Marvel has yet another event. -_-"

#1 Posted by sethysquare (3842 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you like it that marvel has events after events after events and have several events, crossovers, mini-series/crossovers, mini events, line wide events happening one after another, sometimes concurrently?

What do you guys think?

#2 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the people of the Marvel U. should rebel and just start putting bullets in the heads of heroes and villians.

#3 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6028 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm also getting tired of Marvel having so many events lately since we barely see any character development with any of the characters whenever these events pop up and when it seems like they have some kind of development (Wolverine in Schism), it seems too forced to be taken seriously.

#4 Posted by War Killer (20292 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel has gone down hill as of late, not just with their constant events but their comics in general.

#5 Posted by sethysquare (3842 posts) - - Show Bio

How sad and yet marvel events sell the most.

#6 Posted by Kallarkz (3295 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh they are slowly redeeming their events with my eyes with the current AVX. (Loved the twist) 
I'll give this one a read. And if this Marvel event isn't good I'll try something really radical... 
Like simply not buying it.

#7 Posted by Deadpoolchimichanga96 (9 posts) - - Show Bio

personally, i think they should just at least leave 10 minutes between each new event story arc, as a bit of a breather for the reader. don't get me wrong, i enjoyed civil war, dark reign, secret invasion, (and i am currently enjoying AVX) but it appears to be a case of "hey guys, you done reading this event? remember how in that last event ten seconds ago we said it would change the marvel universe forever, right? well this one will too! and the next one! and the next one!".

don't get me wrong, i love marvel, and some of the events are really well written, but i think they should 1. leave some time between each event, and 2. use a different tagline instead of "it will change the marvel universe forever!!!!111!!!11!!11!"

#8 Posted by jsphsmth (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: I don't like it. It seems like the only way they can stay compettitive in the marketplace, but it has to alienate readers eventually.

I am seriously considering dropping most my Marvel comics because of too many forced events.

#9 Posted by sethysquare (3842 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deadpoolchimichanga96 said:

personally, i think they should just at least leave 10 minutes between each new event story arc, as a bit of a breather for the reader. don't get me wrong, i enjoyed civil war, dark reign, secret invasion, (and i am currently enjoying AVX) but it appears to be a case of "hey guys, you done reading this event? remember how in that last event ten seconds ago we said it would change the marvel universe forever, right? well this one will too! and the next one! and the next one!".

don't get me wrong, i love marvel, and some of the events are really well written, but i think they should 1. leave some time between each event, and 2. use a different tagline instead of "it will change the marvel universe forever!!!!111!!!11!!11!"

Except it never changes marvel events at all. Correct me if I am wrong, but from what I know, marvel events always ends up being status co. Whereas DC events does change DC universe forever. Like Flashpoint, Crisis, OYL and etc.

@jsphsmth: I do agree that it will definitely alienate readers.

#10 Posted by KainScion (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

and we have another 'marvel: lets bitch' thread

#11 Posted by Vance Astro (91415 posts) - - Show Bio
@KainScion said:

If you have a problem with the premise of the topic, how about not posting?
#12 Posted by FrankenKong (234 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Marvel is losing its in your face,suck you in events. If you're going to have events spanning months at least have them connect to each other in a significant way like DC had with its Blackest Night/Brightest Day event.

#13 Posted by Night Thrasher (3709 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel should be more like DC and stay away from major events. DC hasn't really done any and certainly none right after another. Other than Identity Crisis/Infinite Crisis/52/Countdown/Final Crisis/Blackest Night/Brightest Day/Flashpoint/New 52. But other than that, DC hasn't had any major "EVENTS" and certainly none of them sucked balls.

#14 Posted by Aero_gt (840 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, I wonder whey will do next.

#15 Posted by Teerack (7455 posts) - - Show Bio

It depends on the event.

#16 Posted by oraclefyre (936 posts) - - Show Bio

Oops, there goes more of my money. Just hope they make it worthwhile this time.

#17 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@KainScion said:

If you have a problem with the premise of the topic, how about not posting?

I don't get why it's an issue to post if you have a problem with a topic?

#18 Posted by TDK_1997 (15096 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel try to do big stuff and make people buy them instead of making people buy their normal ongoings which are great.

#19 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7966 posts) - - Show Bio

It is the way of things, depending on what its' going to involve I just avoid most of them these days.

#20 Posted by primepower53 (5591 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't like it? Don't read it.

Works for me.

#21 Posted by Vance Astro (91415 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine said:

Because it's trolling.
#22 Posted by Deranged Midget (17974 posts) - - Show Bio

I always give them a shot regardless.

#23 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

@primepower53 said:

Don't like it? Don't read it.

Works for me.

Same here. I read Civil War about 4 years after release, lol.

#24 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@John Valentine said:

Because it's trolling.

So, any form of criticism on a topic is considered trolling?

#25 Posted by Vance Astro (91415 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine said:

So, any form of criticism on a topic is considered trolling?

No.
#26 Posted by Saren (25117 posts) - - Show Bio

Fix.

#27 Posted by Lvenger (21239 posts) - - Show Bio

Is the next event from the supposed 'House of Ideas' Punisher: War Zone? Or is it something else?

#28 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (8079 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCrowbar said:

I think the people of the Marvel U. should rebel and just start putting bullets in the heads of heroes and villians.

#29 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (8079 posts) - - Show Bio

That's why I like Dc more. I heard the event involves Punisher, so I might get them.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.