Marvel Heroes MMO Teaser Trailer

• 68 results
#1 Posted by G-Man (35101 posts) - - Show Bio
Drawing upon the 8,000-plus heroes and villains in the Marvel Universe, Marvel Heroes allows players to become their favorite Marvel Super Heroes – from the popular Iron Man, Thor, Storm and Black Widow to the lesser known Squirrel Girl and Cable. Fans will be able to completely customize their characters by constructing costumes taken from each hero’s rich history, choosing from a huge array of super powers for each character, and finding thousands of other items. There are countless ways for players to tailor their experience.

In the game’s social areas, including Midtown Manhattan and the Xavier Institute for Higher Learning, players can meet up with other players, discover missions, and buy items from legendary Marvel characters. While pursuing missions, players will explore such famous Marvel landscapes as the Savage Land, Hell’s Kitchen and Mutant Town.

Written by Brian Michael Bendis, author of Ultimate Spider-Man, New Avengers, Secret Invasion and countless other successes, Marvel Heroes is inspired by some of the most popular tales and events in Marvel Comics history.

David Brevik, President of Gazillion Entertainment and creator of the massive hit games Diablo andDiablo II says: “I’ve been a big Marvel fan for all of my life. Marvel Heroes represents the combination of Marvel IP with all of the knowledge and experience I gained creating Diablo. It is a dream come true. I’m excited to unveil Marvel Heroes and share this revolutionary MMO with both gamers and Marvel fans.”

“Marvel Heroes marks a new era in gaming for us,” stated TQ Jefferson, Vice President of Games at Marvel. “For fans to actually become their favorite heroes in an original storyline, explore iconic Marvel landscapes and combat some of the most dangerous villains in a shared experience is unbelievably compelling.”

For more information on Marvel Heroes, follow @MMMSociety and @SecretIDStudios on Twitter, and go to www.marvelheroes.com
Staff Online
#2 Edited by Chaos Burn (1785 posts) - - Show Bio

Diablo + Marvel Ultimate Alliance?

#3 Posted by Inverno (13261 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chaos Burn said:

Oh dear god! Make it happen!

#4 Posted by jcbart (341 posts) - - Show Bio

So you play as actual Marvel characters, but are able to customise them based on previous costumes and powers? Count me in!

#5 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

This could be good...

#6 Posted by pspin (891 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes please. This would be so epic!

#7 Posted by SadiaVicious (134 posts) - - Show Bio

Just one thing: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!

#8 Posted by nomadicxnightmare (142 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow! Surprisingly that actually sounds good!

#9 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1056 posts) - - Show Bio

I had previously imagined a game that would let you make characters in three hero factions and three villain factions. Avengers:Masters of Evil, X-Men:Brotherhood of Mutants, and...oh yeah S.H.I.E.L.D.:HYDRA. Of course there were plenty of other factions that could be used and have storylines in. I would like my own character better, but this game looks pretty cool.

#10 Posted by MrMazz (1252 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chaos Burn said:

Works for me

#11 Posted by the_fallen11 (636 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm in.

#12 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14747 posts) - - Show Bio

@SadiaVicious said:

Just one thing: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!

That's not how you do it, it's like this

#13 Posted by danhimself (22586 posts) - - Show Bio

no word on what platforms it's going to be for yet?

#14 Posted by Dernman (15160 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh boy all those Storm fans fighting over who the real Storm is. Worse all the cries of no Storm can't lose like that that's a badly created. :p

#15 Posted by lastdrag0n89 (590 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

PC most likely

#16 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

my only problem is that the graphics aren't that good.

#17 Posted by randalmeister (84 posts) - - Show Bio

I will play this... Without question... Don't fail me, Marvel!

#18 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9095 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mega_spidey01 said:

I agree, I think a lot of other Marvel video games have better graphics than what was shown in this trailer for Marvel Heroes

#19 Posted by Danial79 (2351 posts) - - Show Bio

If it's an MMO and you can play any Marvel character, does that mean there'll be 100 Spider-Mans or Wolverines running around? If so, that'll be weird. Also, if that's the case, I'm going to pick the most obscure character I can find on the list :P

#20 Edited by allthatsgeek (127 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chaos Burn: I know, right? The youtube comments on this video are full of "OH IT'S JUST DIABLO WITH MARVEL CHARACTERS". The questions we need to ask? Is that a bad thing?

If I had to venture a guess on gameplay, you probably pick what hero you want to play as, and then get matched up with other players, and if someone in the party already called dibs on spidey, you'll have to repick.

My biggest concern: Is Colossus in it? And he's right there in the trailer, so color me in.

#21 Posted by Danial79 (2351 posts) - - Show Bio

@haydenclaireheroes said:

@Mega_spidey01 said:

I agree, I think a lot of other Marvel video games have better graphics than what was shown in this trailer for Marvel Heroes

MMOs generally have low-end graphics, don't they? I mean, look at WoW.

#22 Posted by Chaos Burn (1785 posts) - - Show Bio

@allthatsgeek: Colossus eh? you better not be on my server coz dibs!

#23 Posted by TheHeat (451 posts) - - Show Bio
@Chaos Burn said:

THIS!
#24 Posted by Manchine (4173 posts) - - Show Bio

This is so fail. Can't make up your own characters not a good game.

#25 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3556 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not surprised this is getting made, but DC ONLINE was kind of a wake up call. I wonder if they learner anything from DC's mistakes in the MMO market? The use of all those known characters makes this look more like another MARVEL ULTIMATE ALLIANCE rather than an MMO.

#26 Posted by deadpool25mm (602 posts) - - Show Bio

I didnt think it would be like Ultimate alliance , thought more like DC universe online, but hope it'll be good.

#27 Posted by NyxEquitis (401 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow....this might end up being the best Marvel game they've crated, period...It sounds so utterly amazing and awesome, cant wait to see more details on this.

#28 Posted by torzone (418 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought it was MUA 3 for a moment!

Looks awesome though!

#29 Posted by Mr. Kamikaze (526 posts) - - Show Bio

I would've preferred a Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3...or a X-Men Legends 3. Or if they ported this to the PS3.

My laptop is nowhere near good enough to run an MMO.

#30 Posted by feargalr (1163 posts) - - Show Bio

@haydenclaireheroes said:

@Mega_spidey01 said:

Its browser based so it's not going to amazing graphically.

I'm not sold on this yet, I may check it out if I have time, it is free and all...

#31 Posted by MonsieurShogun (34 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely not as epic as DC Universe Online, but still managed to make me intrigued.

#32 Posted by CitizenJP (598 posts) - - Show Bio

Aaww man totally wasn't expecting the whole diablo-esque thing. Lames.

#33 Posted by lronMan (29 posts) - - Show Bio

PC only?

#34 Posted by Master_Thief (774 posts) - - Show Bio

hope it'll be ported onto the ps3 like dc universe... but with less bugs

#35 Posted by MasterofChaos (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

This makes me think of Alex Wilder from The Runaways.

#36 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

@Danial79 said:

If it's an MMO and you can play any Marvel character, does that mean there'll be 100 Spider-Mans or Wolverines running around? If so, that'll be weird. Also, if that's the case, I'm going to pick the most obscure character I can find on the list :P

That is why the costumes are going to be customizable. Did you not read anything?

#37 Posted by worldFlash (43 posts) - - Show Bio

i thought it was going to look like dc online, but now i think it looks like ultimate alliance.

#38 Posted by Wowlock (220 posts) - - Show Bio

I doubt running around with 1000+ Deadpools is a good idea..... Well maybe it is but you get my point !

I wouldn't call this an MMO since if everyone can pick the same heroes , it will be quite weird....especially if it is in an open world enviourment. I am sure they will have an explaination for why there is ''1000 Spidermen running around'' , probably not a good one though :D

I would prefer this game to be a singleplayer with multiplayer content but not a Full MMO.

#39 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks absolutely great!

#40 Edited by War Killer (20257 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:

That's what I want to know. Whatever platform it's on is what will most likely determine if I'll be playing this or not.
#41 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7901 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks awesome. The only thing I am worried about is there going to be thousands of Deadpools that we are going to have to put up with? There needs to be some sort of restriction..IDK.

#42 Posted by crazed_h3ro (1000 posts) - - Show Bio

Does Doom have to be the Main villian is most Marvel united game? Other than that this looks great, kinda gave me a Diablo vibe.

#43 Posted by Mister_Sensational (187 posts) - - Show Bio

Look I like every person who visits this site regularly am an active comic book reader and as such I'd like to think that our imaginations are highly more active than the non-reader so with that said I must say how very disappointed I am that Marvel has decided to go in this direction. I mean personally I would much rather play as my own originally thought of character with his own original name and powers fighting with or against my favorite Marvel heroes and Villains than just one of 100s (if not 1000s) of clones of characters that already exist in Marvel cannon. And then for Marvel to gloss over this fact just by saying "You can customize you character based on any costume they've ever worn in the comics." is just a further insult.

#44 Posted by MrMiracle77 (1659 posts) - - Show Bio

MMO?  Gameplay looks like a suped-up Ultimate Alliance.  Maybe just a matchmaking system like Battle.net rather than an actual persistent community.

Not that that would be such a bad thing.

#45 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1504 posts) - - Show Bio

Needs Songbird and Diamondback as playable characters!

#46 Posted by BoyWander (318 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh.

#47 Posted by Danial79 (2351 posts) - - Show Bio
@doordoor123 Yeah, I saw that, but even with differing costumes, they're still the same characters (no doubt with the same dialogue) so I stand by my concern.
#48 Posted by Purgy (419 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks, good but gotta ask about the gameplay and also i hope Gambit and others of my favs or in this.

#49 Posted by bamfamf (22 posts) - - Show Bio

reminds me of baldurs gate: dark alliance or champions of norath. looks pretty badass. people need to get 'the graphics arent that good' and shove it up there ass.

#50 Posted by ravisher (692 posts) - - Show Bio

hmm

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.