Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Marvel Teases AVENGERS VS. X-MEN for Summer 2015

• 54 results
    micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By micah007123

@micah: if you say that hero vs hero is better than hero vs villain then no point villain to exist anymore...marvel need to utilise their villain. They have great rogues gallery and great villains, so they should use them

And they do utilize their villains. I'm just saying it's alot more interesting to see Captain America and Iron Man face off in a battle of ideas and trust and see a rivalry between the two evolve, rather than to see Cap punch out Red Skull for the 100th time or Iron Man blast Mandarin into oblivion for the 100th time.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52  Edited By Boynerdgeek

@micah: Your arguement is not solid. Just because hero vs villain have fought many times that doesn't mean it is boring. Besides if you live in real world where superhero exist and they fight each other, then technically superhero is not call hero anymore because they cause all kind of destruction and how many people will die due to "superhero fight each other". Again this idea of superhero vs superhero makes superhero less special, makes superhero become a jerk and most important is that superhero should inspire people to be good and act heroic, not fight each other and be a jerk. well... I guess you find Iron Man and Iron Man villains is boring and not interesting so that is why you prefer they make Captain America fight Iron Man right ?

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By micah007123

@micah: Your arguement is not solid. Just because hero vs villain have fought many times that doesn't mean it is boring. Besides if you live in real world where superhero exist and they fight each other, then technically superhero is not call hero anymore because they cause all kind of destruction and how many people will die due to "superhero fight each other". Again this idea of superhero vs superhero makes superhero less special, makes superhero become a jerk and most important is that superhero should inspire people to be good and act heroic, not fight each other and be a jerk. well... I guess you find Iron Man and Iron Man villains is boring and not interesting so that is why you prefer they make Captain America fight Iron Man right ?

My argument is pretty solid. There is only so much you can do with hero vs villain usually how it goes down is villain is represented as entirely evil, hero is a white light goodness. And I'ts been like this for years, you can bring in anti-heroes, but even then in the end are just represented as the bad guys of the story. That's why I didn't like Forever Evil or this version of the Crime Syndicate. They were simplistically represented as pure evil, with all the standard tropes and stereotypes that come with it which screams simplistic story telling. And your entirely right, I like alot of stories that try to show superheroes in a more realistic light, since I can relate to them more and there are more stories to be told if your hero is not 100% good guy. Superheroes should inspire people and act heroic, but they should be realistic also. No one wants to hear Superman preach about "truth, justice and the american way"" when there is an unstoppable god monster trying to wipe out all life and kill Lois Lane in front of him. That's my whole point standard good guy vs bad guy is constricting, and chokes off tons of other ideas. And it makes characters like Superman look stupid and selfish when they won't do what needs to be done to protect the world they pledged their lives to protecting. I'm not saying any character should be a straight up murderer, but hopefully you get my point. Man of Steel represented this perfectly to me, even after all the destruction, chaos, and death Superman still stood strong as a sentinel of justice and something that the human race can look to as they begin to rebuild. And yes he killed Zod but people are acting like he did it with a smile, he broke down and cried after he did it and when there was no other option left, and it will haunt him forever. Plus it's not the first time Superman has killed. No one likes the standard good guy vs bad guy as much as they used to. People have evolved and now want deeper characters, which is why people like Marvel alot. The whole concept of a perfect world is overdone and too simple in my opinion. If you grew up back in the old days and still want those types of stories they good for you. But for me I prefer my stories to have more substance. And I do find Captain America, and Iron Man's rouges gallery interesting. But Iron Man has proved to be a far better adversary to Captain America than Red Skull could ever be.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2012's AVENGERS VS. X-MEN was the last event I wasted my money on. Marvel seems to be so caught up in political correctness, so scared about tackling in depth quality stories, that all they can come up with is an over saturation of heroes fighting heroes.

It's like Marvel's version of a WWF slugfest in comic book form. Super heroes should be fighting villains. Heroes fighting heroes should be the exception, not the norm.

Good writers should sometimes also be able to engage the reader through social issues or current worldwide affairs by allowing their heroes to explore those avenues in an unbiased, entertaining and thought provoking way. A little bit of realism in fictional super hero escapism can make for a better memorable story.

deadcool_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

All these re-do of events better lead up to something good.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.