)

Learn More About Him...

here

Why He Makes the List:

You don't earn the title "Master of Kung Fu" just by being pretty good at it. When it comes to pure martial arts skills, Shang-Chi may well be unparalleled in the Marvel Universe as the best pound-for-pound fighter around. Shang also possesses impressive cool under pressure and an appreciation for life's softer pleasures that belies his harsh upbringing and sinister parentage. Beware though; while it may be tough to rattle Shang-Chi from his state of Zen calm, once he does get good and pissed, there are few with hands more deadly.

Spotlight Comic:

HEROES FOR HIRE #9 (2007)

-Shang-Chi goes wild in the Savage Land!

1. IRON FIST (Danny Rand)

First Appearance:

MARVEL PREMIERE #15 (1974)

Learn More About Him...

here

Why He Makes the List:

He pulls out the still-beating hearts of giant dragons, he battles other immortal living weapons in epic tournaments, he channels his inner spirit into a thing as unto iron and he's still got time to be a hero for hire and teach karate to inner city kids-he's Danny Rand, aka Iron Fist, and he's the Secret Cabal's favorite Marvel martial artist. Though he was created in part to cash in on the kung fu craze of the 70's, Danny has proven to be an enduring character thanks to his affable personality, the ever-growing legend surrounding his mantle, and the bevy of talented creators who have contributed to his adventures. Iron Fist is a mythic warrior who also happens to be pretty down-to-earth-a guy we can all relate to.

Spotlight Comic:

IMMORTAL IRON FIST #8

-Danny Rand prepares for war as the Seven Capital Cities of Heaven hold their annual tournament!

More on Marvel.com:

http://marvel.com/news/story/9384/take_10_martial_artists#ixzz2mRBXMct8

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amseaton: That list doesn't make much sense.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Danny should be first.

amseaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By amseaton

@wolverine08: I don't completely agree with the list either. I thought it might be helpful in helping people form their own opinions about who the best h2h fighter is in the Marvel universe. I also find it interesting, because it was compiled by Marvel "staffers."

@patrat18: Danny was first ( #1)

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amseaton: Ah, cool. Elektra, Shang Chi, Batroc the Leaper, and Kitty Pryde haven't done anything to be in the top 10, and there's no reason why Wolverine shouldn't be in the top five. Jeez, Marvel "staffers" at it again.

Avatar image for noahmaximillion
    NoahMaximillion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 44

Spider-man, Shang-Chi and Julia Carpenter

ZeroPlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By ZeroPlus

Champion of the Universe, is Marvel's best fighter !

amseaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeroplus:

It is hard to argue against that. However, I think this discussion is focusing on human characters mainly.

ZeroPlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By ZeroPlus
    Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rick_grayson:

I agree with most of whom you listed except Cyclops. I'd also add Gamora, Mantis, Taskmaster, Shang Chu, and maybe Lady Deathstrike and Killmonger. Cyclops is very good at H2H but he is no where near the top/best in the MU.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could someone please clarify for me, as my character knowledge is almost entirely DC outside the average person stuff and what I've read on here, who the top fighters are in Marvel?

It feels like every thread I go in with a Marvel character has the argument that x is one of the top fighters in Marvel. Some of the most common are Wolverine, Captain America, Iron Fist, Elektra, Black Widow, Black Panther, Daredevil, Cyclops, but I know the list is a lot longer.I know there won't be a definitive top 10, otherwise comics would get pretty boring, but something to work with would be very much appreciated, particularly if it could be ordered from best to worst.

And just to be clear I mean H2H only, like a random encounter fight with standard gear but no powers. Stat boosting powers like Wolverines HF or Caps serum is fine, but for the purpose of this list Elektra wouldn't have this TP I've recently heard she has.

Thanks guys,

Out of the ones you listed black widow and cyclops do not belong here in any shape, way, or form. I don't know enough about Elektra to comment. The rest are top tier fighters.

I think when people use the term top fighters they are mostly referring to top tier. As in everyone in that tier can give each other a good fight on skill alone. You wont find fighters in the marvel universe who can curbstomp the likes of captain america, black panther, daredevil, etc. Basically.

Spider-man, Shang-Chi and Julia Carpenter

I love spider-man but no way would he be a top tier fighter....Julia also wouldn't be one either.

@amseaton How is batroc on the list but captain america, black panther, killmonger, crossbones, etc? I would also dispute Kanark and Kitty.....

amseaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Good question. You will have to ask the Marvel "staffers" that compiled the list. I wouldn't dispute Karnak. Kitty definitely hasn't shown the ability in comics to be considered in the top 10.

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
    cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

hmmmm. top 10 fighters in marvel u. excluding upper tier characters.

in no particular order: cap america, iron fist, black panther, taskmaster, deadpool, daredevil, wolverine, shang-chi, moon knight, and...... highly disputable (karnak, elektra, psylocke, gorgon, blah blah......) I say psylocke (ahhh, turmoil.......)

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

1. Iron Fist
    2. Shang Chi
    3. Wolverine
    4. Daredevil
    5. Black Panther
    6. Taskmaster
    7. Captain America
    8. Winter Soldier
    9. Batroc
    10. Hulk
    robertloucksjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By robertloucksjr

1. Iron Fist
    2. Shang Chi
    3. Wolverine
    4. Daredevil
    5. Black Panther
    6. Taskmaster
    7. Captain America
    8. Winter Soldier
    9. Batroc
    10. Hulk

Elektra/Gamora/Stick belongs in here somewhere.

And no Fat Cobra love?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Wolverine008

1. Iron Fist
    2. Shang Chi
    3. Wolverine
    4. Daredevil
    5. Black Panther
    6. Taskmaster
    7. Captain America
    8. Winter Soldier
    9. Batroc
    10. Hulk

I was going to comment on how Shang Chi hasn't done anything to be top 10, as has Batroc, but then I saw Hulk and I knew you were trolling :D

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By GhostRavage

@wolverine08: Hulk Smash. And im reeeeaaaally biased when it comes to Street Levelers. Im the worst guy to ask about a top 10 regarding Street Levelers :P

But in Shang Chi's defense, he actually fought Spider Man pretty good...

No Caption Provided

I mean, im awfully interested in him since im a big fan of Bruce Lee, though i have a very limited knowledge on him... But this should count for something...

He's fighting prowess and stats are off the charts...

No Caption Provided

And let's not forget the almighty classic ninja clan fighting...

I mean, he's too cool. Hulk Smash.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage: Nice scans. I'm actually became a fan of Shang after reading that issue earlier this year. And hey, Shang Chi is going to be trading shots with Gorgon (The guy who destroyed both Wolverine and Elektra at the same time, and who Logan admitted it was hopeless trying to match skill with.) this February in Avengers World #3. I hope he can do himself well. Marvel now seems intent on letting him back up all the hype he gets :)

MarlboroMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By MarlboroMan

1. Gamora
    2. Hercules
    3. Iron Fist
    4. Taskmaster
    5. Mr. X

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage: Nice scans. I'm actually became a fan of Shang after reading that issue earlier this year. And hey, Shang Chi is going to be trading shots with Gorgon (The guy who destroyed both Wolverine and Elektra at the same time, and who Logan admitted it was hopeless trying to match skill with.) this February in Avengers World #3. I hope he can do himself well. Marvel now seems intent on letting him back up all the hype he gets :)

Oh Sh!t! O.o! That'd be freaking awesome! :')

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman

Iron Fist

Black Panther

Wolverine

Captain America

Daredevil

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#35 god_spawn  Moderator

Shang-Chi doesn't belong on any list in this thread.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Wolverine008

@god_spawn: Give the man a break. He's Asain, does lots of martial art poses, and even Black Panther thinks he's better than Irom Fist! Believe the hype!

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: I see you trolling!

They hating, patrolling they think they gone catch me ridin' dirty. Tryna catch me ridin' dirty. Tryna catch me ridin' dirty. Tryna catch me riiiiiidin' dirty. Tryna catch me ridin' dirty.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#40  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
    Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I got an ideal for the top 5 premiere fighters/heroes on earth

1. Shang Chi - he has more pure skill than anyone on this list but he is also the most human. he can lose to the others because of there superior/superhuman stats

2 Iron Fist - slightly below Shang chi in skill but has the potential for superior stats and powers due to shou lou the undying. thus he could beat Shang using all of his talents

3. wolverine - has more experience than anyone on this roster but tends to rely on his powers more than skills. when kept up on his training he could beat anyone on this roster due to his mutant abilities and the two below him in a contest of pure skill.

4. Black Panther - probably had access to more formal training due to being a prince and taught techniques that cap never knew

5. Captain America - excellent fighter but probably doesn't know as much as the people above his list since being a super soldier would allow him to defeat most that aren't on par with him physically.

other noteworthy Martial artists of earth are Batroc, Elektra, karnak, deadpool, blade, etc. but I don't know where they fall.

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#43  Edited By deathstroke19
    Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@deathstroke19 said:

@cable_extreme: crap. You bee to it. I will say it anyway lol. @wolverine08: except against deathstroke.

lol, hey Wolverine08, I am wondering, notice how Spiderman was talking about being able to snap Logan's neck and Logan acknowledged it? I am wondering just how long Wolverine could last before Slade slips his blade through a vertebra. lol

Though to keep this post a little on topic, Iron Fist is a better fighter imo than Wolvie, based on feats, not just a sparring demo.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: Hulk has tried to pull Wolverine's arm off but failed due to his shoulder joints being laced in adimantium. Silver Samurai has landed neck shot on Logan with his sword covered in the tachyon field that let's it cur through virtually anything. Peter thinking that he could snap Logan's neck was just pure speculation on his part.

On topic, Iron Fist is indeed a bit more skilled than Logan, but James is indeed in his weight class skill wise, as that sparring match showed.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: Hulk has tried to pull Wolverine's arm off but failed due to his shoulder joints being laced in adimantium. Silver Samurai has landed neck shot on Logan with his sword covered in the tachyon field that let's it cur through virtually anything. Peter thinking that he could snap Logan's neck was just pure speculation on his part.

On topic, Iron Fist is indeed a bit more skilled than Logan, but James is indeed in his weight class skill wise, as that sparring match showed.

Notice it is in the same fight that you grab Logan's speed feat of Spiderman speculating a speed advantage. Can't take one without the other.

I would also argue Black Panther is more skilled, but Wolverine non the less will be everyone's favorite lol.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

Notice it is in the same fight that you grab Logan's speed feat of Spiderman speculating a speed advantage. Can't take one without the other.

I would also argue Black Panther is more skilled, but Wolverine non the less will be everyone's favorite lol.

The speed feat is valid because Logan has tagged Spider-Man on other occasions beside that fight. The neck part is invalid because it has been later shown in other comics that Logan's whole spine and joints are laced in adimantium and attacks on his neck have failed. So yeah mate, I can pick one without the other. Pete clearly didn't know what he was dealing with.

And no, T'Challa isn't more skilled when you get down to the nitty gritty of it. For starters, when looking at training history and how well it has been expounded on, Logan blows out T'Challa.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@cable_extreme said:

@wolverine08 said:

The speed feat is valid because Logan has tagged Spider-Man on other occasions beside that fight. The neck part is invalid because it has been later shown in other comics that Logan's whole spine and joints are laced in adimantium and attacks on his neck have failed. So yeah mate, I can pick one without the other. Pete clearly didn't know what he was dealing with.

And no, T'Challa isn't more skilled when you get down to the nitty gritty of it. For starters, when looking at training history and how well it has been expounded on, Logan blows out T'Challa.

Do you think then that the neck part was WIS? But the speed feat by the same writer 2 panels later should be taken? Perhaps look at the scan again, Wolverine told him he didn't have it in him to do it lol. But enough about the off topic stuff.

Well, idk if training history means much when Panther has a direct connection to the past Panthers.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

@cable_extreme said:

@wolverine08 said:

Do you think then that the neck part was WIS? But the speed feat by the same writer 2 panels later should be taken? Perhaps look at the scan again, Wolverine told him he didn't have it in him to do it lol. But enough about the off topic stuff.

Well, idk if training history means much when Panther has a direct connection to the past Panthers.

It was Peter's lack of knowledge on Logan. And like I said, whereas subsequent neck attacks on Logan have failed, he's gone on to tag Peter numerous times.

We don't really know the training history of the other Panther's either. Lol.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: What is this? This is impossible!! lol

No Caption Provided

The reason I brought up Black Panthers ability to use the past Panthers knowledge shows that Logans longer life time isn't an advantage.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.