Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Marvel President Kevin Feige Talks "Avengers" Movie Cast

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

Edited By No_Name_

More Marvel Movie News!

No Caption Provided
    I know it may be in the back of everybody's mind, (even though the film is not set to be released for at least another three years,) who will be cast in the upcoming Avengers movie? While it is three years away at this point, it is still certainly fun to speculate; especially when the person speculating is the head of Marvel studios and we get to listen.

If you were one of the people that stayed until the very end of last year's summer blockbuster "Iron Man," then you may have
    No Caption Provided
    caught that cool scene where Samuel L. Jackson meets Downey Jr's. "Tony Stark" and introduces himself as "Agent Nick Fury," the head of "S.H.I.E.L.D." It came to no surprise when word got out that Jackson had signed a whopping  nine movie contract with Marvel studios, indicating that he planned to play Agent Fury for a long time to come, meaning that Marvel was already on it's way to establishing a franchise of its own.

In the discussion, Feige also responded to the question so many of us were so curious about: will "HULK" be involved in the upcoming "Avengers" film? Feige confirms that the likelihood of seeing Hulk in an upcoming film is very good.

I think so. In the comics, he has.

No Caption Provided
    Regarding whether Scarlett Johanssen will get her own movie spin-off is hard to say. I assume that depending upon her popularity in the upcoming "Iron Man 2" film, we will be see for sure whether or not she would have the capability of carrying her own film.

She's signed on for all of those should we be lucky enough to have an audience that wants to see them.

All of this "Avengers" movie news has me overwhelmingly excited! I simply cannot wait to see "Iron Man 2" to see if it will live up to all of the hype and anticipation! I am looking forward to watching the cast of the upcoming "Avengers" film develop, are you?  

Another thought I had; there have been rumors about re-booting the "Spider-Man" franchise. How do you feel about that? Do you think that by re-booting the franchise they might want to make Spider-Man a new addition to the "Avengers?"
    ARMIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ARMIV

WOW!
    All this movie news...DC needs to step up their game!

The Black Hood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By The Black Hood
    TO ARMIV:

I think DC is doing fine in terms of planning their movies.  I would rather see DC take their time and produce quality movies like Batman Begins or The Dark Knight than have them pump out mediocre films like Spider-man 3, X-men 3, or Wolverine.  While Iron Man and Hulk were both enjoyable movies, I just expect more out of DC.  To me Marvel characters are Superheroes while DC characters are more Iconic.  I used to feel that way about Spider-man... until the Jazz dance scene....
    goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By goldenkey

How can they put him in the Avengers?  Isn't he restricted to Sony.  Then again if D.C. can lose the Superman orgin...........
    e30kdecibal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By e30kdecibal

Avengers movie sounds awesome! And for the Spider-man re-boot i hope they go through with it, I never liked Tobey McGuire as Spider-man, I used to watch the animated series all the time growing up and when I first saw spider-man I thought this is Peter Parker?! They need someone more witty, a little bit buff, and for god sakes someone who has a loud voice, he talks so quietly.

Green ankh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Green ankh

I don't really want to see Jackson go on as Fury. I love Fury and Jackson but i dont like the combo.  

I hope a Spidy reboot isnt the case. Just make more. I dont really care who is Parker.  

DC did a good Batman but Superman Returns was bad.  So i hope they can get it right going forward with GL and Hex.
    Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Nova`Prime`

You can't blame Marvel for SpiderMan 3, XMen 3, Wolverine, or the F4 movies. Those weren't done by Marvel Studios. The ones Marvel did, Iron Man and Hulk were just amazing. Not really counting Punisher Warzone because that was made to be uber violent and was clearly not designed for a sequel. I think what is good for Marvel is that fact they were able to get the majority of the actors signed to multi movie deals.

I am not really worried about Iron Man 2, if you can get past the ridiculous getup Mickey Rourke is wearing. I think the movie that is going to tip the Avengers one way or the other will be Thor.

Adam Michaels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Adam Michaels

Will Spider-Man be "re-booted" by Marvel Studios? Or is it still Columbia/Sony who owns the film rights? If it's Columbia, then I doubt it would be possible for Spidey to make it in the Avengers films. I think it would take a lot of contracts and money being thrown around for that first. But I wouldn't want Spidey "re-booted". I could go for refreshed more than reboot. As much as I hate the Spidey film franchise, I wouldn't want them discounting any of the films that happened before. Or the very least, I wouldn't want them retelling the origin and I would be hesitant to see the same villains brought back (but I wouldn't discount that). If Marvel Studios is able to bring us Spider-Man, then I'm ALLLL FOR IT!!!! 

As for the Avengers films, my main question is not if the Hulk will be in it. My question is will it be Edward Norton reprising his role as Bruce Banner? I believe that is the million dollar question in the minds of Marvel fans concerning this character/franchise.
    rasx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By rasx

Since this movie is going to be loosly based on the ultimates, I'm expecting to see all of Millar's Avengers lineup in this film!
    Raia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Raia

Spider-man was fine until Tobey donned the black eye liner and started dancing in that jazz club. And to be honest, I like the way DC has it. In DC movies, they are all in like separate worlds, not having any knowledge of one another. I mean, do you see Batman and Superman in the same film having the same settings that they do in their separate films. It's kind of the same with the Avengers. While it may sound cool and nice to put them all in one film, the HULK would stand out expotentially. I think they're better with their own separate films. And for one, they do not, I repeat, DO NOT need to give The Black Widow her own film. I just think that too many side characters are getting their own film. But whatev, they're gonna do wht they want anyway.
    Green ankh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#10  Edited By Green ankh
    @Raia said:
    "Spider-man was fine until Tobey donned the black eye liner and started dancing in that jazz club. And to be honest, I like the way DC has it. In DC movies, they are all in like separate worlds, not having any knowledge of one another. I mean, do you see Batman and Superman in the same film having the same settings that they do in their separate films. It's kind of the same with the Avengers. While it may sound cool and nice to put them all in one film, the HULK would stand out expotentially. I think they're better with their own separate films. And for one, they do not, I repeat, DO NOT need to give The Black Widow her own film. I just think that too many side characters are getting their own film. But whatev, they're gonna do wht they want anyway. "

@Raia: I agree 100 %
    HaloKing343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

#11  Edited By HaloKing343
    @ARMIV said:
    "WOW! All this movie news...DC needs to step up their game! "

I heard that there were big plans in place for a Justice Leauge movie, but that it would be set outside of the current DC movie continuity. For example, everything that happened in the Batman Begins, Superman Returns, and Dark Knight movies would carry no significance. I heard that they were planning for new actors and new stories. But then I heard that the Justice League movie got canceled. 

I don't know why they canceled it. Perhaps they just realized that they couldn't keep up with Marvel's suddenly booming movie franchise.
    Moomin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12  Edited By Moomin123

I think that this should be the cast for the Avengers movie or a possible sequel. 

Capt. America-Randy Orton (WWE wrestler)
    Iron Man-Robert Downey Jr. 
    Thor-Chris Hemsworth 
    Hulk-Edward Norton 
    Spider-Man-Tobey Maguire 
    Black Widow-Scarlet Johannson
    Wolverine-Hugh Jackman 
    Nick Fury-Samuel L. Jackson 

Red Skull-Seth Macfarlane (in red make up) 
    Mandarin-Jet Li 
    Abomibnation-Tim Roth 
    Loki-Tom Hiddleston 
    Venom-Topher Grace 
    Sabretooth-Liev Schreiber
    Adam Michaels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Adam Michaels
    @Moomin123:
    Topher Grace as Venom and Tobey Maguire as Spider-Man are awful. I LOVE Topher Grace, but he's not right for Eddie Brock/Venom. And I never thought Tobey was right for Parker. Awful portrayal. 

As for Spider-Man, Venom, Wolverine, and Sabretooth, the film rights to these characters are owned by both Fox and Sony and it would be real hard and., not to mention, would take real long for these characters to be used in the Avengers films which is owned by Marvel Studios.  

The other characters are fine to be used, I believe. Some will reprise their roles they've already done. While I personally would disagree with Seth MacFarlane as Red Skull (it is the Family Guy creator you're talking about right?). Jet Li as Mandarin wouldn't fit either unless they want to revamp the character. And I love Matt Damon, his Bourne trilogy made me a big fan, but I don't see him as Cap. I would see him more as Bucky.
    Nisk5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Nisk5
    @ARMIV said:
    No they dont. DC needs to die
    dan1509

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By dan1509
    @Nisk5 said:
    "@ARMIV said:
    No they dont. DC needs to die "

LMAO!!! I take my hat off to you sir! :D
    jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By jefprice
      I don't think they'll do a reboot of SM since they've said unless they (Marvel) buy the rights back they didn't think it would make sense. I haven't heard them say this recently, but they did say it back when talk about SM4 was first breaking out. 

As far as Avengers news is concerned as cool as this is, and it's very, very cool, it's not as big as I was hoping for since both Ed and Scarlet have already said they were planning on it, and Scarlet came out about her contract about 2 weeks ago. It's coming together nicely they did a great job putting the pieces in place for Hulk, SHIELD, Cap,  and Avengers in Iron Man 1, and in Hulk they set up Cap, solidified SHIELD, and got the ball rolling.  

@The Black Hood:
     Iconic? I see that, but I would hardly say that heroes like Captain America and Iron Man aren't iconic. Really the only legends DC has any more are Superman and Batman. Outside of the comic world their other heroes aren't really mainstream. Just ask Walmart who is stuck with backstock they can't move on DC products and wear, while anything Marvel they put on the self sells out in the first few weeks. Vertigo aside, the only good things DC as done in movies in the last  20 years has been Batman Begins and TDK.
    Namor1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By Namor1987
    @Adam Michaels said:
    "@Moomin123: Topher Grace as Venom and Tobey Maguire as Spider-Man are awful. I LOVE Topher Grace, but he's not right for Eddie Brock/Venom. And I never thought Tobey was right for Parker. Awful portrayal.  As for Spider-Man, Venom, Wolverine, and Sabretooth, the film rights to these characters are owned by both Fox and Sony and it would be real hard and., not to mention, would take real long for these characters to be used in the Avengers films which is owned by Marvel Studios.   The other characters are fine to be used, I believe. Some will reprise their roles they've already done. While I personally would disagree with Seth MacFarlane as Red Skull (it is the Family Guy creator you're talking about right?). Jet Li as Mandarin wouldn't fit either unless they want to revamp the character. And I love Matt Damon, his Bourne trilogy made me a big fan, but I don't see him as Cap. I would see him more as Bucky. "

agree
    Ellocobruja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Ellocobruja

Capt. America-Jasen Ackles 
    Iron Man-Robert Downey Jr. 
    Thor-Chris Hemsworth 
    Hulk-Edward Norton 
    Wasp-Eliza Dushku 
    Wifebeater Pym- Chris O'Donell  
    Falcon-Tyrece 

This is Hollywood 
    So you need the  
    The Girl who finds her inner strength (wasp) 
    The Guy who's an ass but dies being heroic (Pym) 
    The Black Guy who's not powerful enough to be intemidating but makes a cool toy. (Falcon) 

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#19  Edited By sora_thekey

A Spider-Man Re-boot... first time I hear that one.... 

That would actually be good.... I mean the movies were good.... but the new Avengers movie franchise with MArvel Studios aren't good they are awesome... so a re-boot of Spidey in an "awesome" way would be good....
    geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By geraldthesloth

No Caption Provided
    Posting this again..
    Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Bruce Vain

You know I wish WBs/DC would get up off their asses and make a layed out plan like this for a JLA movie.

bigmoneyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By bigmoneyb
    @Moomin123 said:
    " I think that this should be the cast for the Avengers movie or a possible sequel.  Capt. America-Matt DamonIron Man-Robert Downey Jr. Thor-Chris Hemsworth Hulk-Edward Norton Spider-Man-Tobey Maguire Black Widow-Scarlet JohannsonWolverine-Hugh Jackman Nick Fury-Samuel L. Jackson  Red Skull-Seth Macfarlane (in red make up) Mandarin-Jet Li Abomibnation-Tim Roth Loki-Tom Hiddleston Venom-Topher Grace Sabretooth-Liev Schreiber "
    lmao matt damon as captain america lol no way
    Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Satyrquaze
    @Moomin123 said:
    "I think that this should be the cast for the Avengers movie or a possible sequel.  Capt. America-Matt DamonIron Man-Robert Downey Jr. Thor-Chris Hemsworth Hulk-Edward Norton Spider-Man-Tobey Maguire Black Widow-Scarlet JohannsonWolverine-Hugh Jackman Nick Fury-Samuel L. Jackson  Red Skull-Seth Macfarlane (in red make up) Mandarin-Jet Li Abomibnation-Tim Roth Loki-Tom Hiddleston Venom-Topher Grace Sabretooth-Liev Schreiber "

Spider-Man and Wolverine should NOT be involved in any movie re-telling the origin of the Avengers. They wern't there, the only reason to add them to the story now would be to make money off of their names and that is not being true to the source material. No one over the age of 15 really associates Spidey or Logan with the Avengers anyway.
    Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Satyrquaze
    @geraldthesloth: 

Wow, like Serenity much?
    NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By NightFang3
    @ARMIV said:

FatCobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By FatCobra

Why oh why is Nick Fury being portrayed by Samuel fucking Jackson? When I think of Nick Fury, I don't picture a black, bald old guy. And he's been signed for 9 films? Who knows how long it will take for him to be replaced. Stupid goddamn ultimates.

Kid_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Kid_Zombie

Where are you getting this spider-man reboot info from? they are in the middle of making spider-man 4 and have just hired a new writer to start penning spider-man 5 and 6. Sony has renewed the rights to spider-man, so im sure we wont see him in a marvel film for years and years to come.

Ya i really hope they put HULK in this film, the only reason why i can see it not happening is because of Ed Norton not returning because he wont be the leading man in the film, and im sure its in his contract if they use Hulk they must cast him.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#28  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I'm really looking forward to this movie, and I believe the writer of the script said that the movie was going to be more based on the Ultimates, so I'm think we're going to see Avengers vs Hulk. But with the Spider-Man reboot, I really wouldn't care, I would like to see more movies and I don't mind seeing someone new under the mask

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Media_Master

I wouldn't be able to stand completely still next to Black Widow if I was Buck Cap

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#30  Edited By FoxxFireArt

I have mixed feelings about this Avengers movie. It's something I'd really like to see, but I'm concerned it will just turn into some wild SFX showcase and have very little story.

Don't you find it odd that they have made Hulk and Iron Man movies, but to date there has been no real word on a Captain America movie.

The Black Hood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By The Black Hood
    @jefprice: I agree that DC really hasn't had much in the way of movies in the last few years; but I disagree that you can't blame Marvel for Spider-man 3, Wolverine, the First Hulk, or X-men 3.  Marvel made the decision to whore out their characters to other studios and it bit them in the ass in some cases.  And I totally agree that Captain America, Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, and Spider-man are major icons;  I guess I just don't find the Avengers to be as impressive as the Justice League; but I know its personal preference.  

My overall point was that I would like to see DC take a slow, quality approach to their movies rather than pumping out 2-3 a year like what Marvel seems to have planned.  You end up with X-men 3 which had a body count almost as obnoxious as Ultimatum;  I mean they frickin' killed Cyclops off camera and disintigrated Psylocke without ever even calling her by name.
    Dr. Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Dr. Chaos

I think a Spider Man Reboot is just REATARDED! Just because one movie was bad doesn't mean that they some how can't recover. It just doesn't make since. They have a good cast and we've had that cast since I don't know like 2002. And their already pretty well known by every body who has seen the movies. And yes I would love to see a AVENGERS movie.

SuperXAsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#33  Edited By SuperXAsh

I'm quite happy with the direction Marvel's going, would like to see DC (well... Warner Brothers) pick up the pace, (though that's a rant for another day) but don't really know if a Spider-Man re-boot is in order. Granted they seem to be tapping the Sam Raimi-well till it's dry, but I'd like to think that Spider-Man 3 (which wasn't BAD, though not as well crafted as the first two) maybe taught everyone involved a lesson, and would like to see them try and get back on track with #4. It's not like it was pulled into Schumacher territory or anything, so it's not in danger just yet. 

I also think they should keep Spidey solo, not have him joining the Avengers. Though I'm not above a possible crossover picture. 
    Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Dr. Chaos said:
    " I think a Spider Man Reboot is just REATARDED! Just because one movie was bad doesn't mean that they some how can't recover. It just doesn't make since. They have a good cast and we've had that cast since I don't know like 2002. And their already pretty well known by every body who has seen the movies. And yes I would love to see a AVENGERS movie. "
    that and the "bad" notion is overblown. the 3rd movie failed in some good ways, so the whole franchise was mocked. when the first hit it was well received and the second hugely so and the critics hailed it.
    Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Hellos
    @Bruce Vain said:
    "

You know I wish WBs/DC would get up off their asses and make a layed out plan like this for a JLA movie.

"

I wouldn't plan on it for a long time to come :P 
    Pretty much mooching off Bats atm, though I have high hopes for the GL film :P
    jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By jefprice
    @Hellos: As do I, Bats and GL are my only real DC loves.
    jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By jefprice
    @The Black Hood:   said: 

@jefprice: I agree that DC really hasn't had much in the way of movies in the last few years; but I disagree that you can't blame Marvel for Spider-man 3, Wolverine, the First Hulk, or X-men 3.  Marvel made the decision to whore out their characters to other studios and it bit them in the ass in some cases.  And I totally agree that Captain America, Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, and Spider-man are major icons;  I guess I just don't find the Avengers to be as impressive as the Justice League; but I know its personal preference.    My overall point was that I would like to see DC take a slow, quality approach to their movies rather than pumping out 2-3 a year like what Marvel seems to have planned.  You end up with X-men 3 which had a body count almost as obnoxious as Ultimatum;  I mean they frickin' killed Cyclops off camera and disintigrated Psylocke without ever even calling her by name. "

Hmmmm Well I'm going to try and not start a fight while at the same time addressing as much of this as should be touched on... 

First let me say I don't blame Marvel for trying to make movies, some people have enjoyed the ones you listed and some haven't, but no one can deny they brought new readers in. I don't blame them for everything, studios, directors,writers....they're just as much, most times more so at fault.  

However I see what you're saying and will address DC in a moment. Over all I've liked most of what Marvel has done in the film area and I'm going into my 20th year as a reader. I've read thousands of books, I enjoy taking the movies at what they are, new takes on stories that have been going on for over 70 years. I also enjoy supporting this group, reasoning follows soon...

Now as to Marvel as you crudely put it  "Whore out"  I would assume you mean going after profit in trade for the fans and their integrity.  Which would be the definition of sorts in the way you used the term.

Now for two stories from the very pages of history... 

At one point a well know and iconic comic publisher decided to sell themselves to Time Warner/Warner Bros/AOL and to become part of a subsidiary corporate network giants along with New Line Cinema, Time Inc, HBO, Turner, CW, WB.com,WB Ent, KWB, CW4K, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and others, and this comic publisher is about to be Co-Owned by Terra Firma Capital which is a European Privite Equity Firm and merged with the EMI Group. Who would be this wonderfully iconic formally American Comic Publisher? DC Comics.  

Now for another iconic comic publisher... 

Bankruptcy is on the horizon hard choices need to be made, but they pull themselves through and reserve this day ownership of all products, they don't sell out, they are to this day American, they are ranked in the top 10 selling magazines for almost 10 years, a spot DC has been completely  absent from, and on top of this they place in the top 3 selling magazines  in 2005 behind only Playboy and Sports Illustrated and are ranked 5 spots higher then Rolling Stone in world wide sales. The Iconic American Comic Publisher? Marvel Comics. Who to this day, 70 years later is still owned by Marvel Comics. To me and to over 60% of the comic market, this is the  essence of iconic.  
    BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#38  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy
    @The Black Hood said:
    " TO ARMIV:   I think DC is doing fine in terms of planning their movies.  I would rather see DC take their time and produce quality movies like Batman Begins or The Dark Knight than have them pump out mediocre films like Spider-man 3, X-men 3, or Wolverine.  While Iron Man and Hulk were both enjoyable movies, I just expect more out of DC.  To me Marvel characters are Superheroes while DC characters are more Iconic.  I used to feel that way about Spider-man... until the Jazz dance scene.... "
    Marvels film studio had nothing to do with spiderman3, x-men3, and wolverine. it was all FOX. that i why they sucked. marvel studios had somethin to do with incredible hulk and iron man, thats why they are good.
    grimreaper1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By grimreaper1980

who do you guys think would make a good spider-man, i think a very young actor would be good, like michael cera

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.