Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Marvel Now?

freeballer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By freeballer

I got back into comics a few months back, but lately I haven't kept up,

so I'm browsing through cv and it seems to me there's just too many events going on in the marvel universe...

I haven't gotten through schism, and already there is A vs. X, Marvel Now!

Anybody else a little underwelmed by so many "big events in the marvel universe"? And I the only one out there who

thinks its a bit much?

Ok... Now onto my main question; Are any of the "Now!" titles remakes, or starting points (to start reading)?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
    deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

Marvel NOW! isn't an event, its a relaunch. You aren't alone in your opinion on Marvel events though I personally disagree.

All the new titles a designed to be good starting points.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @freeballer said:

I got back into comics a few months back, but lately I haven't kept up,

so I'm browsing through cv and it seems to me there's just too many events going on in the marvel universe...

I haven't gotten through schism, and already there is A vs. X, Marvel Now!

Anybody else a little underwelmed by so many "big events in the marvel universe"? And I the only one out there who

thinks its a bit much?

Ok... Now onto my main question; Are any of the "Now!" titles remakes, or starting points (to start reading)?

I'm not overwhelmed i'm just getting annoyed now. Events have brought out the worst writing i've seen in years. The lack of character development and high volume of building up suspense for a cop-out is really getting to me at this point.
    freeballer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By freeballer

sorry to be blunt but when I saw the preview of "new" x-men, it seems the cover with the "original team/costumes"

more of a ploy to sell stuff than anything spectacular. And to be clear, spider-man is my all-time hero.. I don't hate marvel.

Personally, I'd love to see the original team/costumes. Sort of like first-class but less "cartooney".

Well if anything I need to read a few issues, tread the waters.. But it seems like there's some strong opinions on both sides of the arguement going on and starting out kind of pesimistic.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Cap10nate

I'm excited for a lot of the Now titles and don't really mind the events. I can't wait for the Age of Ultron which I think will be awesome.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.