Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Marvel Television Announces More Shows Including Cloak & Dagger and Mockingbird

• 105 results
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
    No Caption Provided

Where are all the superhero and comic book related television shows? We know Hollywood still has interest in bring characters to the big screen with The Avengers, The Dark Knight Rises and Man of Steel (which has been pushed back to June 2013, by the way).

When Disney purchased Marvel, that opened the door for ABC to produce superhero TV shows. Marvel previously announced that Hulk and A.K.A. Jessica Jones were in development for ABC but there hasn't been much in terms of an update.

According to io9, it turns out that a couple more shows on being worked on. Cloak & Dagger had a brief mention before but now is moving forward. We also have confirmation of a Mockingbird show...for ABC Family. All four are in development which explains why there is no sign of any on ABC's Fall schedule.

== TEASER ==
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Hulk is to bring us back to Bruce Banner's younger days before his identity was public knowledge. There will also be a focus on Bruce and Betty's love story while Bruce is dealing with the threat of the uncontrollable beast inside. A.K.A. Jessica Jones sounds to be reminiscent to the Alias series with Luke Cage and Carol Danvers (Ms. Marvel) as supporting characters. Cloak & Dagger will have the two in a post-Katrina New Orleans. Mockingbird will focus on the story of Bobbi Morse, a science major in Silicon Valley recruited by a top spy agency. Jeph Loeb referred to it as "Alias meets Felicity."

On the animated side, Ultimate Spider-Man is still set for 2012 and have J.K. Simmons back as J. Jonah Jameson and Clark Gregg as Agent Coulson. An animated series was announced for Joss Whedon and John Cassaday's Astonishing X-Men (with Cassaday as a creative consultant). There will be also be a Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. series involving Paul Dini and will feature Hulk, Red Hulk, Scar, A-Bomb and She-Hulk.

Now we only have to wait for these shows to be completed so we can get our superhero television fix.

Man of Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Man of Lengend

just want more avengers cartoon honestly 

DefaultProphet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By DefaultProphet

I really want AKA Jessica Jones to be good.

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#3  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

we'll see if any of these are good...

Cafeterialoca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Cafeterialoca

It's nice that they're giving their female characters show to star on.  Mockingibird has me VERY happy.
    But I don't know about quality.

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#5  Edited By Decept-O

"Alias meets Felicity". Yeah, sign me up. *sarcasm* OK, I am hating already but why can't they just produce a blasted comic based TV show that isn't overtly soap opera? I will have to reserve my judgment though, and hope for the best. Just glad our comic characters are getting some screen time. However I hope that doesn't mean the screen time will be wasted time. Fingers crossed.

Feliciano2040

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6  Edited By Feliciano2040

I'm surprised Marvel is even thinking of doing something unrelated to The Avengers.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Might be good,but we'll just have to wait and see I suppose.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Bestostero

Very surprised by the choices made

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AlKusanagi

All for more Marvel shows, but Cloak & Dagger and Mockingbird would be waaaaaaaay down on my list of choices.

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#10  Edited By ImperiousRix

Jessica Jones sounds super interesting, and Cloak and Dagger has potential to be good, but I'm not sure that regardless of the quality of any of these, they'll find an audience. 
    Mockingbird is the one that sticks out.  She JUST had her own series with Marvel that got cancelled because it wasn't selling.  I'm not sure her popularity will increase in a TV show format.

Yumulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Yumulu

Wonder how they'll be able to make Cloak & Dagger fit on ABC Family.

darkcloakx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By darkcloakx

i will watch all shows except mockingbird she no th that interesting of a character to me .

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By Gambit1024

Why, of all characters, do you you give Mockingbird a show? 

Black Widow, Spider-Woman, She-Hulk, Ms. Marvel, these are women characters you give a whole show to. Not Mockingbird, a C-lister at best. 

Avatar image for sleepinglionheart
    SleepingLionHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im still a strong believer that marvels needs to do more straight to dvd like like planet hulk. that was awesome  and dc is cranking those out like every other month.   than they can hop on the band wagon of raking in special edition boxsets and what not    but id defiently watch these shows. Avengers EMH is a good show its obviously aimed at younglings but still watchable   still cant compare to the xmen/spiderman/iron man/silver surfer/fantastic four series     black panther came close haha

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15  Edited By longbowhunter

Hope to see a Jim McCann written episode of Mockingbird.
    BoOMbOoMpOw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BoOMbOoMpOw

So excited for Cloak and Dagger series :D I hope they don`t mess them up .

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#17  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Okay, Spider-Man makes sense and I can understand a Hulk cartoon plus I'm excited that Red Hulk will appear along with She-Hulk. But all the others seem so random. I'd rather see a Captain America cartoon set in WWII showing us the untold stories we didn't see in the movie or something along those lines, they have a supporting cast from the movie already and they could introduce other Cap villains like Master Man and Zemo as well. But instead we get Mockingbird? Seriously? O_o But hey, at least we're getting a new X-Men series, not like they haven't had plenty of cartoons.... <_<

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#18  Edited By Mercy_

salkdfnj;lksad;lsadjfa ASTONISHING X-MEN CARTOON. OH MY GOD MY LIFE IS COMPLETE. 

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By iLLituracy

...Well, Marvel is kind of stepping out of the box when it comes to decisions for television shows.

GBrutality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By GBrutality

live action hero shows never translate well for me, so i am more than likely going to pass on just about all of those. i hope the x-men one is good and if it is doesn't get canceled after one damn season. as for the animated spider-man; it is the principle reason why i knew disney buying marvel would be bad. they canceled the good spider-man show and now are replacing it with an overly childish show by the sounds of it (which fail after three years maximum). breaking the fourth wall? super cameos? something about a toaster? spider-ham? no one ever liked spider-ham, i never even read anything and i can tell you it's not good. maybe it'll somehow be amazing, i have no idea, but i sincerely doubt it. disney hasn't made an even remotely tolerable animated show in a decade. and now that their hands are in this.. here's to hoping.

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#21  Edited By No_Name_

@Gambit1024 said:

Why, of all characters, do you you give Mockingbird a show? Black Widow, Spider-Woman, She-Hulk, Ms. Marvel, these are women characters you give a whole show to. Not Mockingbird, a C-lister at best.

I kind of agree with this. I mean, Mockingbird may not be a "C lister" but I certainly think there are better candidates for a television series. I would say Ms. Marvel before Mockingbird! :)

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#22  Edited By The Impersonator

Oh man. I'm definitely looking forward to the Astonishing X-Men animated series. I have watched the X-Men anime and it was great. Can't wait for more X-action.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By pixelized

Can Cloak and Dagger have a lasting ongoing first?

Mockingbird? I'd rather Rihanna play Jean Grey in the next film.

CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By CellphoneGirl

Astonishing X-Men? O_o and Cloak and Dagger? O_o OMFG yes! :D Finally :D

I could now die happy :]

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Mercy_
    @iLLituracy said:
    ...Well, Marvel is kind of stepping out of the box when it comes to decisions for television shows.
    ASTONISHING X-MEN.  Are you not excited?
    FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By FearTheLiving
    @Man of Lengend said:
    just want more avengers cartoon honestly 
    This..if this screws with the Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes I'll be pissed. Looking forward to the Mockingbird show though.
    Blizaga101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#27  Edited By Blizaga101

All these sound amazing, cant wait for a cloak and dagger cartoon or programme, they are my faveourite crime fighting duo :D
    Avatar image for artisticneedham
    ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ArtisticNeedham

I thought I read that Hulk was a team up cartoon show, about Hulk (in Brave and Bold style) teaming up with various characters like Red Hulk or A-Bomb, or whatever.  Still sounds good.  Will that be connected or interfere with the Avengers cartoon?  (or is this a live action show?)

More cartoons!

shawn87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 602

User Lists: 11

#29  Edited By shawn87

A Mockingbird show comes as a surprise. I like her a lot but she's not the most popular Marvel female. I wouldn't be surprised if the show doesn't do well but I hope it does. She deserves more exposure. The Cloak & Dagger show sounds cool as well.  

Personally I want a live action show more than an animated one but I'll settle for whatever as long as its good

Wattup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Wattup

It would be nice to see a superhero show that is NOT on one of the major networks. ABC, NBC, CBS and FOX are so limited in terms of the content they can show, you know that any show will probably pale in comparison to whatever's on Showtime, HBO or AMC.  Seriously, how awesome would a Jessica Jones show based on the Alias series be if it was on AMC?

That being said, it'll be interesting how Powers does on FX.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Gambit1024
    @Babs said:

@Gambit1024 said:

Why, of all characters, do you you give Mockingbird a show? Black Widow, Spider-Woman, She-Hulk, Ms. Marvel, these are women characters you give a whole show to. Not Mockingbird, a C-lister at best.

I kind of agree with this. I mean, Mockingbird may not be a "C lister" but I certainly think there are better candidates for a television series. I would say Ms. Marvel before Mockingbird! :)

I personally say put Black Widow on the spotlight. She's like your modern day female equivalent to James Bond and would definitely carry a show for a good couple of seasons. I say Mockingbird goes for a season maybe two at best before its canned. Ms. Marvel would be epic, and I'm glad that she'll be involved in the Jessica Jones show (well... Carol Danvers will be anyway)
    iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By iLLituracy
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    @iLLituracy said:
    As a comic book fan I know it won't live up to the book and bitch about it for the rest of my life.
    Moncole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Moncole

I want them to continue Wolverine and the X-men 

such an awesome show

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Mercy_
    @moncole: YES! 

@iLLituracy said:
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    @iLLituracy said:
    As a comic book fan I know it won't live up to the book and bitch about it for the rest of my life.
    ............killjoy
    iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By iLLituracy
    @The Dark Huntress: Yup. That's me. (:
    Sobe Cin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Sobe Cin
    @Gambit1024

because of all the female characters that you listed off, Mockingbird is easiest to translate for a television series- less special effects. 

As for Cloak and Dagger- why they hell are they in New Orleans- they're from New York. Oh well.
    Sobe Cin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Sobe Cin
    @Babs

Why is everyone mocking the Mockingbird- it'll be a good fit for tv, seriously. Besides the idea of Alias meets Felicity (both made by JJ Abrams no less) Maybe they can get Abrams to back the story as well.  Besides we can get people like Hawkeye, Trick Shot- characters galore form the Avengers West Coast storyline- we can deal with some psycho who thinks they're the phantom rider. The possibilities are endless. This is one I am looking forward too. 

The one with Jessica Jones would be cool too. But they could combine both Jessica Jones and Mockingbird into one series. Sort of a Heroes for Hire schtick or an odd couple schtick. Two leading females, Luke Cage on TV. It would be awesome. Plus then we can have Purple Man. 

Come What do you think?
    Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#38  Edited By Kairan1979

Mockingbird without Hawkeye makes no sense. She is not that popular.

budromook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By budromook

Can anyone tell me who is making the media decisions for animated and live shows, is it Marvel or Disney.

Avatar image for polysyllabic_blah
    Polysyllabic_Blah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ABC Family? Pass.

ShadowX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ShadowX

I think the characters they pick make sense. yeah there not extremely well known besides the Hulk, but I think they could fit more into  the live action Tv show format then some other marvel characters.
    KRYPTON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#42  Edited By KRYPTON

Cool

Namor1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Namor1987

Good job Marvel on focusin on introducing B & C listers into mainstream
    GTG12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By GTG12
    @Man of Lengend

I agree I want more of the avenger cartoon.
    Avatar image for spider_man_2996
    spider-man 2996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#45  Edited By spider-man 2996
    @longbowhunter said:
    Hope to see a Jim McCann written episode of Mockingbird.

Same here and I can't wait for this series!!
    Baddamdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#46  Edited By Baddamdog

OMFG FKJSANFKNASKJFBSAKJFNASKFJBNSDLKFMNDKJFNSDNF  BEST NEWS OUT OF SDCC!!! 

I FEEL TO CRY

labarith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By labarith
    Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. sounds like the worst thing I could ever imagine. 

Would it have been so hard to title it "Incredible Hulks"?  I mean, really?
    Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Shadowdoggy

Cloak and Dagger could be awesome, if done right 
    and Mockingbird should, by all rights, be amazing
    Coldcrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Coldcrush

Aww I was hoping these were animated. I really like mockingbird and cloak and dagger.  These would be awesome cartoons or animated movies.  I liked the spectacular spiderman (after a little warming up to) so I'm excited about the  new one. I really want the avengers cartoon to live long especially if visions in it, but to be  honest I'm more excited about the future dc cartoons.
    GrimoireMyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By GrimoireMyst

As long as Red She-Hulk isn't in the picture I like the idea of a new Hulk animated series. I hope the writers also know that The Hulk isn't just a 2 dimensional character anymore so I don't want to see any more "Eat Green" crap. lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.