Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Marvel Movies Good or Bad?

• 77 results
    crazy spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By crazy spidey

Post Deleted.

Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By Constantine

a few good i would say there not bad

Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By Spectrum

i think Marvel have sold their soul for corperate gain,

DC for life

Octagon Enigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54  Edited By Octagon Enigma

I would be ecstatic if they made an X-Statix movie (hehe) or even a cartoon, but an Age of Apocalypse movie would kick balls.

Inferno Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Inferno Kid

I say Spider-Man they are good movies

Avatar image for phantom_woodsman
    Phantom Woodsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Phantom Woodsman

THERE ARE ALOT OF HARSH WORDS GOING AROUND ABOUT F4 AND X3, THOSE ARE SOME OF THE BEST ONES! YOU REALLY GOTTA LOOK AT THESE MOVIES FOR WHAT THEY ARE. COMICS MAKE GOOD MOVIES NOT FILMS! IF YOU WANT SOMETHING "GOOD" THEN RENT MILLION DOLLAR BABY OR AMERICAN BEAUTY. NOBODY IS READING COMICS BECAUSE THEY ARE "GOOD" BUT BECAUSE THEY ARE AWESOME, VISUALLY ENTERTAINING AND BECAUSE THE CHARACTERS ARE ALLOWED TO DEVELOP OVER LONG PERIODS OF TIME. SO WHICH ONE OF THOSE REASONS IS GOING TO FIT INTO AN HOUR AND A HALF? YOU KNOW YOU LOVE THEM DEEP DOWN...QUIT HATIN' SPREAD THE LOVE AND ENJOY THEM 'CAUSE THEY'RE JUST GONNA KEEP COMING. I'M PERSONALLY VERY STOKED ON IRON MAN AND WOLVERINE

AND AS FOR DC MOVIES, SUPERMAN WAS VERY DAZZLING BUT...LOVE TRIANGLE? WITH SUPES? AND BATMAN BEGINS WAS VERY AWESOME BUT I ALSO LIKED IT THE FIRST TIME I SAW IT WHEN IT WAS CALLED "THE SHADOW"

MARVEL RULES

Avatar image for the_iron_cavalier
    The Iron Cavalier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil was the best movie ever.

No really, Daredevil is one of my favorite movies. I wish they weren't afraid to go that dark anymore.

Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and Black Panther, among others mentioned here, aren't mainstream enough to be in a movie. Sorry. The public just doesn't know the heroes well enough.
    Post Edited:2007-07-15 22:16:57

Tek Pa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#59  Edited By Tek Pa

Darkchild says:

"i cant wait for Iron man i think Downy fits the character great"

Ironman is going to rock because Marvel is financing this one. When comic book companies make movies, the financers change a lot of the story to make it more sellable. Joe Quesada said at one of the conventions that with Marvel financing Iron Man, it can be done the way they want it to be done.

The Marvel movies are waaaaaay better than they were when they first came out. If your a fan of Marvel, who remembers Dr. Strange the movie? Very painful

Avatar image for the_iron_cavalier
    The Iron Cavalier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Teh_Exploder says:

"i have high hopes for all of them except for Fantastic 4 2 the first one sucked. Im hoping for a Power Man and Iron Fist Movie."

Power Man and Iron Fist would be the best movie ever. I was actually talking about that yesterday.

Loco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#61  Edited By Loco

Spider man three was a let down for the most part very Emo and they really didn't give the Black suite its due

I did like Ghost Rider though considering the complex physical makeup of the charecter they did a pretty good job

Paragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#62  Edited By Paragon

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned the Punisher (the 2004 one). I thought it was one of the better Marvel movies to come out. It managed to remain true to the original story (with a more modern twist), which I thought was the downfall of a bunch of the other films, and there was enough insight into the characters, so that you actually had some feeling for them.

Boken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Boken

punnisher was a good one.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Eternal Chaos

I felt that all the Marvel movies were really good. I just think Spider-Man 3 could've been better.

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Sling Shot

Punisher sucked. Marvel has been hit and miss. As more comes out a lil too much miss. X2 is still their best.

I hope Marvel and the movie studio puts as much effort into future movies as DC did in Batman Begins.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Sling Shot says:

"Punisher sucked. Marvel has been hit and miss. As more comes out a lil too much miss. X2 is still their best. I hope Marvel and the movie studio puts as much effort into future movies as DC did in Batman Begins."

DC's movies suck. Batman could've been better

c40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By c40

ALL MARVEL MOVİES ARE REALLY BAD! i am a fan of marvel comics guys but i just watched all in the movies characters slaughtered in front of me...:( they dont make not enough connections with comic characters...they just adjusted them for movies:( i mean in x3 prof and scott summers was killed by jean grey,ridiculous i say...just another dissappointment for comic fans i think,because i just want to see a character whole:(

c40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By c40

but i want to see a thor movie by marvel,i hope they dont screw up this time...

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#69  Edited By Sparda

Ghost Rider was THE WORST movie I have ever seen. Ever.

Spidey 1&2 and X-Men 1&2 are great movies. Blade 1 was great too. But DC is making a comeback with Batman Begins and V For Vendetta. Then Superman Returns came out. So.......Marvel's winning by a little bit. Can't wait for the new Hulk movie....better not suck....

Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Lantern Prime

Please! DAREDEVIL IS ON PAR WITH THE WORSTS THAT HAVE BEEN MADE!

Avatar image for zevick_the_ender
    Zevick the Ender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Zevick the Ender

i think the comic book movies are a plague to the movie inudstry and i think that they are treason to the comic book industry.

i mean one of the reasons i love reading comics aside from interesting plots and my bad habbits as a daydreamer. is that its cool to find other people who like that comic. its part of this form of media entertainment. and to see it translate onto the screen knowing they can never capture the characters i love..the way i want to remember them.. just ruins the experience for me. and plus i hate all the trendy fanboys it creates.

And as an avid movie watcher. i absolutely despise how over publicised comic book movies are. and how creativity is being lost in a sea of regurgitation.

haha..but in all reality i'm being a hypocrite, because most my favorite movies were once books. I'm sure the people that read them have the same arguements.

so i guess it boils down to

where dah money at hoe!

Avatar image for zevick_the_ender
    Zevick the Ender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Zevick the Ender

and to really contradict myself

here are the comic book movies i liked(not just marvel):

Sin City

V for Vendetta

Spiderman 2

X-men 2

Blade

Batman Begins

Punisher

but in all serousness.

i'm going to kill topher grace

and then i'm going to make a movie about it.

lash hex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By lash hex

i agree with fantastik four i enjoyed the whole story can i ask one question about the first movie when they get by the cosmic ray things is it just me or does it look like sue storm is lke smiling or something?

girth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#74  Edited By girth

After Spider-man 3 I was disapointed. Hopefully, Ironman will make me excited again.

WhatJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By WhatJ

I like the idea of a Ant-Man movie I just hope Hank Pym plays a major role and is not just a side note even if that means making him has Yellowjacket that would be nice.

has far has the other comic movies I liked Batman begins the F4 looked nice but the plot and pace was off Spider Man should have been, what are they thinking how could you ruin a already great storie

well they did, DD man that was bad Punisher was alright but I didnt read his comics so Im not sure if they screwed that up has well..

I do agree they just need to tell the tale its already laid out for them and stop hollywoodising..

WhatJ

LegendaryKYJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By LegendaryKYJ

I don't think the problem is in the casting, I think the problem is the choice of Directors. X Men 1, 2, and that monstrosity 3 are testimonys.

Pink Awesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Pink Awesome

Well as I see it, it entirely depends on the Actors, Director, and screen writers. Sure the actors weren't the best in Spider-Man but the first two were actually quiet good, directing was spot on, and the screen play wasnt bad at all for a comic movie. Same with the first two X-Men as well. Basically Marvel movies just have troubles in thirds, usually the buck is passed on, or the crew working on it are stressed for time and want to work on other projects, who knows. But for the most part the bigger Marvel serials are handled quiet well. Only major hiccups I can think of are X-Men 3, Spider-Man 3, Fantastic Four, and Ghost Rider. I actually though Hulk with Eric Bana was alright, and Fantastic Four 2, wasn't nearly half as horrible as the first one, and for some reason didnt make my stomach churn.

As for upcoming movies, I have a feeling it will be mostly positive, I mean whats coming out so far is an excellent looking Iron Man movie thus far, and yes Robert Downy Jr. seems near perfect for the role, and then we have The Incredible Hulk with Edward Norton soon to follow. I think it will be a pretty good start, but I cant see Hands of Shang-Chi, or Dethlok going over to well, those two movies are my only concerns mostly due to the obscurity to the characters compared to the handful of other characters coming out in the next two years with movies.

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#78  Edited By Pania

Good: X-2, Spider Man 1 & 2, Blade 1. Animated: Iron Man, Dr. Strange, Ultimate Avengers I

Meh: X-1, FF1, Punisher (2004), Hulk (yes, I kind of liked it, I didn't love it, but I kind of liked it), Animated: Ultimate Avengers II.

Sucked: X-3, Spider Man 3, FF2, Ghost Rider, Daredevil, Blade 2 & 3, ELEKTRA!!! (Gawd that as bad!)

Tahdigga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#79  Edited By Tahdigga

Did anybody hear about there being a deleted scene in one of the X-men films showing Storm's origin? If it's true I would love to see that. To see Halle represent the goddess in her homeland would make my day..lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.