Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Marvel Properties that would be awesome as Disney animated feature films.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 48

Edited By Black_Claw

Hello viners! After a bit of a hiatus on my part, I'm back and I'm here with a new blog post. And this post is something that's been on my mind ever since Big Hero 6 came out. As many a Disney fan may already know, Big Hero 6 is now Disney’s third highest grossing film worldwide behind The Lion King and Frozen. And what’s even greater is that Genesis Rodriguez (voice of Honey Lemon) has said in an interview that the higher ups over at Disney are apparently in talks to greenlight a sequel.

But as eager as I am to see everyone’s favorite band of nerds back on the big screen, I was thinking about something. Since Big Hero 6 was based off of a Marvel property, why stop there? There are plenty of marvel properties that Disney could adapt into animated features, heck if they play their cards right they could easily have a Marvel Animated Universe on their hands! Which is why today I decided to make a list of the top 4 Marvel Comics that would be amazing to see as animated films made by Walt Disney Animation studios. Note: Now keep in mind that for this list I’m going with some lesser known Marvel properties, so don’t expect to see any big names like Ghost Rider or Namor.

4. Moon Boy and Devil Dinosaur

No Caption Provided

The premise of this comic is about a small hairy humanoid creatured befriending a red T-Rex as the go out and have various adventures as they wander throughout time. Personally I think that this series could be pretty intresting as a movie but I think what hurts MB & DD’s chances of appearing on the big screen is that Pixar is coming out with their own Dinosaur flick called “The Good Dinosaur” which has, what else? A boy teaming up with a Dinosaur. But hey, I’m sure they could find a way to make a film of this property stand out from all the other “Boy and his X” movies we have out there.

3. The Saga of Crystar

No Caption Provided

Ah, The Saga of Crystar. The premise of this comic is about a demon lord that sends his armies to conquer the kingdom of Crystallium. Thus his actions tear two brothers named Crystar and Moltar apart as they now lead both of their armies in an epic clash between order and chaos. Now previous Disney flicks such as Lilo and Stitch, Frozen, and Big Hero 6 showcased the strong bond between sibilings but Crystar could go in a different direction by showing siblings as each others arch enemies, which would be unique for a Disney film and would really help raise the drama. By the way, am I the only one who’s getting some He-Man vibes by looking at that cover?

2. Kid Colt/Rawhide Kid

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

I know I’m cheating a bit here because these are two different characters, but I had a hard time choosing between these two guys so I decided to give the number two spot to both of them. Both Kid Colt and Rawhide Kid are two of Marvel’s most prominent western heroes so if Disney decide to make a movie about one or the other, I think it would make for a pretty fun horse riding, gun sliging, and bandit battling adventure. That and I’d love for Disney to show the western genre some more love, especially since the last time WDAS attempted to do a western was….

No Caption Provided

Yeaaaaaaah, moving on.

1. Power Pack

No Caption Provided

Now Power Pack is a property that is being considered to be brought to the big screen according to the guys over at Marvel Studios. However, I personally think Power Pack would be best suited for animation.The premise of Power Pack tells the story of four young siblings who gain superpowers from a dying alien and now have to stop an evil alien race called the snarks from attacking the earth. Guys come one, four adaorable little kids that gain superpowers and fight aliens? This practically has Disney written all over it! However, while the concept of a superhero family has pretty much already been done by The Incredibles all Power Pack needs is a strong storyline by the filmmakers and it can have an identity of it’s own just fine.

So would like to see any of these comic series receive the Disney magic? Do you have any ideas of what marvel properties could work as animated films by the mouse house? Feel free to respond and let me know.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 48

Anyone?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.