Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Marvel Movies Good or Bad?

• 77 results
    Teh_Exploder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Teh_Exploder

i have high hopes for all of them except for Fantastic 4 2 the first one sucked. Im hoping for a Power Man and Iron Fist Movie.

Avatar image for captain_cascader
    Captain Cascader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Captain Cascader

I think robert downey is perfect as iron-man. However I have zero hope for F4. I walked out of the theater during the first one.

Ebony Bishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Ebony Bishop

Teh_Exploder says:

"i have high hopes for all of them except for Fantastic 4 2 the first one sucked. Im hoping for a Power Man and Iron Fist Movie."

Well, they've announced John Singleton is in the process of making a "Luke Cage" movie, which first was said to be starring Jamie Foxx, and now seems to be leaning towards Tyrese Gibson, the model. Ew.

And Ray Park has been announcing his apparent "Iron Fist" movie since before "Ecks vs. Sever", and it's constantly listed on the development schedule at Marvel, but it doesn't seem to be happening fast enough.

As an insane Iron Fist fan, I agree wholeheartedly.

Avatar image for captain_cascader
    Captain Cascader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By Captain Cascader

Wow, John Singleton. That's pretty cool. Though I wasn't too big of a fan of the last one he did with whalberg (four brothers i think?), I'm a huge fan of Boyz n' the Hood and Higher Learning.

Red L.A.M.P.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Red L.A.M.P.

I would rather see Power Man and Iron Fist then Ironman. Those doods are soooo awesome.

valinorbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By valinorbob

I'm still waiting for a Thor movie... they could get the leader guy from 13th Warrior, he'd be perfect.

A GOOD Captain America movie would be welcome too, or an Avengers movie.

Ebony Bishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Ebony Bishop

I think the release date for "Thor" is 2009. They've said that Mark Protosevich is writing it now. He wrote "The Cell" and "Poseidon"

Zak Penn, who wrote "X2", X-Men: The Last Stand" and "Elektra" is writing both the next Hulk movie and the live action "Avengers".

And David Self (he wrote "Road to Perdition" and "13 Days") is writing both a "Deathlok" movie and a "Captain America" movie.

So all your prayers are being answered.

Teh_Exploder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Teh_Exploder

A Deathlok movie! that dosent sould like a box office killer.

Avatar image for mr__exciting___
    Mr. Exciting!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Mr. Exciting!!!

Mr. Exciting!!! angry with Hulk movie. Mr. Exciting SMASH!!! so, we went from a gamma bomb and bruce banner saving someone from the blast to banner being the result of genetic experiementation of his father and then being exposed in a scientific situation. AARRRGGG!!! and how can you butcher the Dark Phenox Saga like that? its insane! you cant kill all those people, well not yet anyway.

Red L.A.M.P.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Red L.A.M.P.

Mr. Exciting!!! says:

"Mr. Exciting!!! angry with Hulk movie. Mr. Exciting SMASH!!! so, we went from a gamma bomb and bruce banner saving someone from the blast to banner being the result of genetic experiementation of his father and then being exposed in a scientific situation. AARRRGGG!!! and how can you butcher the Dark Phenox Saga like that? its insane! you cant kill all those people, well not yet anyway."

No one dies in comics! Prof X and Cyclops are NOT dead. I keep telling G-Man and Captain Cascader this. You can invent any number of reasons and bloop their back!

But yeah, Hulk bad.

valinorbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By valinorbob

Ebony Bishop says:

"I think the release date for "Thor" is 2009. They've said that Mark Protosevich is writing it now. He wrote "The Cell" and "Poseidon"

You're not giving me much hope with that... The Cell was an incredibly horrendous movie, and Poseidon, while decent, wasn't exactly original or blockbuster material. They need a good writer and to have Peter Jackson direct. Then it has a shot at being worthy of Thor.

Post Edited:2006-12-22 01:26:46

Avatar image for shuffles_mcshimmy
    Shuffles McShimmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Count me as one of the rare few who really enjoyed the Fantastic 4 movie. That movie just happened to catch me on a good day where I was able let the bad points slide and just sit there and be entertained.

I don't feel good about the 2nd one though. There is a certain something about a shiny metal guy on a flying surfboard that seems incredibly hard to make it seem not corny or like he should have a bottle of mountain dew in his hand during the entire movie (the whole extreme sports = mountain dew has been permanently ingrained in my brain). Personally I'm still not ready to give the Silver Surfer a chance.

Avatar image for the_sovereign_element
    The Sovereign Element

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Shuffles McShimmy says:

"Count me as one of the rare few who really enjoyed the Fantastic 4 movie. That movie just happened to catch me on a good day where I was able let the bad points slide and just sit there and be entertained.

I fell the same. The first one was very cheezy but it was still fun. I expect more maturity and depth into character in the second one.

Avatar image for dreaded_porcupine
    Dreaded Porcupine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FF 1 sucked but the Invisible Woman was hot. They need to come out with the Avengers. I'm talking the original and pit them against the Masters of Evil. Spiderman 3 looks OK in the trailers. They need to write the movies like comic books and keep hollywood from sticking their noses in everything. That's why most of these are dissapointing. The hollywood weasels think they know everything.

Ms. Invisible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#15  Edited By Ms. Invisible

I'm anticipating the next X-Men movie. X-Men III really sucked... it was seemed so mediocre compared to the previous two... damn that Brett Ratner.

The Sarge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By The Sarge

They should just put all the ir money into a Deadpool movie. You can't tell me you wouldn't go and see a Dedpool movie.

Jack Spade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jack Spade

To be honest, I've liked them all on some level so far. Maybe I have no taste or I'm just addicted to superheroes. But! I will definitely say that Punisher, X3, and F4 all failed more than they succeeded. Punisher is really the only one that bores me intensely.

I'm excited about Spider-Man 3 (duh), Ghost Rider (decent cast with Daredevil's director), Iron Man (good feelings about the casting and Jon Favreau as director), and I suppose F4-2 (not much of a good feeling, but I'm willing to be surprised). Luke Cage might be interesting, if done true to the character.

Prodigal Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Prodigal Son

Post Deleted.

shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By shatterstar  Moderator

valinorbob says:

"I'm still waiting for a Thor movie... they could get the leader guy from 13th Warrior, he'd be perfect. A GOOD Captain America movie would be welcome too, or an Avengers movie."

Agree with all that, Thor has got to be epic if its going to be done right at all. 13th Warrior is a good reference point, Thor should be a movie that takes itself seriously and not just another fun summer popcorn flick (ugh). Cast the Swede from Kingdom of Heaven, shit I believed that guy was Thor when he was running around with an arrow through his throat and breaking necks.

I guess thats my main problem with most of the Marvel movies, I always walk out of them going yea but it could've been better. Yea they stand up as action movies but generally lacking in substance. Whereas Sin City, Batman Begins I think lived up to their potential.

Red L.A.M.P.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Red L.A.M.P.

Yeah and I think a big key is NOT to cast someone famous as the character. They bring too much of their own bagage. The only exception here would be a chameleon actor, such as Robert Downey Jr, who should be great as IronMan. But Nicholas Cage as Ghost Rider OR Ben Afflec as Daredevil, come on!

venomjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By venomjr

ah come on the Spiderman movies were perfect

Red L.A.M.P.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Red L.A.M.P.

venomjr says:

"ah come on the Spiderman movies were perfect"

I dont get Toby as Spiderman at all. And Kirsten Dunst as a red headed model? comeone!

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
    Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

Tobey was pretty good as Spidey, but Kirsten I think was very average. The Spider-man films IMO are the best of the Marvel ones and in the league with Batman Begins and Superman I. A Thor movie would be awesome as would a Captain America, but they would need to be done properly. I agree that Thor should have an epic feel, it should be a piece of mythology. Cap I think needs to be part war/action film and part character drama (to deal with him being a man out of time). Doing that coherently and without being cliched, goofy or overly sentimental would be hard.

Eidolon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Eidolon

I think they need to try something different, why not try to make a sort of indie movie, theres a lot of heroes or villians that you wont have to waste a lot of money on special effects. Also why dont they have one of the actual comic book writers have a crack at the screenplay, I mean the two mediums are already so closely related.

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
    Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

One word 'money.' Big summer films make more in a weekend than an indie will in it's entire run (unless it really hits cult status and make a mint on DVD). It is a legal thing too, all of DC's characters are owned by Warner Brothers and they will be the only ones to make their movies. Marvel is a bit different, the film rights are owned by different studios and not Marvel per se. For an indie film to happen, they would have to purchase those rights, which would limit them to minor characters at best. It's also the reason why Spidey can't team with the X-men on the big screen.

Eidolon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Eidolon

Im not talking about money its about a good marvel movie those big summer blockbusters havent been all that good. Plus I wouln't mind some minor characters getting their own. Or get one who isn't necessarily a top seller but a loyal fanbase. (aside) does anyone own the rights to Deadpool?

Eidolon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Eidolon

Red L.A.M.P. says:

"Yeah and I think a big key is NOT to cast someone famous as the character. They bring too much of their own bagage. The only exception here would be a chameleon actor, such as Robert Downey Jr, who should be great as IronMan. But Nicholas Cage as Ghost Rider OR Ben Afflec as Daredevil, come on! "

Nicolas Cage may be a horrible actor but I like the fact that he changed his last name to a comic book character.

Beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Beast

"I happen to think old Benny did a fine job as Daredevil. In fact it ranks at the top of my favorite MARVEL movies.

venomjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By venomjr

A Thor movie would be great. Have Loki as the only villian. If done correctly could be the Lord of the Rings of comic book superhero movies.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#31  Edited By gmanfromheck

As long as they don't do Thor the way they did in the Incredible Hulk tv movie. Woof.

venomjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By venomjr

G-Man says:

"As long as they don't do Thor the way they did in the Incredible Hulk tv movie. Woof."

lol Oh God no!!! That was horrible. Bleh!! And the Incredible Hulk tv movie version of Daredevil was crap too.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By gmanfromheck

He was like a ninja all dressed in black. It was weird how he "saw" in green. Wonder it confused him looking at the Hulk.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By gmanfromheck

He probably ate green eggs and ham every morning too.

venomjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By venomjr

G-Man says:

"He was like a ninja all dressed in black. It was weird how he "saw" in green. Wonder it confused him looking at the Hulk."

hmmmmmmmm interesting

venomjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By venomjr

G-Man says:

"He probably ate green eggs and ham every morning too."
    lol Ha!!!! Don't forget Gimli as the Kingpin.
    Post Edited:2007-02-02 18:52:24
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By gmanfromheck

venomjr says:

"G-Man says:
    "He probably ate green eggs and ham every morning too."
    lol Ha!!!! Don't forget Gimli as the Kingpin.
    Post Edited:2007-02-02 18:52:24"

I'm trying. Believe me.

I found this a couple weeks ago.

venomjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By venomjr

lol thats great

Deep Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Deep Blue

brand van hel says:

"... He is one of the best scientific minds in marvel universe but you don't get a sense of that in both movies. He comes of as a fluke and stupid when in fact even during the fights he's using his scientific knowledge to beat his foes. ... "

Well, if I'm not mistaken, in Spiderman 2, Peter meets Dr. Octavious and discuss about the Dr's latest invention, beside Pete's knew pretty much about physics and stuff... I mean, I didn't get the sense of him being stupid, you know?. The first Spiderman movie didn't have that detail, only mentioning that Peter was one of the best students in his class... if he was a nerd, we never saw it until the second movie!.

Hulk was a total mess, though it had spectacular fx. X-3 sucked big time, X-2 has all the glory. F4 wasn't that bad, but they could have done a better casting (Vin Diesel as the Thing?... nah!, even Stone Cold Steve Austin could have been better than Michael Chiklis... oh well), Dare Devil was ok, Elektra was better, Punisher sucked, Blade (the 3 of them) were ok, Ghost Rider was fine, too (nice visual)... just can remember these ones, but lets face it, DC has the leading by now. Let's hope that Marvel based movies get better in the future!.

Also, I think Heath Ledger could be a great Thor, but that's just my humble opinion...

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#40  Edited By zero edge

Red L.A.M.P. says:

"venomjr says:
    "ah come on the Spiderman movies were perfect"

I dont get Toby as Spiderman at all. And Kirsten Dunst as a red headed model? comeone!"

How come you don't like Tobey as Spider-Man? I thought he did an excellent job as Peter Parker and also grabbing Spider-Man's personality.

Sync

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Sync

tobby may be peter, but he lack the cool look for me, but im a big fan of image is everything..

i think all the marvel movies have sucked starting with hulk..

dardevil was the only one done nice, and the director cut was good.

and the 1st 2 blades where good..

it seem when it comes to the main heros the screw up caus ethey try to hard...just do for petes sake....

money +dumbies= horrble movies

Baby Girl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#42  Edited By Baby Girl

Marvel is making a lot of money off of the movies that are coming out. I think that it is a good idea.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Eternal Chaos

I think Marvel movies rule DC's suck, aside from Batman Returns. I would like to see another X-Men movie but one that has Apocalpyse, I wanna see Spider-Man 4 with only Venom, I wanna see Ironman, Iron fist, Deathlok, and even a Secret Wars

Tahdigga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Tahdigga

I thought X-men 3 was rushed. It could have been longer, but there was alot of action though. If they do make another one, I hope Bishop is in it. Maybe Jamie Foxx will play the role.

I heard there is a deleted scene of Storm's back story, that was cut from the second film. I always visualized a scene of Ororo in Africa thinking of her parents. She sitting on a hill top, crying with her knees to her chest with her arms around her legs, hair blowing in the breeze. The weather goes from calm to a thunderous downpour in the background. She stands up arms extended and eyes turning a white hue. Thinking of her tribes people she brings rain to the land. Pro. X is then seen rolling up to her asking her to come to the states.

I also heard that there is a Black Panther Movie in the works. I know Tim Story talked about bring him to the F4 series. His first choice he said would be Academy Award nominee Djimon Hounsou.

I think he would do the role justice. I also liked Henry Simmons

I'm looking forward to an Avengers movie. I just hope that it's done well, and not rushed.

Avatar image for the_mighty_thor
    The Mighty Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By The Mighty Thor

good

BlackPanther

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By BlackPanther

Tahdigga says:

"I thought X-men 3 was rushed. It could have been longer, but there was alot of action though. If they do make another one, I hope Bishop is in it. Maybe Jamie Foxx will play the role. I heard there is a deleted scene of Storm's back story, that was cut from the second film. I always visualized a scene of Ororo in Africa thinking of her parents. She sitting on a hill top, crying with her knees to her chest with her arms around her legs, hair blowing in the breeze. The weather goes from calm to a thunderous downpour in the background. She stands up arms extended and eyes turning a white hue. Thinking of her tribes people she brings rain to the land. Pro. X is then seen rolling up to her asking her to come to the states. I also heard that there is a Black Panther Movie in the works. I know Tim Story talked about bring him to the F4 series. His first choice he said would be Academy Award nominee Djimon Hounsou. I think he would do the role justice. I also liked Henry Simmons I'm looking forward to an Avengers movie. I just hope that it's done well, and not rushed."

I agree.

Avatar image for james_proudstar
    James Proudstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By James Proudstar

for the most part good, except for the total abortion that was "x-men 3", and "elektra" wasn't too good either.

looking forward to see iron man

shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#48  Edited By shatterstar  Moderator

Just watched Superman Returns over the weekend, liked it lots. I liked how they tried to tie it in with the previous movies, classy dedication to Christopher Reeves & his wife too. Not a huge Superman ideologue so I didn't mind Lois being married & having a kid as a plot point.

That movie and Batman Begins blows away any Marvel movie I've seen so far at capturing the essence of the characters, with the exception of Spider-Man and maybe Blade. X2 as far as Magneto and Professor X go. All the others have come across as watered down action movies.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#49  Edited By Darkchild

i cant wait for Iron man i think Downy fits the character great

crazy spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By crazy spidey

Post Deleted.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.