Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3? What would you want from it?

  • 70 results
  • 1
  • 2
Posted by zero6 (28 posts) - - Show Bio

So we've been there, played that as far as MUA 1 and 2 are concerned. I'm sure there has to have been some thoughts of a MUA 3 among the producers and developers besides just us as fans. As much as we want this, we have to ask: What would the concept involve? What new and old characters would be involved? What kind of gameplay would occur? As those thoughts come to mind, lets look back into the previous MUA games.

I think we can all agree in saying that the first MUA game was satisfying for its time. There were plenty of playable characters to at least make us somewhat happy and the concept and involvement of a completely original plot that has yet to be used before was quite interesting to play through. Not only was it entertaining but it didn't end too quickly but lasted almost longer than it should have (im not saying that this made it a bad game though!). The characters had many unique abilities and dialogue along with a large power set to match. The graphics arn't even close to superb but, like I said, it was very successful for its time. After you've found all the secrets and disks and completed the game, there's nothing else left you can do without getting a bit tired of the game. Sure, it's something you'll want to eventually come back to but probably not in a long time, maybe a good 1-3 months depending on who you are.

When MUA 2 stepped into the picture years later, it also brought in much improved graphics and new characters along with a completely changed gameplay and story mode. This was a huge improvement from the first as it lasted longer but was still entertaining all the same. I happened to enjoy the whole plot of the story even though it didnt exactly work into the comic much. It was nice to see faces of characters you wouldnt expect to see in there but at the same time it was a bit randomized, not to say that its a bad thing. Also, the idea of combining powers into a fusion was brilliant although some fusions just never seemed to work. However, my complaints of this was that even though there were new characters, the moveset was now limited to 4 powers individually. The idea of leveling up powers is great but i just was expecting more from that area. Along with that, it would have been nice to play as many of the NPCs among other characters and I wish they would have had more interacting with actual voice dialogue. And, just like the first game, there just wasnt much to do after everything was finished. Also, the game was missing a lot of characters that could have made all the difference to the game itself that appeared in the first game but vanished for the second.

Here's where the idea of a 3rd could improve it all: more things to do after game, a fixed and maybe lengthy storyline, more characters and character development in interaction and power set, and GRAPHICS. So my question to anyone else reading this is: What characters would you include/bring back for a 3rd? What story line do you think would work and be creative? What would your opinion be of an idea like a verses mode for 2-4 players where characters could face off? What are your thoughts on how a 3rd MUA would look and be appealing? Thoughts are appreciated!

#1 Posted by JediXMan (30647 posts) - - Show Bio

I want them to knock off the team-up based games and take a lesson from DC. Make a GOOD, serious game about just ONE of their characters. It was in MUA 2 that I really started losing respect for Marvel all around.

Moderator
#2 Posted by riri4life (7189 posts) - - Show Bio

I still want X-men Legends 3! :(

#3 Edited by isaac_clarke (5448 posts) - - Show Bio

Less is more and when I say that, I mean less X-Men.

@JediXMan said:

I want them to knock off the team-up based games and take a lesson from DC. Make a GOOD, serious game about just ONE of their characters. It was in MUA 2 that I really started losing respect for Marvel all around.

So take a lesson by making just one good game rolling around a street leveler? Cuz it's not like DC is pumping out great games outside it's recent Arkham titles.

#4 Posted by JediXMan (30647 posts) - - Show Bio
@isaac_clarke said:

Less is more and when I say that, I mean less X-Men.

@JediXMan said:

I want them to knock off the team-up based games and take a lesson from DC. Make a GOOD, serious game about just ONE of their characters. It was in MUA 2 that I really started losing respect for Marvel all around.

So take a lesson by making just one good game rolling around a street leveler?

I've yet to be dazzled by a single game Marvel has made as I was with Arkham. If it's just one good game, that's fine with me. It feels like every Marvel game is the exact same thing with the exact same fighting.
Moderator
#5 Edited by isaac_clarke (5448 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

I've yet to be dazzled by a single game Marvel has made as I was with Arkham. If it's just one good game, that's fine with me. It feels like every Marvel game is the exact same thing with the exact same fighting.

It's not just super heroes games that feel exactly the same, there is a ton of repetition in the gaming market. I posted this a little early, one good game from a particular developer won't change DC from putting out bad games in much larger quantities, much like Marvel. Just like Bale's Batman didn't suddenly make GL a great success(blame Geoff Johns) or the Marvel Studios staple of approval doesn't guarantee the movie will be awesome.

#6 Edited by JediXMan (30647 posts) - - Show Bio
@isaac_clarke said:

@JediXMan said:

I've yet to be dazzled by a single game Marvel has made as I was with Arkham. If it's just one good game, that's fine with me. It feels like every Marvel game is the exact same thing with the exact same fighting.

It's not just super heroes games that feel exactly the same, there is a ton of repetition in the gaming market.

True. I get the same feeling when I play a lot of games, and it's irritating.
 
Cue Arkham, a breath of fresh air in the gaming market.
Moderator
#7 Posted by isaac_clarke (5448 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

True. I get the same feeling when I play a lot of games, and it's irritating. Que Arkham, a breath of fresh air in the gaming market.

I'll agree with you Arkham was a good game, my one beef was it felt was short and I'm not much of a fan if you check out my trophies of anything involving out of game /story timed challenges and the like(I'll finish Arkham's someday I guess, albeit that is very very very much behind on my ta do list)..

#8 Posted by isaac_clarke (5448 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh and back to the thread, a story revolving around cosmic heroes like annihilation wouldn't hurt.

#9 Posted by Illuminatus (9509 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions>Arkham Asylum, in my opinion. Although I believe that Arkham City will stand out as one of the greatest comic book character games ever made.  
 
I don't really want a new Marvel: Ultimate Alliance installment. The second one isn't necessarily a great game, but it has tremendous replay value that never quite gets old, especially if you have the DLC characters.  
 
If Marvel were to shove another down our throats, I would hope it would revolve around Dark Reign, or possibly Annihilation.

#10 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

If they were to make another, just make it completely different to that cluster**ck crapfest that was MUA 2. 
 
And of course, less X-Men, particularly less terrible X-Men, is only a good thing. 

#11 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

If they were to make another, just make it completely different to that cluster**ck crapfest that was MUA 2.

This this this this this this. MUA2 had such potential and it was just a mess.

.... oh and Gargan Venom shouting "IT'S A MAC ATTACK" made me nearly kill a small animal with my PS3 controller.

#12 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

If they were to make another, just make it completely different to that cluster**ck crapfest that was MUA 2.

This this this this this this. MUA2 had such potential and it was just a mess.

.... oh and Gargan Venom shouting "IT'S A MAC ATTACK" made me nearly kill a small animal with my PS3 controller.

What the Hell was Penance doing in that game? I mean, I like Penance, but he had no right being there over other characters, like Ghost Rider. 
#13 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

If they were to make another, just make it completely different to that cluster**ck crapfest that was MUA 2.

This this this this this this. MUA2 had such potential and it was just a mess.

.... oh and Gargan Venom shouting "IT'S A MAC ATTACK" made me nearly kill a small animal with my PS3 controller.

What the Hell was Penance doing in that game? I mean, I like Penance, but he had no right being there over other characters, like Ghost Rider.

If it weren't for the fact that Penance is the guy who caused Stamford, I'd agree. Then again, he never really does anything relevant in the T-bolts comics afterward aside from be slightly menacing and emotionally traumatized.

#14 Posted by ApatheticAvenger (1636 posts) - - Show Bio

I demand Cyclops, Black Bolt, Emma Frost, Magneto, and Doc Strange as playable characters.

Magneto was only available through dlc in both previous games (of course I HAD to buy them, I can't not play Magneto while shouting "Welcome to Die!" every five minutes), Black Bolt was only an npc in the first game, Emma has yet to be playable since the first X-Men Legends, Doc Strange wasn't in the second game even though he was one the best characters in the first (why put in Jean Grey and not him?) and Cyclops should be in any Marvel crossover game by virtue of the fact that he IS the X-Men.

I would mention Deadpool, but clearly Raven loves him as much as I do and his place in the third game is a guarantee.

#16 Posted by jcbart (341 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd prefer another X-Men Legends game to be honest. As much as I enjoyed the first MUA, the first X-Men Legends was far superior, and the second one took what was great about it and amplified it. They also had really great, original stories.

#17 Posted by HotSauceCommittee (345 posts) - - Show Bio

New engine, better camera, Rocket Raccoon, better combat.
 
Won't happen though, pretty sure Activision lost the Marvel license.

#18 Edited by jhazzroucher (15809 posts) - - Show Bio

I really, really, really love x-men legends 2 in PSP. Archangel was really really looking good. the story was awesome in my opinion. I tried MUA but kinda felt a little boring. the scenes were not good to look at.

I prefer x-men legends 3 if i have to choose. a lot of reasons. the previous game was awesome. The characters really have different skills and are interesting. We could play the less popular ones since MUA are usually starred by the the more popular characters and centered to them too, over and over again. In x-men, the main characters are not always the same or have a big cast for main characters while in MUA, it would only be like this almost all the time: Cap, IM, Thor, Hulk, Spider-man and Wolverine, as if they're the only characters in the game. (but maybe i overexaggerated my opinion.)

anyways, i hope MUA3 willl be different and more interesting. I hope the game will be similar to x-men legends 2 but longer playtime, better graphics of course, more interesting plots and more characters.

#19 Posted by Sissel (1991 posts) - - Show Bio

X-men Legends 2 > MUA 2, IMHO. So, I would love to see another X-men Legends game. Probably graphics that looks like Diablo 3. And maintain the skill and leveling system.

#20 Posted by daredevil21134 (11851 posts) - - Show Bio

I hated 2

#21 Posted by SupermanJohnathanKentJr (300 posts) - - Show Bio

Emma Frost (Don't like the character, just her powers)

Cable

No dialogue options. Characters should interact with each other like they would in the comics. Or at least don't make characters say what they'd never say in dialogue options.

COMIC BOOK MISSIONS- The greatest omission from the X-Men Legends games. Just imagine them trying to make you relive some of the greatest moments in comic book history. It would easily be the best unlockable ever.

More fluid action. I want the characters to move like they do in comics and for the combos to be much less stiff and more of them.

The Warriors (The Rockstar version) style of being able to move away from another player and have the game automatically go into split screen. It would allow more freedom of movement.

An original story that works well for video games. Let's be real, almost no comic book story can be translated perfectly into a game and no one wants to see these stories get butchered. Make an all new story for games...without making it insult the fans intelligence. Also, make sure it's not connected to the previous games continuity. That would hold it back.

Bring back Wolverine's Berserker mode. MUA1 Wolverine is still the most fun character to play as in the franchise.

Less limits on power use. For example, projectile based characters should be able to limitlessly fire a weaker version of their attack and their more powerful stuff should be tied to a meter. (Think Cyclops from the Marvel vs Capcom games.)

Player vs player

Multiple costumes right out of the gate. I also want to see them let you use different versions of characters for different sets of powers/moves (Black Suit Spidey, Gladiator Hulk, Celestial Iron Man etc., etc.)

Powers interact with the world more. (Spider-man, 'nuff said)

#22 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

for it not to be made.

#23 Posted by CATPANEXE (9368 posts) - - Show Bio

I really think in the same way the line moved from the XML series to the MUA, and MUA1 to an entirely different format in MUA2, that we won't see an MUA3, but some sort of new evolution in the gaming experience, the upcoming MMO and X-Men Destiny being evidence of this, and that is exactly what I want to see in the next game. I liked the games as they were, but there was much room for growth. For example even though I played as various characters, they didn't feel all that individual. So for starters I would like to see an expansion on the concept used in X-Men The Official Game, whereas one used players more in their native elements and play styles incorporated into the MUA2 engine (so Spider-Man for example would react more like he does in his solo games for example). Games are fine for what they are, but if they don't change and grow they are just rehashes, not sequels proper. The Mario game series is a legendary example of an evolving concept.

Given the change of all character gaming rights back to Disney Interactive and the foundation of it's subset Marvel Interactive Gaming, I actually wonder how long Activision even has to play with the franchise.

#24 Posted by SupermanJohnathanKentJr (300 posts) - - Show Bio

@isaac_clarke said:

Oh and back to the thread, a story revolving around cosmic heroes like annihilation wouldn't hurt.

No, Annihilation should get it's own seperate game

#25 Edited by ARMIV2 (8546 posts) - - Show Bio

I said this before about such a subject, so I'll say it again.

NO console exclusives.

Now for everything else: a bigger roster that DOES NOT remove interesting characters to replace them with crumby fan-boy favorites, a story that DOESN'T try and work around a set plot thus allowing for more freedom with what and how the game can do and go, more than one alternate costume (like in the first one), more camera options, better stat/ability upgrading, ultimate attacks that actually do something, the ability to turn off certain team cpu actions, Rocket Raccoon, and ultimately more depth.

@SupermanJohnathanKentJr said:

Emma Frost (Don't like the character, just her powers)

Cable

No dialogue options. Characters should interact with each other like they would in the comics. Or at least don't make characters say what they'd never say in dialogue options.

COMIC BOOK MISSIONS- The greatest omission from the X-Men Legends games. Just imagine them trying to make you relive some of the greatest moments in comic book history. It would easily be the best unlockable ever.

More fluid action. I want the characters to move like they do in comics and for the combos to be much less stiff and more of them.

The Warriors (The Rockstar version) style of being able to move away from another player and have the game automatically go into split screen. It would allow more freedom of movement.

An original story that works well for video games. Let's be real, almost no comic book story can be translated perfectly into a game and no one wants to see these stories get butchered. Make an all new story for games...without making it insult the fans intelligence. Also, make sure it's not connected to the previous games continuity. That would hold it back.

Bring back Wolverine's Berserker mode. MUA1 Wolverine is still the most fun character to play as in the franchise.

Less limits on power use. For example, projectile based characters should be able to limitlessly fire a weaker version of their attack and their more powerful stuff should be tied to a meter. (Think Cyclops from the Marvel vs Capcom games.)

Player vs player

Multiple costumes right out of the gate. I also want to see them let you use different versions of characters for different sets of powers/moves (Black Suit Spidey, Gladiator Hulk, Celestial Iron Man etc., etc.)

Powers interact with the world more. (Spider-man, 'nuff said)

And this.

#26 Posted by DeadpoolvIronFist (2416 posts) - - Show Bio

I want a really good Captain America/Iron Fist/Green Lantern/Flash game.

#27 Edited by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

If there were to be an UA3, I hope it be Fear itself-based. But for a Marvel game, I would want a good X-Men game with an engine more like X3 than X-Men Legends 2/X-men Destiny but with better character choices...

I would also want a Punisher or X-Force game with an engine similar to GOW3.

#28 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13190 posts) - - Show Bio

simple. the playstyle and comic missions of the first MUA with the graphics of the second game. 
 
throw in an original plot  with an expanded roster and your golden.

Online
#29 Posted by Enzeru (2954 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 ... Mhhh.
 

  • I would want it to include the Sentry as a playable character
  • To offer you at least 12-15 hours of playing time and also be replayable
  • To get good reviews from Gametrailers and Gamespot
  • To have good graphics ... X-Men: Destiny is a pure optical mess ...
#30 Posted by spartan92 (2520 posts) - - Show Bio

@SupermanJohnathanKentJr said:

Emma Frost (Don't like the character, just her powers)

Cable

No dialogue options. Characters should interact with each other like they would in the comics. Or at least don't make characters say what they'd never say in dialogue options.

COMIC BOOK MISSIONS- The greatest omission from the X-Men Legends games. Just imagine them trying to make you relive some of the greatest moments in comic book history. It would easily be the best unlockable ever.

More fluid action. I want the characters to move like they do in comics and for the combos to be much less stiff and more of them.

The Warriors (The Rockstar version) style of being able to move away from another player and have the game automatically go into split screen. It would allow more freedom of movement.

An original story that works well for video games. Let's be real, almost no comic book story can be translated perfectly into a game and no one wants to see these stories get butchered. Make an all new story for games...without making it insult the fans intelligence. Also, make sure it's not connected to the previous games continuity. That would hold it back.

Bring back Wolverine's Berserker mode. MUA1 Wolverine is still the most fun character to play as in the franchise.

Less limits on power use. For example, projectile based characters should be able to limitlessly fire a weaker version of their attack and their more powerful stuff should be tied to a meter. (Think Cyclops from the Marvel vs Capcom games.)

Player vs player

Multiple costumes right out of the gate. I also want to see them let you use different versions of characters for different sets of powers/moves (Black Suit Spidey, Gladiator Hulk, Celestial Iron Man etc., etc.)

Powers interact with the world more. (Spider-man, 'nuff said)

this, i would want the developers to put all there effort into making a really good, enjoyable and replayable game like Batman AA & AC

.

#31 Posted by _Beastmaster_ (1515 posts) - - Show Bio

World War Hulk storyline+Annihilation+Secret Invasion

#32 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6482 posts) - - Show Bio

I demand MUA 3 brings back Ghost Rider and Moon Knight. Also, have a plot that gets to it's point quicker. Maybe take the DCU road and have a mode where you crate a superhero/supervilain and choose a superhero/villain as a mentor. Also, I think the storyline should be more interactive. The ending is different depending on what choices you make.

#33 Posted by Shadowdoggy (3815 posts) - - Show Bio

a new developer. MUA2 was a huge let down.

#34 Posted by KDarkholme (337 posts) - - Show Bio

Better graphics and a PC Version

Rogue as a main character. Lol

#35 Posted by The_Assassin_ (17437 posts) - - Show Bio

Taskmaster >_> 

#36 Posted by SupermanJohnathanKentJr (300 posts) - - Show Bio

@spartan92 said:

@SupermanJohnathanKentJr said:

Emma Frost (Don't like the character, just her powers)

Cable

No dialogue options. Characters should interact with each other like they would in the comics. Or at least don't make characters say what they'd never say in dialogue options.

COMIC BOOK MISSIONS- The greatest omission from the X-Men Legends games. Just imagine them trying to make you relive some of the greatest moments in comic book history. It would easily be the best unlockable ever.

More fluid action. I want the characters to move like they do in comics and for the combos to be much less stiff and more of them.

The Warriors (The Rockstar version) style of being able to move away from another player and have the game automatically go into split screen. It would allow more freedom of movement.

An original story that works well for video games. Let's be real, almost no comic book story can be translated perfectly into a game and no one wants to see these stories get butchered. Make an all new story for games...without making it insult the fans intelligence. Also, make sure it's not connected to the previous games continuity. That would hold it back.

Bring back Wolverine's Berserker mode. MUA1 Wolverine is still the most fun character to play as in the franchise.

Less limits on power use. For example, projectile based characters should be able to limitlessly fire a weaker version of their attack and their more powerful stuff should be tied to a meter. (Think Cyclops from the Marvel vs Capcom games.)

Player vs player

Multiple costumes right out of the gate. I also want to see them let you use different versions of characters for different sets of powers/moves (Black Suit Spidey, Gladiator Hulk, Celestial Iron Man etc., etc.)

Powers interact with the world more. (Spider-man, 'nuff said)

this, i would want the developers to put all there effort into making a really good, enjoyable and replayable game like Batman AA & AC

.

Good, now let's send them a million emails asking for this. :D

#37 Posted by CapFanboy (5136 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by Nefarious (20419 posts) - - Show Bio

I want improvement.

#39 Posted by Jackson_Hartley (186 posts) - - Show Bio

More playable characters is always nice, but I'd like to see more less known characters. Also, more buffing type characters. In MUA2, Iron Fist had that sweet move that restored hit points (which saved me many time on legendary); Unfortunately, I like to diversify my lineup alot, so whenever he was there, I died a little more, lol.

Also, maybe a plot line that involves the multiverse. Plus voice acting for all characters during conversations. Again, the nerd in me loves that crap. I played through the wakanda map so may times just to hear different characters interact with nanite-controlled Fury's hologram; by the way, Gambit's was the best sounding one.

Oh, and definitely more alternate costumes. MUA2 only had one alternate. Small gripe, I know, but as a big comic nerd, I like seeing those things.

#40 Posted by Atomic_Punk (103 posts) - - Show Bio

I consider the X-Men Legend series and MUA all the same and so far I felt MUA2 was by far the weakest link. It's been so long since I played it but I still remember some of what disappointed me about it: Firstly it seemed much shorter since it was half the time to compete as it's predecessor, unless you consider replaying all the levels as the opposite team or your original run, so lame; Too many characters that were only temporarily popular due to the current storylines of the time (Penance? Gargan Venom???) the first game was chocked full of classic characters and fan favorites only; And what upset me most is that the MUA1 was a real labor of love to the whole Marvel Universe and made sure to visit each aspect of the fiction (Street level, Cosmic, Mystic, etc) MUA2 was kinda just a marketing device for the Civil War event... and not a very good one as it just butchered it, completely failing to capture the severity and emotion required to tell it, though in all honesty that's rally a fault of the game genre as it doesn't lend itself well to any narrative; Last gripe, I forget exactly why but I recall not having as much control over my character's development... In fact I think that aspect has been simplified in each iteration since X-Men Legends.

If there is a MUA3, and I hope there is cause I love these dungeon crawler games, I would hope they go back a bit to the interface and overall lighthearted feel of MUA1 and the Legends series. Maybe follow up with the ending of MUA1 with Galactus swearing revenge on Earth's heroes. And of course the obvious stuff, Better graphics, bigger character list and more powers.

#41 Posted by Atomic_Punk (103 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt: It really is that simple. Makes you wonder how they botched number two so bad.

#42 Posted by Joesoef95 (315 posts) - - Show Bio

@Atomic_Punk said:

If there is a MUA3, and I hope there is cause I love these dungeon crawler games, I would hope they go back a bit to the interface and overall lighthearted feel of MUA1 and the Legends series. Maybe follow up with the ending of MUA1 with Galactus swearing revenge on Earth's heroes. And of course the obvious stuff, Better graphics, bigger character list and more powers.

Hell yes.

Also I'd love another Spider-Man free roam, like Ultimate Spider-man. I love the comic-y graphics that game had.

#43 Posted by Hellga (4 posts) - - Show Bio

my people and I love the first MUA and second MUA we would want to see a third MUA ( Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 ) here our best of the best females playable for Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3

01 ) Dark Phoenix / White Phoenix of the Crown her story is hero only ! her power should be differently to become more powerful and supermassive Starting Costume Dark Phoenix. Alternate Costumes : White Phoenix, Here Come Tomorrow, Gold Phoenix, Age of Apocalypse

02 ) Selene / The Black Queen

03 ) Scarlet Witch

04 ) Storm

05) Ms Marvel

06 ) Songbird

07 ) Black Widow

08 ) Invisible Woman

09) Black Cat

10 VILLAIN BOSSES MARVEL ULTIMATE ALLIANCE 3

01) Apocalypse

02 ) Galactus

03 ) Doctor Doom

04 ) Onslaught

05 ) Thanos

06 ) Kang the Conqueror

07 ) Titania

08 ) Eternity

09 ) Mister Sinister

10 ) Namor

#44 Posted by Hanselgreetel (3 posts) - - Show Bio

We would want to see Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 storyline is about

01. Age of Apocalypse

02. White Hot Room

03. World War Hulk

04. Atlantis Attack

05. Onslaught Reborn

06. Annihilation

07. Secret Invasion

and we would want it to include White Phoenix of the Crown + Black-bolt + Silver Surfer + Doctor Strange + The Black Queen + Punisher as playable character we still don't know when Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 should come out we always hope it will happen

#45 Posted by Aero_gt (840 posts) - - Show Bio

Expansion of characters including Cyclops and more x men, characters from the first Mua, ability to play as more bad guys, and less dlc or none for more unlockables. The gameplay can be like MUA 2 same with graphics . More missions not neccesarily main. Better vaierty of powers, buffers, muscles, agile, party bussters, damage dealers. More dialogue, more choicesthat mean things, and ability to alter my points and powers ranges, even through in afew more powers or skills to hrlp my party when on harder levels.

#46 Posted by Oblivious (57 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to see Howard the Duck as a DLC if they make Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3. As far as playable character(s) right from the start I would want to see Moon Knight back in action and Nova

#47 Posted by johnkmccubbin91 (3486 posts) - - Show Bio

The first game good, second poor. So have an actual story structure and don't totally adapt a story and rush though it. Don't make the game overly repetitive. Make it so you actually get a better advantage using a pre existing team like Avengers or FF. Make the characters unique and don't rush moves on them.

In fact what @JediXMan: said and just make a game in the same league as the Arkham games.

Also Marvel were getting better with Spider-Man shattered dimensions and X-Men Origins Wolverine (which for being based on a film and that film being poor was a very good game) but then they had to make X-Men Destiny

#48 Posted by k4tzm4n (44255 posts) - - Show Bio
  • The detailed RPG elements from MUA 1. Make it take a long time to upgrade characters all of the way, let us select from a wide assortment of moves, and bring back individual power moves. More attention to characters makes it understandable if the roster is smaller. It's annoying when a handful of characters have the exact same move. Make the picks unique and focus 100% on making each feel like a different individual. Then, give us some DLC characters (in packs, of course), just make sure it's worth it!
  • The graphics/presentation/attention to detail in MUA2 (naturally better since so much time has passed now). This was honestly the only advantage MUA2 had over 1.
  • A more unique and varied assortment of bonus missions. After all, this eventually becomes the only replay value we have left.
  • 4 costumes per character.
  • A unique story. Inspiring it off a real story is fun and all, but then you just receive overflowing nerd rage when things are drastically changed. There's plenty of material to create your own tale, so have at it, developers.
  • And speaking of story, if you're giving us choices, make them actually have some significance. Picking a side felt useless in MUA2 because eventually, it didn't matter.
Staff
#49 Posted by JediXMan (30647 posts) - - Show Bio

@johnkmccubbin91 said:

The first game good, second poor. So have an actual story structure and don't totally adapt a story and rush though it. Don't make the game overly repetitive. Make it so you actually get a better advantage using a pre existing team like Avengers or FF. Make the characters unique and don't rush moves on them.

In fact what @JediXMan: said and just make a game in the same league as the Arkham games.

Also Marvel were getting better with Spider-Man shattered dimensions and X-Men Origins Wolverine (which for being based on a film and that film being poor was a very good game) but then they had to make X-Men Destiny

X-Men Destiny would have been fantastic... if they did it the way I wanted it.

I wanted it to be an action/RPG where you are a student at Xavier's, learning your powers and rising in the ranks until you become a real X-Man. RPG elements include changing sides if you choose (X-Men, government, Brotherhood, etc.), sub-quests, possibly a romantic subplot, free roaming around the Xavier estate (or free roaming around Utopia / San Francisco), the ability to evolve your powers as you progress (like Mass Effect: you choose a preset in the beginning from a list, and you advance specific ones), fully customizable character, etc.

In short, it might be kinda cool if Marvel just got BioWare to do it... maybe. BioWare has had its share of screw ups.

Moderator
#50 Posted by johnkmccubbin91 (3486 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan: Yeah that would have been good and BioWare would maybe do a good job, but as you said they have had there share of screw ups they haven't had as many as Activision

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.