'Marvel Heroes' Official Spider-Man Design Revealed

• 56 results
Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

Over the Summer we mentioned that Avengers writer Brian Michael Bendis would be working on a new project, making the jump from writing comics to writing video games in an all new Marvel MMO that would be incorporating a big chunk of the Marvel Universe. Today we got a little bit more detail about the upcoming game including a reveal of the game's name change as well as the design for Spider-Man's character.

The game, which would have been titled 'Marvel Universe,' was recently renamed 'Marvel Heroes,' and Gazillion Entertainment, the game's developers, uncovered the official logo for the upcoming game. According to a previous report, the game will feature many of Marvel's biggest names including Storm, Ms. Marvel, Captain America, Spider-Man and many more -- however, the only official character design for the project was uncovered today, which you can check out above. What do you think of an all new Marvel MMO? Have you played 'Marvel Superhero Squad,' also developed by Gazillion Entertainment?

== TEASER ==
#1 Posted by Grim (2079 posts) - - Show Bio

....hpw long have they been working on this game? jeeze.

#2 Posted by Daveyo520 (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh is the the game that died?

#3 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought it was finshed

#4 Posted by davelecave (1113 posts) - - Show Bio

The eyes are weird.

#5 Posted by The Impersonator (5083 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they should have called it, Marvel Universe. :P

#6 Posted by ScarecowAA (20 posts) - - Show Bio

this is like another Chinese Democracy that it takes like 8 years to come out 

#7 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

I forgot about this thing months ago. I think i may just be satisfied with DCUO at this point

#8 Posted by The Poet (8302 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Impersonator said:

I was thinking that myself...

Moderator Online
#9 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, seems almost like a resurrection to me...

#10 Edited by Baddamdog (2223 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought there has been official art revealed? Or is it not official anymore because of the name change?

#11 Posted by Baddamdog (2223 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally I can't wait and I didn't get DCO because you couldn't play as the characters, nowadays I think there's too much emphasis on play as your own character, find a balance, like Soul Calibur.

P.s. if Psylocke isn't in this game I'll screw

#12 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

yay?

#13 Edited by ppetrov83 (30 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see this being any better than DCUO...lol

#15 Posted by Baddamdog (2223 posts) - - Show Bio

@ppetrov83: thank you! There's some ones I missed

#16 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

I forgot about this thing months ago. I think i may just be satisfied with DCUO at this point

@moywar700: @Daveyo520: @Grim:

They were working on a Marvel MMO, but eventually dropped the marvel and the game became Chapions Online. Now they're back to doing it again

#17 Posted by Daveyo520 (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

They really need to be Free2Play from the start. MMOs fail any other way these days and it will go free to play eventually if it is paid for monthly at the start.

#18 Posted by fesak (7033 posts) - - Show Bio

Design? He looks just like usual...

#19 Posted by TheIncredibleNightcrawler1999 (84 posts) - - Show Bio

@RedheadedAtrocitus:and a good one at that

#20 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

@Baddamdog: You can play as Dc characters in DCUO just not for everything only in the arena

#21 Posted by Mrfuzzynutz (996 posts) - - Show Bio

Balls to this, they need to go out and hire the guys who did the DCUO trailer, because I am sure a sizeable amount of users heard about/ got interested in/purchased based on the trailer alone

#22 Posted by Fantasgasmic (1071 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Impersonator said:

My guess is they don't want to be accused of trying to copy to DC Universe Online.

#23 Posted by The Impersonator (5083 posts) - - Show Bio

@Baddamdog said:

I thought there has been official art revealed? Or is it not official anymore because of the name change?

Now, this Marvel should use MU instead of MH.

#24 Posted by frozenedge (1155 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel Heroes sounds better to me. They probably changed it because they didn't want to seem to similar to DC Universe

#25 Posted by cmaprice (809 posts) - - Show Bio

I just hope it doesn't work like SHSO in the sense of alternate costumes being completely different characters. I mean, in some respects it makes sense, like Green Goblin and Iron Patriot or Penance and Speedball -- Such examples if they ever co-opted the game would have to be programmed differently. But if Regular and FF Spidey or Elektra and Pure Elektra were to count as different characters, I'd call shenanigans.

#26 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't the last Marvel MMO become Champions Online?

#27 Posted by SeanNOLA (75 posts) - - Show Bio

@PrinceIMC: Yes, and that's where a lot of this "hasn't this been in development for 8 years" confusion is coming from. Marvel didn't like the way Champions was being handled, the superhero MMO market was already saturated, and going head-to-head with DCUO wasn't going to be good for anyone, so they took the license back and Champions Online was released with vanilla heroes. Jump forward a few years and Gazillion has shown a great deal of promise with Super Hero Squad Online, so it only makes sense that Marvel would try and grab that grown-up market with a similarly structured game with (hopefully) more challenging gameplay.

#28 Posted by mickoreo_LZ (250 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel seems a little late to the MMO party, and just because DC is there, doesn't mean Marvel should attend too. Spider-Man looks bad btw. And who cares about this game? It was scrapped before for a reason. Shouldn't have resurrected this idea

#29 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

looks cool, when its coming out?

#30 Posted by The_Kid_Lantern (59 posts) - - Show Bio

If that's what Wolverine looks like in-game they need to cut about a third of the length off of his claws. I'm not too impressed with the designs....

~KL~

#31 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8903 posts) - - Show Bio

The head is kind of wierd but everything else is not bad

#32 Posted by maxicere (936 posts) - - Show Bio

I need this game noooowwww!! Also play Marvel superhero Squad all days!

#33 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

Um...no offense, but why didn't you post the other character models of Deadpool, Captain America, Thor, Cable, and so on?

I mean, why is Spider-Man the only one to make all this news?

#34 Posted by Danial79 (2336 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been following the game's Tumblr for some time now and I really like the designs they're going with. I'm not really into MMOs though. I'd prefer someone just creating a decent single player superhero game featuring these characters. Surely Batman isn't the only character who deserves one.

#35 Posted by BritishMonkey (321 posts) - - Show Bio

i really can't wait to see what this is like and play it

#36 Posted by zombietag (1491 posts) - - Show Bio

looks like... spider-man

#37 Posted by ZZoMBiE13 (676 posts) - - Show Bio

Sweet. I thought this game was cancelled. I enjoyed DCUO, at least as much as I can enjoy any MMO. It will be interesting to see how a Marvel MMO plays out.

#38 Posted by SoA (4707 posts) - - Show Bio

@davelecave said:

The eyes are weird.

u sure its not the head?

#39 Posted by SoA (4707 posts) - - Show Bio

@Baddamdog said:

cable looks lanky and his eyes are switched and wolverine has baraka claws (they are longer than forearm ) the group shot is 90% avengers(johnny will join one day soon)

#40 Posted by Lt_Cmdr_Kicker (71 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm kinda curious if this is what, we, as comic fans really want. Do we want a bland Marvel MMO which is what I think this might shape up to be. Which is just my opinion. Or would you guys like to see an Ultimate Alliance reboot with massive amounts of character set in it's own universe which could be taken online? Lemme know, cuz I'm genuinely curious!!

#41 Posted by Lt_Cmdr_Kicker (71 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, I'm not impressed with anything Marvel has been putting out lately.. It's depressing really.

#42 Posted by Winken Goodfellow (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine's claws are huge there... how would he bend his arms when they're sheathed?

#43 Posted by NYStreets09e (159 posts) - - Show Bio

i guess its to early to make harsh derision, so ill wait as long as they have Elektra I'm happy :-)

#44 Posted by BigTPotts (123 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks amazing!!

#45 Posted by XMASCATEXE (135 posts) - - Show Bio

His head looks like a delicious crunchy M&M. *slurp*

#46 Posted by Iron Fist Angel (229 posts) - - Show Bio

I have pretty much zero interest in MMOs but I will definitely be playing this one.

#47 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
@davelecave said:

The eyes are weird.

#48 Posted by snowtires (28 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully they are taking some extra time to stress test whatever servers they're planning on using for this. DCUO was an off-and-on nightmare for the first nine months of the game (to the point where I eventually gave up on it). Anything new broke tons of pre-existing stuff, and the servers crashed two or three times a night.

#49 Posted by Shazam78 (137 posts) - - Show Bio

So with DCUO already out will fanboys be shouting I'm a Marvel and I'm a DC?

#50 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

whats the point of this game if everyone else is spiderman, deadpool and wolverine?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.