Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Marvel have the most powerfull characters ?

Power-Corps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Is Marvel have the most powerful characters and more characters than DC ?

SpawnOfGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

marvel has the more powerful street levelers.

dc has more powerful high tier characters

Avatar image for deactivated-6137545428734
    deactivated-6137545428734

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

That seems to be case with all the arguing going on in the battle forums. I believe Marvel lower tier superhumans and street levellers are generally more well known however DC's high tier superhumans and heralds levellers are more well known which many people presume DC having more overpowered characters than Marvel. While true to some sense, the users of the battle forums mostly agree that a Marvel character is > than an equivalent DC counterpart such as Sentry > Superman or Captain Marvel > Thor or Black Panther > Batman or Thanos > Darkseid or TOAA > Presence and so on. It all depends on the opinion of the user.

josephgomes619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel has stronger street level characters

DC has stronger superhuman characters

Marvel has stronger abstract beings

Power-Corps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Power-Corps

What you mean "Marvel has stronger street level characters" ? Can you explain ?

And stronger superhuman for DC, why ? You mean Superman, Wonder Woman, and Green Lantern ?

And I mean about general characters, Marvel have the most powerful characters, who in DC can beat Galactus, Silver, Phoenix etc. ? No one, TOAA and The Presence don't matter these characters.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

@power-corps:

I think lot of characthers as cast as street level characthers like Wolverine, Deadpool, Captain America, Iron Fist, Elektra and spider-man unlike DC street level characther whom the majority is gadget or skilled or hydrid of two heroes.

SpawnOfGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What you mean "Marvel has stronger street level characters" ? Can you explain ?

And stronger superhuman for DC, why ? You mean Superman, Wonder Woman, and Green Lantern ?

And I mean about general characters, Marvel have the most powerful characters, who in DC can beat Galactus, Silver, Phoenix etc. ? No one, TOAA and The Presence don't matter these characters.

trigon, neron,imperiex, mr. mxy, ........

Tweetie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Tweetie

I think Marvel's character and DC's character are just tied to me.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@tweetie said:

I think Marvel's character and DC's character are just tied to me.

UberHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@power-corps: Yep. Despite what you read on battle forums, Marvel's characters are significantly more powerful than DC characters. Compare the high end strength and durability feats and the difference is huge.

PC Superman is consistently wiped out by planetary attacks, is barely planet buster and struggled with a small black hole, BRB for example smashes planets effortlessly, tanking planets dying and was able to resist TWO black holes next to each other and that's BRB who is below the real top tier i.e. Hulk, Hyperion, Gladiator, Thor, Silver Surfer, Thanos etc, etc.

Read my blogs for more :

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/uberhulk/blog/superman-strength-durability-feats-debunking/101036/

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/uberhulk/blog/gladiator-high-end-feats-confidence-hulk-fight/101033/

Any high end strength & durability feat for PC or New 52 Superman I can top with several Marvel characters.

Avatar image for shadowofthelight
    ShadowoftheLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't DC characters are mostly gods?

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are more familiars Marvel abstract level beings. With more feats.

For the rest, it's mostly a popularity contest.

Avatar image for moonlighterstone
    Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't say that. In order to find out we must gather them one by one and compare them from Marvel to DC. Toooo many that we can only guess.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.