Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Marvel Toy Fare Madness

No_name_here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By No_name_here

So much news and so many toy announcements have come out of Toy Fair that, even with the articles I’ve already done about it, I think I’d need five extra heads and three more sets of arms to even begin to cover it all. It feels like some galactic explosion and we’re just starting to sort through the meteorites.

Thankfully, Marvel just made it a lot easier by putting out an extensive photo gallery of all their products from the show.   Once again, there’s too much to cover except choice highlights here, but if you want to dive down into the photographic deep end, by all means, go to the source.

No Caption Provided

A series of IRON MAN-themed bobble heads. Two things stick out to me here.  First, while it’s obvious that Ghost isn’t a part of the movie, I think that of all of Shellhead’s rogues gallery, he’d be the easiest to integrate into their more-plausible espionage world.  The guy’s anti-capitalist scheme is timeless, his intangible MO is a bit easier to swallow than 10 Magic Rings and his new redesign fits right in with the production design of the movies. Also, this bobble head nailed down what I suspected for a while - - Mickey Rourke as Whiplash looks a lot like Aerosmith’s Joe Perry. Especially with the gray highlights? C'mon...

No Caption Provided

I’m not a gambling man. I’m horrible at games of chance. Somehow, I even suck at Old Maid. But if I ever were to make a bet, I’d wager on these figures being a big visual hint of what movie Thor and movie Captain America are going to look like. Marvel’s been pooling their efforts a bit, feeding material straight from the comics into the movies. So, if you recall, Marvel made a big deal about the Adi Granov redesign of IRON MAN and, sure enough, that redesign ended up being the basis for movie Iron Man. So I wouldn’t say it’s too much of a long shot to suggest that these redesigns, by Olivier Coipel and Bryan Hitch, respectively, are going to be similarly employed.

No Caption Provided
    If you know me long enough, you’ll know that I will beat a dead horse into the ground. I’ll keep insisting that Marvel make dietary supplements to fit into the Captain America movie until I’m blue in the face. So I’m absolutely tickled that Marvel’s license an Iron-Man-themed Operation. It fits so perfectly! Of course they’ve got the heart, but I’ve got to admire the toy makers for resisting the urge to focus on Tony’s liver.  That took some serious will.

Go on and check out the rest of the photo gallery, oh toyetic Comic Vine community. Follow in my foot steps and post your own commentary!

-- Tom Pinchuk is the writer of UNIMAGINABLE for Arcana Comics and HYBRID BASTARDS! for Archaia Comics.   Watch out for the HYBRID BASTARDS! hardcover collection this March - - available for pre-order now on Amazon.com.

crazed_h3ro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By crazed_h3ro

This is freaking Awesome.I really want that War Machine bubble head,that is awesome

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

OMG i want that thor and cap figure.. and if thats what they will look like on the movies then thats even more awesome!!!!!...

but i have a feeling they will go with ultimate thors look... without the cape and helmet..that will be kind of.....disapointing.

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Decept-O

Bobble heads scare me.  The Whiplash bobble head is freakish, and the face looks about 45 years younger than Rourke does.   

The Thor, Cap and IM statues are sweet.  Whoa.   

LMAO @ Operation Iron Man.  Oooohhhh,,,,,Kkkkkaaayyyy......  Your comment, yup, it had to be said.      

Here's my tag line for that game:   "If you let your hand quiver, you'll ruin Tony's liver."  Wait a tick, he already did that to himself.........
    FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By FoxxFireArt

I really like the Iron Man Operation game. I do wish they had kept the liver in there. They did do an alcohol abuse joke in that Ultimate Alliance game.Cap made a comment about Tony being drunk on power.

Fleonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Fleonix

I like the Thor figure the best.......... but Iron Man and Captain America are sweeeeeeeeeeeeet.

skaarason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By skaarason

why did they stop making marvel legends ? 

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skaarason: 
    a long time ago.  they replaced the line with Marvel Universe.
    the ex-sculpture from the Toy Biz ones keeps making them however 
    in the form of Marvel Select.

personally i think Marvels biggest reveal was the Marvel Universe Iron Patriot figure.
    that one is going to catch the eyes of collectors.

simsey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By simsey

sum kewl pieces there
    Avatar image for they_killed_cap_
    They Killed Cap!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By They Killed Cap!

I like the cap statue.

Avatar image for heroic_warrior76
    heroic_warrior76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By heroic_warrior76

Those Iron Man 2 items and toys are awesome but I've already selected my targets.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.