Marvel Legends or Marvel Universe?

#1 Posted by Hotfyre (3 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm new to collecting and wanted to start collecting some marvel figures but I have no idea which one I should go with. What are the differences between the two? Which one do you think is better? Any tips for collecting?

Thanks! :D

#2 Posted by lectriccolossus (436 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hotfyre: well to me you really can't go wrong with either one from Marvel Legends, ive collected Colossus, SS and Deathlok, their articulations not bad if you ask me, great detail, especially Deathlok, and you get a free comic, and i think theyre 6in tall with the bigger characters being well bigger.

On the other hand the Marvel Universe are cheaper, smaller, but from the ones ive picked up, gladidator,psylocke, apocalypse, iron fist, dr. strang, the sculpts arent bad at all at least in my figures, great detail for a 3.75in figure, they're easier to collect to being smaller.

So if you ask me, if you got the money for Legends, pick em up, if not, go Universe...or, you could do both :) hope that helps

#3 Posted by War Killer (20152 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel Legends are the best, they're the reason I even got into comic books in the first place. Also, the Marvel Universe toys aren't worth the price they're asking for.

#4 Posted by PowerHerc (83401 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel Legends figures are bigger, more durable, easier to stand up and better detailed.

Marvel Universe figures are way too expensive for what you get.

#5 Edited by Hotfyre (3 posts) - - Show Bio

Thank you so much! I've made my mind I'm going with ML :D

By the way are the waves monthly?

#6 Posted by BoOMbOoMpOw (1711 posts) - - Show Bio

No the waves are not monthly. But good that you went with Marvel legends! Like many here said : Bigger, more detailed, more durable, ... But I think It`s sad that they have become so expensive :( I remember when I saved 15 Dollar to get the Black Widow ML as a kid and you you don`t get nothin without paying at least 25 bucks. But anyways ML is better ! :D

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.