Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2: Boss Fights Video

• 60 results
Posted by G-Man (39205 posts) - - Show Bio

Are you ready for Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2?  It's set to be released on Tuesday, September 15, 2009.  You'll have you choice of getting it on the Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, PS2, PSP or DS.  Since the game is centered around the Civil War story, the side you choose will affect the way the game plays.  It will affect who is on your side and what boss fights you'll encounter.  Marvel has put out a video about the boss fights and shows a little of what you can expect.

The question is, which side will you be on?  Who do you want as your allies and who do you want to fight against?  Are you picking this up on Tuesday?  What system will you be getting it for?  What character are you looking forward to playing as?
Staff
#1 Posted by Anderson: Agent of SMITH (245 posts) - - Show Bio

It sucks that Hulk is only playable if you buy it from Best Buy though.

#2 Posted by G-Man (39205 posts) - - Show Bio
@Anderson: Agent of SMITH said:
"

"
That's not really the case.  If you buy it at Best Buy, you get a CODE to unlock him early.  He'll still be in the game later and unlockable if you buy the game elsewhere.

Other stores have similiar EARLY UNLOCK CODES:
Juggernaut at Gamestop and Thor at GameCrazy
Staff
#3 Posted by Nahero (9350 posts) - - Show Bio

its so awesome

#4 Edited by The Englander (1188 posts) - - Show Bio

I Can't wait to fight against Pym

#5 Posted by Morpheus_ (29909 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Englander said:
" I Can't wait to fight against Pym "
Cap vs Pym already happened in a comic book. In the Ultimate Universe...Cap destroyed him.
#6 Posted by The Englander (1188 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @The Englander said:
Cap vs Pym already happened in a comic book. In the Ultimate Universe...Cap destroyed him. "
Pym never beat anyone, except for Blob lol
#7 Posted by Morpheus_ (29909 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Englander said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @The Englander said:
Cap vs Pym already happened in a comic book. In the Ultimate Universe...Cap destroyed him. "
Pym never beat anyone, except for Blob lol "
He wasn't that bad in the Ultimate universe...But he was still nothing exceptional.
#8 Posted by defaultdefaultdefault (16426 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @The Englander said:
dam. no use buying the game then.
#9 Posted by Morpheus_ (29909 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATMANEXE said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @The Englander said:
dam. no use buying the game then. "
..Never did I imply that, catman. Just an observation. I always found it funny how Pym was so great in size, and yet Captain beat him with ease. The outcome in the game should be pretty similar, that's why I mentioned it.
#10 Posted by shankarma (50 posts) - - Show Bio

yay yay cant wait
#11 Posted by Power NeXus (10266 posts) - - Show Bio

Is that going to be available for Wii?
#12 Posted by defaultdefaultdefault (16426 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @CATMANEXE said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @The Englander said:
..Never did I imply that, catman. Just an observation. I always found it funny how Pym was so great in size, and yet Captain beat him with ease. The outcome in the game should be pretty similar, that's why I mentioned it. "
so did Taskamster. along with Stature and O'Grady in shield throw. in 616.
the article is about the release of a video game, not an Ultimates comic book.
and yes im aware of the issue. i posted a scan of it in response to you a few days ago. 
the outcome wont be similar.
#13 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3617 posts) - - Show Bio

I would be with Captain America in the anti-registration side.

#14 Posted by Morpheus_ (29909 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATMANEXE said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

" @CATMANEXE said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @The Englander said:
..Never did I imply that, catman. Just an observation. I always found it funny how Pym was so great in size, and yet Captain beat him with ease. The outcome in the game should be pretty similar, that's why I mentioned it. "
so did Taskamster. along with Stature and O'Grady in shield throw. in 616. the article is about the release of a video game, not an Ultimates comic book. and yes im aware of the issue. i posted a scan of it in response to you a few days ago.  the outcome wont be similar. "

- Englander is a friend, and I responded to him, without any bad intentions. I do not care if you think it was off topic, or not...

- I have never mentioned that fight before now. So, clearly, you responded to someone else.
#15 Posted by king claw (75 posts) - - Show Bio

PENANCE !!!!!!!!!!!

#16 Posted by defaultdefaultdefault (16426 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_:
im aware, even if you surmise your intellect somehow greater than the rest of us.
you made a silly sarcastic comment, i made one as well. you gave an indepth 
and unneeded response as if you believed you were in a Battle thread, and i
was a five year old who never read a comicbook. (like the one that Cap destroyed
Pym in...while he was at normal size, and runk off his rocker,then Pym grew and 
knocked him through a building.), happened outside of the scans i put up, in the rest of 
the issue. i beat Onslaught with Zangief in MVC2. i beat Apocalypse, and all 4 of his Horseman,
being Holocaust, Abyss, AoA Mikhail and Archangel, at once, and Apocalypse had god powers in
X-Men Legends 2 on the highest level of difficulty with only Nightcralwer using his teleport
and didnt get hit once. your entire statement was moot. never said it was off topic. thats in your 
head.

#17 Posted by k4tzm4n (39484 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm...In the video he says "as the 24 playable characters"...I'm really hoping there are at least 4 unlockable characters.
Staff Online
#18 Posted by Morpheus_ (29909 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATMANEXE said:

"  @Morpheus_: im aware, even if you surmise your intellect somehow greater than the rest of us. you made a silly sarcastic comment, i made one as well. you gave an indepth  and unneeded response as if you believed you were in a Battle thread, and i was a five year old who never read a comicbook. (like the one that Cap destroyed Pym in...while he was at normal size, and runk off his rocker,then Pym grew and  knocked him through a building.), happened outside of the scans i put up, in the rest of  the issue. i beat Onslaught with Zangief in MVC2. i beat Apocalypse, and all 4 of his Horseman, being Holocaust, Abyss, AoA Mikhail and Archangel, at once, and Apocalypse had god powers in X-Men Legends 2 on the highest level of difficulty with only Nightcralwer using his teleport and didnt get hit once. your entire statement was moot. never said it was off topic. thats in your  head. "

- Once again, you assume too much.

-
Englander is a friend, and his comment made me remember that exact issue. My original comment was neither sarcastic, nor silly.  Just my recollection on the matter. But you can perceive it as such, if it pleases you. You think, that I think, that my intellectual level is above the rest of the users, or that my original post was silly and sarcastic, and that my response to you was unnecessary, as well. Bravo. Let this end here; I both uninterested, and unwilling of engaging in an unnecessary debate with you, on something completely pointless.

The only thing I would be interested to know however, is about those scans you keep talking about.
#19 Edited by The Sharp Dressed Lady (284 posts) - - Show Bio

Now, THIS looks quite good. Ya, G-Mans right about you getting the code to unlock him early from Best Buy. 

If you're not really sure or are worried whether you're getting Hulk or not, phone up Best Buy to ask them, or go in person, and they'll get someone to explain it to you. 

#20 Posted by G-Man (39205 posts) - - Show Bio
@Power NeXus said:

" Is that going to be available for Wii? "

@G-Man said:

You'll have you choice of getting it on the Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, PS2, PSP or DS.

Staff
#21 Posted by dancingphlower (95 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to wait on this one. The initial roster is a little disappointing to me.

#22 Posted by PrinceIMC (5505 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm totally buying this the first day. Coincidence that X-Men Origins: Wolverine, the 2 new volumes of X-Men Animated series and first season of Wolverine and the X-Men all come out the same day?  I think I'll play anti-registration first then do it again pro-registration.

#23 Posted by monkeypool (48 posts) - - Show Bio

Getting it Tuesday.  
Since the first X-Men Legends game, these games have been the best games ever made for any system, any genre aynthing at all. 
MUA set the bar awfully high, it's a game I still play regularily, even though it's been years since it's release date. 

I expect MUA2 to be the new standard in video games, much the way the first MUA was. 

As far as I am concerned, they can go on to make a thousand of these games, I will buy them all!
#24 Posted by Grim (2185 posts) - - Show Bio

hate civil war. dont know if i want this game

#25 Posted by CellphoneGirl (19002 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pissed i can't play songbird on anti.....

#26 Posted by War Killer (20880 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool, I'm looking forward to the Yellowjacket bossfight

#27 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (8655 posts) - - Show Bio

I bought the game Thursday. I was in wal-mart and it was just sitting there so i grabbed it.. i didnt really get why it was out early... oh yea btw it's pretty badass!....alot better than the first.

#28 Posted by CellphoneGirl (19002 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer said:
" Cool, I'm looking forward to the Yellowjacket bossfight "
It looked like Firestar was playable for that fight..... Weird...
#29 Posted by War Killer (20880 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
" @War Killer said:
" Cool, I'm looking forward to the Yellowjacket bossfight "
It looked like Firestar was playable for that fight..... Weird... "
I didn't even see her until you mentioned it, but yeah it does look like she's being controled (badly I might add), and it looks like she just got crushed by Hanks arm, it looks really funny too
#30 Posted by Marshal Victory (692 posts) - - Show Bio

shame they desided not to go pc on this .from reviews i have read the pc version of the 1st one was much better than the consol counterparts.
#31 Posted by defaultdefaultdefault (16426 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus:
sorry for snapping on you over nothing. that was childish.
i was throwing up for like a day from the flu and my man-PMS was showing.

#32 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

looks a lot more realistic this time around

#33 Posted by pixelized (49086 posts) - - Show Bio
@Power NeXus said:
" Is that going to be available for Wii? "
mhmmm,... and the wii includes Psylocke!
#34 Posted by bigmoneyb (178 posts) - - Show Bio

its so gay you have to  unlock the hulk and thor using codes its real dumb 4 marvel to announce someting like  this a weekb4 the game comes out and on that note what the hell is game crazy lol

#35 Posted by thatoneguy (21 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man said:
" @Anderson: Agent of SMITH said:
"

"
That's not really the case.  If you buy it at Best Buy, you get a CODE to unlock him early.  He'll still be in the game later and unlockable if you buy the game elsewhere.  Other stores have similiar EARLY UNLOCK CODES: Juggernaut at Gamestop and Thor at GameCrazy "
This is actually only part true. Hulk is the unlockable further into the story however, Juggernaut has already been confirmed as a $2 downloadable character. I don't know about Thor though.
#36 Posted by Dark Cell (454 posts) - - Show Bio

Cant wait

#37 Posted by Okrag (21 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n said:
"
Hmmm...In the video he says "as the 24 playable characters"...I'm really hoping there are at least 4 unlockable characters. "
Nope, just 24, well 25 with Juggernaut.
#38 Posted by Hellos (8870 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man said:
"

"
That's not really the case.  If you buy it at Best Buy, you get a CODE to unlock him early.  He'll still be in the game later and unlockable if you buy the game elsewhere.  Other stores have similiar EARLY UNLOCK CODES: Juggernaut at Gamestop and Thor at GameCrazy "
Isn't Juggs a pre order bonus download from Gamestop, and I think Amazon for europe?

Anyways I am getting it, PS3 wii version doesn't really wow me. 
Hulk Thor and Jean you just collect 5 rune for Thor, 5 something Gamma related for Hulk, and Jean 5 crystal things in game, the Bestbuy, yatta yatta stuff is just a code to unlock right from the start. 
I think they plan for people that did not pre order from gamestop for Juggernaut to be 2.99 DLC.
#39 Posted by ComicCrazy (1640 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man said:
"

"

So if I can't preorder it from gamestop or gamecrazy I will still get those characters just later on in the game is that right ?
#40 Posted by Hellos (8870 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicCrazy said:
"@G-Man said:
"

"
So if I can't preorder it from gamestop or gamecrazy I will still get those characters just later on in the game is that right ? "

Juggs I believe will be DLC for 2.99, and Thor you collect 5 rune somethings in the game to unlock.

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

"I bought the game Thursday. I was in wal-mart and it was just sitting there so i grabbed it.. i didnt really get why it was out early... oh yea btw it's pretty badass!....alot better than the first. "

Don't suppose this walmart is anywhere near Massachusetts?  
:-(

#41 Posted by Stormultt (5470 posts) - - Show Bio

im ready ^^
#42 Posted by Blue Star Warrior (12 posts) - - Show Bio

WOW this looks Amazing!!!!!!!

#43 Posted by pixelized (49086 posts) - - Show Bio
@thatoneguy said:
" @G-Man said:
"

"
This is actually only part true. Hulk is the unlockable further into the story however, Juggernaut has already been confirmed as a $2 downloadable character. I don't know about Thor though. "
why would anyone pay for juggernaut??? There's a value menu i would rather hit up.
#44 Posted by Blue Star Warrior (12 posts) - - Show Bio

@FoxxFireArt said:

"I would be with Captain America in the anti-registration side. "

Same Here..:)

#45 Posted by Stormultt (5470 posts) - - Show Bio
@Blue Star Warrior said:
"

@FoxxFireArt said:

"I would be with Captain America in the anti-registration side. "

Same Here..:)

"

YEP!
#46 Posted by Aronmorales (9726 posts) - - Show Bio

I want this so bad...

To HELL with stupid console/term exclusives!

#47 Posted by TelekineticSun (359 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll most likeley buy this on thursday. It looks like its going to be a fun game.
#48 Posted by kaorumonster (33 posts) - - Show Bio

Will there be less X-Men since they didn't play a big role in Civil War? 

They should make a Young Avengers/Runaways game.

#49 Posted by cadaver (174 posts) - - Show Bio

is there any news about a PC release? I don't want to buy a ps3 to only play this game and have it come out on PC in a couple of months...

#50 Posted by Namor1987 (2096 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man said:
"

"

post the codes here  please 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.