Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Marvel Movie Continuity

gerald2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By gerald2

I just want to say off the bat that Marvel has done a pretty good job with their films. Iron Man was awesome, Incredible Hulk hit the nail on the head and at least Spiderman 2 was good. The spirit of the comic was captured, for the most part.

However, one thing that has been pissing me off is the lack of references to other heroes in different movies. What I mean is, why don't they make some reference to Spiderman in the Iron Man film? You see nothing about it in the news reports or anything. And I'm not saying Spiderman should be the fckin co-star of the film, but you know, maybe show Tony reading a newspaper with the headline "Spider man: friend or foe?" or some shit. It's almost as if he doesn't exist, as if he lives in a separate universe or something, which is obviously not the truth.

Iron Man 2 kind of did it by adding that Thor cameo, but really most of the films fail to do this. Isn't Punisher: Warzone set in NYC? Doesn't SPiderman live in NYC? and yet there is absolutely NO hint in the film that New York is occupied by other superheros, actually, a shit ton of them. 

Am I being picky? Probably. I just think that it would help tie the movies together like the comics are tied together in the Marvel universe.

gerald2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By gerald2

annnnnnd bump

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By Gambit1024

Sometimes they do it, and sometimes they don't. Bottom line, it's all about the rights.  

I agree that they should do little easter eggs like that, but I think if they reference another character who's owned by another film company, then they could get sued. Take Spider-Man for example. If Spider-Man (owned by Sony) mentions something about Wolverine or Daredevil (both are owned by Fox) then Fox can sue Sony for mentioning a character of theirs without permission.  

However, at Marvel Studios, this isn't the case. They are trying as hard as possible to establish its own "Marvel Movieverse" with countless cameos and easter eggs in their movies (Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, and Captain America). They did this so much, in fact, that stuff like this was in Iron Man 2 like every half hour, lol. 

gerald2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By gerald2
    @Gambit1024 said:     

" Sometimes they do it, and sometimes they don't. Bottom line, it's all about the rights.   I agree that they should do little easter eggs like that, but I think if they reference another character who's owned by another film company, then they could get sued. Take Spider-Man for example. If Spider-Man (owned by Sony) mentions something about Wolverine or Daredevil (both are owned by Fox) then Fox can sue Sony for mentioning a character of theirs without permission.  

Ugh...I wish it wasn't like that. Spiderman and Daredevil should be able to occupy the same space without having to deal with petty copyright restrictions. I mean it is a MARVEL movie, for christ sake.

@Gambit1024 said:

However, at Marvel Studios, this isn't the case. They are trying as hard as possible to establish its own "Marvel Movieverse" with countless cameos and easter eggs in their movies (Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, and Captain America). They did this so much, in fact, that stuff like this was in Iron Man 2 like every half hour, lol.  "

Right. That was the best example of  a Marvel film eluding to other characters seen thus far, and honestly, I liked it! 

Because realistically, you've got all these fantastic characters blowing up (so to speak) at the same time. It just feels awkward NOT to mention them.
    LightBright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By LightBright

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By Gambit1024

I know, but Marvel's dumb for selling all of their rights in the first place. At least at DC they have all their properties under one roof. Unfortunately for them, they have no idea what they are doing... I mean really, who twisted their arm for a Jonah Hex movie and not a Flash movie?

albanmanson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By albanmanson

tony stark appears in the end of incredible hulk , or not ????

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.