Marvel Vs Capcom 2 Tournament Ed. Arcade FightStick

Posted by G-Man (31700 posts) - - Show Bio

Mad Catz Interactive, Inc. has unveiled their "Marvel Vs Capcom 2" Arcade FightStick: Tournament Edition.  It will be available for the Xbox 360 and PS3 systems.   It will also be compatible with other fighting games.  Mad Catz has been working closely with Marvel and Capcom.  It includes never before seen artwork and will add more to the gameplay experience.

The FightStick has been approved by Marvel and will be issued in an individually numbered "collector's edition' packaging.  It features a "Japanese style ball-handled joystick, 30mm Action Buttons and button placement matching the Vewlix arcade cabinet configuration."

No word on the price just yet.  It will be available this fall exclusively at U.S. Gamestop stores, Capcom's online store and the Mad Catz online store.  

Are you a fan of these controllers?  Do you feel they add to the gaming experience?  Controllers in the past have ranged from $50 to $200.  The Street Fighter IV FightStick is available in a $70 version and the "Tournament Ed." goes for $150 at the Mad Catz store.  How much would you be willing to spend?
Staff
#1 Posted by jloneblackheart (5506 posts) - - Show Bio

Very cool but a little on the expensive side. I'm better with the controller anyway.

#2 Posted by bdog (118 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks sweet but is it worth the money?

#3 Edited by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Man, that stick looks slick. Maybe when it goes down in price I'll get it....lord knows SF4 is virtually unplayable with a normal 360 controller.

#4 Posted by goldenkey (2927 posts) - - Show Bio

Who didn't see this coming after D.C. vs Mortal Kombat.?  Any annoncement of what characters are going to be playable?

#5 Posted by jloneblackheart (5506 posts) - - Show Bio
@goldenkey: MvC2? It's already out and available for download on PS3 and XBox (I think), where have you been? All 56 characters are ready to go, no need to unlock them. Online versus and it's in high definition.
#6 Posted by Joe Venom (1275 posts) - - Show Bio

If I get 1 then my girlfriend would want 1 too, or else i will be accused of cheating after every victory so ill pass.

anyone looking for a friendly bout my 360 gamer tag is Joe Venom: 

Street Fighter 4
MvC2
Soul Calibur 4
coming soon MUA2

#7 Posted by N15PCA (63 posts) - - Show Bio

I still need to buy the 40 dollar D-pad only SF IV controller.  

#8 Posted by Jamiracles (351 posts) - - Show Bio

I consume whole TOWNSHIPS at this game, son.

#9 Posted by Sasuke (397 posts) - - Show Bio

Man i love fighting games but the only real reason to buy a fight stick is if you play or played alot of games at the arcade. If you don't your much better off getting a fight pad for $40 and not a stick For $150.

Xbox Live Gamertag: KingJ1807   Im always on just hit me up and tell me your from the vine. 
MVC2
SF4
Halo 3

#10 Posted by jakob187 (998 posts) - - Show Bio

Curious if the parts will be good enough in them or if they'll need to be replaced like the SFIV sticks.  =  /  Nonetheless, I like the design on it.

#11 Posted by danhimself (22443 posts) - - Show Bio

there's is no way in he!! that I would buy a $50 - $150 controller to play a $15 game....that's just insanity

#12 Posted by Noir-Bot (6 posts) - - Show Bio

I recognize Udon art.
It looks great. I wouldn't buy it, but it does look pretty sweet.

#13 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

good word= controller

bad words= joystick, fightstick, paddle

#14 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio
 SWEET!!!

@CATMANEXE:

LMAO
#15 Posted by bioghost (1245 posts) - - Show Bio

no way in hell i buying that I just got better at the control. 

If anyone out there want a friendly macth ex( don't use assit like crazy, or press one button to win a macth) 
look me up my gamertag for the 360 is BIOGHOST216 
just tell me that your from comicvine.
#16 Posted by TelekineticSun (334 posts) - - Show Bio

If I had my own place and money and had a room dedicated to FUN, then I'd get this. But I'm pretty garbage at my MVC 2 for PS2 so theres no need for me to spend money on this or the PS3 remake of the game itself.
#17 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

One can dream, but I'll pass on the controller

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.