Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Marvel Unveils Digital Plans at SXSW

• 60 results
    Mrgreenlantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Mrgreenlantern

anyone else having one hell of a time actually accessing comics youve PAID for...let alone our accounts? this smells of terrible planning i mean free + internet = crash

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#52  Edited By owie  Moderator

Well, I either downloaded a whole lot of comics (via my phone app) or I didn't.  I can't access them now for whatever reason(or old ones I had previously gotten), but they are listed in My Comics.  We'll see tomorrow, I guess.

leokearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By leokearon

@sparty-dbq said:

Is anyone else still experiencing problems with this? I actually did try at 4 AM like I joked about (I was already up for work related stuff) and I'm still getting the "Cannot connect to comic store" error.

Same here and it is still down so much for getting free comics :C

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

#54  Edited By akbogert

I am pretty sure all my "purchases" went through, so I'll be able to download a couple hundred issues eventually, but yeah, this completely killed Comixology, including all other paid issues and anything else tied to the account (yet another reason why the comic industry will need to get its act together in terms of what you actually buy, because paying $3.99 for an issue that can become inaccessible this easily is ridiculous).

I cannot believe no one saw this coming.

Avatar image for thenexusrebound
    thenexusrebound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By thenexusrebound

@dondave:

Comixlogy, but at the moment this free comic thing broke the site. They are working to fix it according to their facebook page.

CrashBang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By CrashBang

@sagejonathan said:

This is cool, but makes me worried that comics will soon become digital only.

This really scares me. I like the idea of going digital but I don't find digital books/comics as fun to read/collect or as secure. I like hard copies because they're then mine; I always have them.

Mrgreenlantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Mrgreenlantern

@thenexusrebound said:

@dondave:

Comixlogy, but at the moment this free comic thing broke the site. They are working to fix it according to their facebook page.

thank goodness

@CrashBang said:

@sagejonathan said:

This is cool, but makes me worried that comics will soon become digital only.

This really scares me. I like the idea of going digital but I don't find digital books/comics as fun to read/collect or as secure. I like hard copies because they're then mine; I always have them.

agreed 100% ive lost an issue of superior spiderman in this mess, time to contact support

Avatar image for thenexusrebound
    thenexusrebound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By thenexusrebound

@CrashBang: Marvel does offer a free digital copy with their hard copy which is nice. I like digital for when I'm on the go since i can load up my kindle. That being said splash pages are not the same digital they are broken up and harder to enjoy. I think the world needs both hard and digital copies. I hope that Marvel keeps supporting the free digital comic idea since it is a smart idea.

shackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By shackle

I have to say, Marvel had the right idea, but a small percentage of people royally screwed up the whole endeavor by being greedy a-holes and snatching up every stinking one of the comics offered--effectively killing the site/downloads for everyone else--instead of just picking out the books they were most interested in. So, thanks a lot, a-holes; you completely defeated the whole purpose of Marvel's generosity.

Mrgreenlantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Mrgreenlantern

This sucks royaly im walking home right now without access to both my marvel library and wrestling catalog :'(

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.