Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Marvel Launches New Video Show Combining Comics and Cooking

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Marvel has just launched a brand new video series on Marvel.com. The idea of a publisher producing their own video content to convey news isn't a new idea as DC has been running their All Access series for some time. There are some differences with Marvel's approach. The first big one is the cooking theme. C.B. Cebulski knows a lot about comics and he knows a lot about cooking. He's the perfect host for this show. The other difference is this appears to be focusing more on a single comic or story per episode with the actual creators instead of being more of a wrap up of current events. Check it out below.

Marvel’s 3 Course Comics is the newest Marvel Original Video Series bringing you inside our comics like you’ve never seen before! Debuting on Marvel.com and on Marvel’s YouTube Channel, fans will be treated to their favorite Marvel creators and editors as they discuss the epic events of Marvel’s biggest story lines over a specially prepared themed meal!

Join C.B. Cebulski, your host and Marvel’s VP of International Brand Development as he takes you inside Spider-Verse in this inaugural episode! Prepare for an event featuring every Spider-Man ever as C.B. sits down with writer Dan Slott (Amazing Spider-Man), Senior Editor Nick Lowe and Editor Sana Amanat for a 3-course spider-themed meal and a discussion about all things Spider-Verse – complete with a recipe for a variation on Aunt May’s famous Wheatcakes!

Marvel’s 3 Course Comics focuses on the crossroads of food and comics,” says Cebulski. “Cooking has always been a passion of mine, and if I hadn’t gotten into comics, I probably would’ve become a chef. So I’m thrilled to bring some of my international experiences from doing business around the world back home to my kitchen and table to share with creators and editors as we talk about exciting stories happening around the Marvel Universe.”

Fans looking to get their very first delicious taste of Marvel’s 3 Course Comics can watch the first episode right now. But save room for the main course, as episode 2 is coming soon!

For more on Marvel’s 3 Course Comics and other Marvel Original Video content, please visit Marvel.com.

What do you think of this new show? Are you in the mood to do some cooking?

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By meatwadf

heh This kind of reminds me of Jerry Seinfeld's "Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee." Might be worth a look.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
    Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This is weird.

DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I actually really enjoyed this. As meatwadf mentioned, it does have that Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee feel. Guests like Dan Slott (who is very charismatic) can definitely thrive on something like this and keep it interesting. Whereas the DC show is very structured, I think they made a good choice in going in the opposite direction. I do hope next episode has a little more creator talk, but otherwise I'm kind of interested.

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Interesting concept. I can dig it.

miilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Had to double check to be sure today wasn't April 1.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Does anyone else want to actually make some of these?

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@wardishy said:

Interesting concept. I can dig it.

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

My first thought was CHIMICHANGAS! Okonomiyaki is a good choice tho.

Tweetie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From Marvel to cooking. How delightful :-)

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
    ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

I'm in.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

this needs to be a full half hour show on Food Network!

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amazing!! I love this. Comics and cooking - two of my favourite things :D

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I kinda like the segment being more focused on one comic/creator/event instead of little soundbites of a bunch of stuff without really being able to go too in depth. And for those wondering, C.B. has talked about food and cooking for years. So this makes sense from that angle.

Avatar image for fuzzylittlerodent
    FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'm guessing I'm the only one who thinks that this is stupid...Oh well. I'll just go back to my parents' basement, then.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fuzzylittlerodent: Nothing wrong if it's not your thing. Those that dig it, can watch. Those that don't, don't have to watch.

Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I can't even...

Rainja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Marvel> Umbrella Corp.

I wouldn't even be surprised if Marvel starts making Condoms, Bullets or Cars as an example in the future. They just want to be in like everything.

Blackice709

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rainja said:

Marvel> Umbrella Corp.

I wouldn't even be surprised if Marvel starts making Condoms, Bullets or Cars as an example in the future. They just want to be in like everything.

Adamantium condoms >>>> Magnums

Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@meatwadf said:

heh This kind of reminds me of Jerry Seinfeld's "Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee."

I thought the same thing. It's a great idea, and it combines two of my fave things, comics and food.

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@icon said:
    @meatwadf said:

heh This kind of reminds me of Jerry Seinfeld's "Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee."

I thought the same thing. It's a great idea, and it combines two of my fave things, comics and food.

I do hope that as the series goes on, they do things besides just pimp out their current events. Would love to see just a few artists/writers/editors sit around and shoot the breeze about the industry.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

This is amazing. All I do is watch Food Network. I love this I love this so much.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.