Marvel Now?

#1 Posted by freeballer (61 posts) - - Show Bio

I got back into comics a few months back, but lately I haven't kept up,

so I'm browsing through cv and it seems to me there's just too many events going on in the marvel universe...

I haven't gotten through schism, and already there is A vs. X, Marvel Now!

Anybody else a little underwelmed by so many "big events in the marvel universe"? And I the only one out there who

thinks its a bit much?

Ok... Now onto my main question; Are any of the "Now!" titles remakes, or starting points (to start reading)?

#2 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel NOW! isn't an event, its a relaunch. You aren't alone in your opinion on Marvel events though I personally disagree.

All the new titles a designed to be good starting points.

#3 Posted by Vance Astro (91238 posts) - - Show Bio
@freeballer said:

I got back into comics a few months back, but lately I haven't kept up,

so I'm browsing through cv and it seems to me there's just too many events going on in the marvel universe...

I haven't gotten through schism, and already there is A vs. X, Marvel Now!

Anybody else a little underwelmed by so many "big events in the marvel universe"? And I the only one out there who

thinks its a bit much?

Ok... Now onto my main question; Are any of the "Now!" titles remakes, or starting points (to start reading)?

I'm not overwhelmed i'm just getting annoyed now. Events have brought out the worst writing i've seen in years. The lack of character development and high volume of building up suspense for a cop-out is really getting to me at this point.
#4 Edited by freeballer (61 posts) - - Show Bio

sorry to be blunt but when I saw the preview of "new" x-men, it seems the cover with the "original team/costumes"

more of a ploy to sell stuff than anything spectacular. And to be clear, spider-man is my all-time hero.. I don't hate marvel.

Personally, I'd love to see the original team/costumes. Sort of like first-class but less "cartooney".

Well if anything I need to read a few issues, tread the waters.. But it seems like there's some strong opinions on both sides of the arguement going on and starting out kind of pesimistic.

#5 Posted by Cap10nate (2316 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm excited for a lot of the Now titles and don't really mind the events. I can't wait for the Age of Ultron which I think will be awesome.

#6 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually think some of the relaunches could be okay. Thor: God of Thunder got carried over on my pull list and the first two issues were really good.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.