Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Marvel Online Comics

lazyturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By lazyturtle

Does anyone here use this service? If so let me know how you've liked it (in terms of readability and selection). I love the concept..is it worth the money?

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#2  Edited By xerox_kitty

I know some people on here have paid for the service, because they discussed titles that hadn't been released yet (since they were available online beforehand). 

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By DanialCarroll

I have a year's subscription and I love it. The "newest" titles are about 6 months old, but there are 1000's of older ones to read, so I don't really mind :)

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4  Edited By InnerVenom123

I had it. Tried to pay for re-subscribing.... my money was taken, but I can't access the stuff. WTF?!
    Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

I love it but it lacks a lot of the obscure stuff I often want to read. Sometimes I wish I just liked the X-Men and Spider-Man.

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DanialCarroll

Also, they can skip issues. I've recently been reading Moon Knight, and they were missing issue #12 and #20 for some reason...

lazyturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By lazyturtle
    @Danial79: Well thats annoying. I love the idea of being able to sit down and read an entire series. Recently I found that my public library had the entire Ultimate Spiderman and I really liked reading it from start to finish. 

Maybe I'll try a month and see how it goes. It looks like theres lots of stuff to check out.
    DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DanialCarroll
    @lazyturtle: That's not the always the case, I should add. Most story arcs are complete. Planet Hulk, for instance, ran over 17 issues, and only one of those was missing, so I didn't feel it was necessary to buy the trade just to catch up on that single one...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.