Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Marvel has the movie rights to Daredevil and Punisher....

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

Here's what they should do.... Keep The Punisher and Daredevil separate from the Avengers universe. Marvel should do an entire shared universe for their darker heroes like Blade, Punisher, Daredevil, Moon Knight, and Ghost Rider. Basically their characters that would need at the very least a low R rating for a proper film to be made with them. In other words a film universe in the same vein as their MAX line of comics, which is used to tell gritty, adult, and much darker stories than they can in their mainstream universe

No Caption Provided

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I don't see why they can't be in the same universe as their other movies....I mean just because it's acknowledged that they live in the same universe doesn't mean that we're going to see the Punisher in an Avengers movie or anything like that...it's the same with the comics

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I don't get the point

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@peppeyhare: @danhimself: I just think guys like The Punisher and Ghost Rider work best in their own little corners of the Marvel universe, away from the bright and colorful costumed heroes.

Actually I thought of a better way to do it without the need for another universe. Set Daredevil, The Punisher, Blade, and Ghost Rider in the 80's. Make them period pieces like they did with Captain America.

A lot of Daredevil's best stuff happened in the 80's, The Punisher was really big in the 80's as well and it also allows him to still be a Vietnam vet in this setting. It also gives some history to this universe. Cap was the hero of the 40's and Daredevil was the hero of the 80's, and Iron Man is the first hero of the 2000's

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#5 vance_astro  Moderator

Marvel owes me a GOOD Daredevil movie. And before anyone says anything about that Director's Cut that was barely better than an already horrid film, STFU!

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vance_astro: And I think that can happen with a film set in the 80's. I think that certain heroes gravitate to certain time periods. Daredevil and Punisher? A LOT of their best stories happened in the 80's. In fact most of DD's rogues gallery would make the most sense if they WERE in the 80's! Also as I said Punisher would still be a Vietnam vet

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 vance_astro  Moderator

@smart_dork_dude said:

@vance_astro: And I think that can happen with a film set in the 80's. I think that certain heroes gravitate to certain time periods. Daredevil and Punisher? A LOT of their best stories happened in the 80's. In fact most of DD's rogues gallery would make the most sense if they WERE in the 80's! Also as I said Punisher would still be a Vietnam vet

I don't know if the time period matters as much as how dark Marvel is willing to make those movies. Daredevil & Punisher isn't for kids.

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vance_astro: Which is why I think a period piece would work the best. Advertise it like a film right out of the 80's, market them to an older demographic to the point that while some kids would want to go see Daredevil, they wouldn't be seeing the bright and colorful Avengers/Spider-Man style superhero movie they're used to. I see Daredevil easily being a low-rated R with Punisher of course being a hard R with good reason.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@smart_dork_dude: I personally prefer the darker characters being mixed in because I think it adds more variety to the universe, but I see where you're coming from. I wouldn't be against it

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 vance_astro  Moderator

@smart_dork_dude said:

@vance_astro: Which is why I think a period piece would work the best. Advertise it like a film right out of the 80's, market them to an older demographic to the point that while some kids would want to go see Daredevil, they wouldn't be seeing the bright and colorful Avengers/Spider-Man style superhero movie they're used to. I see Daredevil easily being a low-rated R with Punisher of course being a hard R with good reason.

I don't really get why it couldn't be dark regardless of the time period it's supposed to be set in. I mean I agree DD was awesome in the 80's but he was also awesome in the 60's and the 90's and the early 2000's. Maybe i'm not understanding your point.

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vance_astro: Okay lemme put it like this. Certain heroes, for me anyway, feel more at home in certain time periods. Usually time periods when they were created or were at their best. The Punisher? Late 70's and through the 80's. Daredevil? Again late 70's through the 80's. It's just that for some reason they feel like a product of that time, even if Matt was created in '64. There was actually a concept for a rebooted Daredevil film before Marvel got the rights back that was set in the same time period.

Loading Video...

I just think it also add some more depth to the Cinematic universe. Captain America was called the "first superhero" in the Avengers. Okay so that term has existed for a while. What if there were others after him? Before Tony made the suit? See what I mean?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 vance_astro  Moderator

@smart_dork_dude said:

@vance_astro: Okay lemme put it like this. Certain heroes, for me anyway, feel more at home in certain time periods. Usually time periods when they were created or were at their best. The Punisher? Late 70's and through the 80's. Daredevil? Again late 70's through the 80's. It's just that for some reason they feel like a product of that time, even if Matt was created in '64. There was actually a concept for a rebooted Daredevil film before Marvel got the rights back that was set in the same time period.

Loading Video...

I just think it also add some more depth to the Cinematic universe. Captain America was called the "first superhero" in the Avengers. Okay so that term has existed for a while. What if there were others after him? Before Tony made the suit? See what I mean?

Whoever made this trailer is awesome!

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Spideysense44

Honestly I think Punisher should get a tv show and Daredevil get a movie... It would do both characters justice

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@spideysense44 said:

Honestly I think Punisher should get a tv show and Daredevil get a movie... It would do both characters justice

I think a Punisher show that wasn't animated would be detrimental to the character.

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 vance_astro  Moderator

@spideysense44 said:

@vance_astro:

:o why would you want it to be animated

Because i've seen more decent animated series based on comics than I have live action TV shows.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I don't see why they can't be in the same universe as their other movies....I mean just because it's acknowledged that they live in the same universe doesn't mean that we're going to see the Punisher in an Avengers movie or anything like that...it's the same with the comics

this, but I really want a Daredevil movie.

Gordyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#18  Edited By Gordyman

I think Daredevil should get a TV show, kinda like what DC is doing with Arrow. Daredevil just isn't known outside of comics like that. I think Punisher could work in a movie, because he fits the whole action hero archetype.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Wait...so did Marvel get the rights Back to Daredevil? To bad they'll never get the rights to Spiderman I feel like Spiderman's presence should be atleast Acknowledge in Avengers...same with X-men It doesn't feel right to me.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.