Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Marvel, get it together.

Jubilantlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jubilantlad

Marvel seriously needs to reboot their comics. They need to sort out team rosters, and limit characters to two teams at most. In no way could Wolverine be on all the teams he currently is, along with all the other characters who are on multiple teams, Spidey, looking at you. They need to let other characters shine, not just Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Wolverine. They aren't even using characters like Firebird, Machine Man, Julia Carpenter or Living Lightning who all have potential but instead, they just use a set group of characters for every team.

Quirky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Quirky

I dunno, kind of hard to streamline something so rich in characters/lore without offending long-time fans of certain characters. I do get what you mean though, it seems like there's a new Avengers team/lineup every other day.

I don't think 616 needs a reboot really. Just read Ultimate Marvel, they're only like a decade old and already had a reboot.

Avatar image for huntress_of_the_dark
    Huntress_of_the_Dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Once Joe Quasada gets fired and return  Axel Alonso to DC.
    catfightfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By catfightfan

I just read that Marvel is laying off a few folks to cut back on expenses. Hopefully this move will not impact the quality of the comics.

Shadow_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Shadow_Thief

@catfightfan:I don't see how it possibly could. Burn!

Just kidding; I really do love Marvel. I just saw the opening, and had to take it. :P

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Jubilantlad said:

Marvel seriously needs to reboot their comics. They need to sort out team rosters, and limit characters to two teams at most. In no way could Wolverine be on all the teams he currently is, along with all the other characters who are on multiple teams, Spidey, looking at you. They need to let other characters shine, not just Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Wolverine. They aren't even using characters like Firebird, Machine Man, Julia Carpenter or Living Lightning who all have potential but instead, they just use a set group of characters for every team.

Despite Marvel's massive failures they are still the #1 publisher of comics in the world.
    Sir_Deadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Sir_Deadpool

Just let Marvel do their thing. If they want to fire up one big event after an other their will still be people out who will buy them all. I also love and always loved their work. It's kinda weird, that everybofy talkjs about a marvel reboot just because DC did. Marvel should not rebooot their comics. Especially with regenesis on the way. Wolverine can be part of all team, because he really is that guy who is there and there. Just stop talking about making a reboot. This sucks

@Vance Astro said:

@Jubilantlad said:

Despite Marvel's massive failures they are still the #1 publisher of comics in the world.

And you are right. Marvel is still #1 publisher and it there must be done GREAT failures to beat them of their 1 spot.

VanAce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By VanAce

You don't need a reboot if you make the comics accessible to a wide audience. I had never read Daredevil and Punisher before this year and now I am. Both are written in a way that you don't need to know anything previous. What Marvel really needs to do is to take a year off of events and in a 2-3 month period create a very solid jumping on point for all the ongoing titles. sort of like the whole point one concept they have been doing for the past year. No need to reboot or renumber just advertise it as a good opportunity to jump on the books.

Another thing Marvel needs to do is to advertise in places that will attract non comic readers. The places that they advertise at the moment are only preaching to the converted.

Sir_Deadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Sir_Deadpool

@VanAce said:

You don't need a reboot if you make the comics accessible to a wide audience. I had never read Daredevil and Punisher before this year and now I am. Both are written in a way that you don't need to know anything previous. What Marvel really needs to do is to take a year off of events and in a 2-3 month period create a very solid jumping on point for all the ongoing titles. sort of like the whole point one concept they have been doing for the past year. No need to reboot or renumber just advertise it as a good opportunity to jump on the books.

Another thing Marvel needs to do is to advertise in places that will attract non comic readers. The places that they advertise at the moment are only preaching to the converted.

Thank you. There are still people left who understand that Marvel does not need a Reboot just some changes in theri publication politic

NX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By NX

Yea i hope it doesnt impact the quality either it would suck.

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
    czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By czarny_samael666

They doesn't need reboot. They need to get Fraction off from their comics. 

Fear Itself 07 was tottally boring, Mighty Thor is crushing whole of their history, etc.

But Gillen in JiM give there some sense. The same with UXM. When Fraction was wrting it, it was horriblly boring, but Gillen with new Juggernaut, Sinister and helping Marvel with Schism (that is another failure) gived this comic a new life. 

Uncanny X-Force with Dark Angel Saga shows us, that Marvel need their history. Without old comics about Apocalypse, will be no sense with giving Sinister and Archangel another chance. Currently Kaine in TASM cameback, which means that there will be at least one Spider-comics that I would read (Scarlet-Spider). 
    Also, there is also X-Factor and X-Men Legacy that are using old comics. 

Writers showed us, that even comics with such a losers like Rulk can give us a great stories (his fight Angrir was the best one in whole FI, his current story with Secret Avengers is really intresting and Pad cleaned up this mess with Watcher,Iron Man and Thor) even without reboots.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#12  Edited By The Impersonator

DC already rebooted their comics. So Marvel would not use that same route. They already have Ultimate Marvel on their hands.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.