Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Marvel vs Capcom 3 newest downloadable character from Marvel

MTHarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 0

Edited By MTHarman

The Doctors first time hitting in a fighting game.
    The Doctors first time hitting in a fighting game.
       After researching possible add-on content for the newest game Marvel vs Capcom 3, it was more than a shocking suprise on what was said to be the next and newest Marvel character to be introduced into the battle. Of course the next candidate isn't really fan driven, but very interesting to see how Capcom manages to add this next guy into the game. 
    A villain who hits number one for me and my top ten most favorite, it's rumored that Dr Octopus will be introduced later on as a downloadable character. Of course Capcom plans on adding extra costumes like they did with the recent Street Fighter game as well. 
    But for me, it's extremely exciting to see how the good doctor would playout in the game. As for the newest Capcom character to be added alongside Dr Octopus, that would be Frank West from the Dead Rising series. 
    Of course I did play Frank as a fighter within one of the Capcom fighting series, which I wasn't too thrilled about seeing how his character was a bit.........off from the game. BUT for a villain fan like myself, I can't believe the anticipation I have for the Doctors release and start kicking some serious ass online with him. 

Of course, this is the very first time of seeing the good Doctor in a one-on-one fighting game. Following this guy throughout the video game franchise, I realized how most of the time he was seen a bit stiff, uncoordinated, or just lacking the same action experience that we mostly see within the comics. 
    But knowing how Capcom managed to produce characters like Shuma-Gorath, Dormmamu, Dr Doom, Sentinel, and so much more very well, it's most likely that this time we would get the rewarding experience of doing some tentacle swinging hyper combos that would probably have online players not knowing what the hell just happened.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.