Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Marvel Film Adaptations

• 93 results
    kiedis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By kiedis

So most fans would probably agree that Marvel adaptations have been quite poor on the whole so if you could have any one re done, but re done well or a new film made really well that hasn’t been done before what would you want… I’d personally like to see a good ADULT version of Daredevil or a decent Doctor Strange film!

beastmanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By beastmanX

i think that an orignal x-men movie would be cool.

Mantid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Mantid

I think they should do a Captain America movie even before they even think about doing an Avengers movie.

I just don't think a marvel team movie is a good idea.

Crimson Orchid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Crimson Orchid

I love Ghost Rider but the movie was just waaayyy too cheesy... They could keep the same actors, but get a better script...

iwan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By iwan

Mantid says:

"I think they should do a Captain America movie even before they even think about doing an Avengers movie. I just don't think a marvel team movie is a good idea."

I agree, most people who go to Marvel (or any comic based) films only have a passing intrest. Thus, if we have a whole team (such as the Avengers) there would have to be like a introduction or explination to all the characters which would really bring the film down for those of us who know all about them already. Either that or they don't explain anything and it'll flop and lose a lot of money.. don't think Marvel really want that.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By Sparda

Re-do Ghost Rider, for the LOVE OF GOD.

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Sling Shot

Re-do Fantastic Four pleeeesaaaase.From scratch.

iwan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By iwan

Sling Shot says:

"Re-do Fantastic Four pleeeesaaaase.From scratch."

It would have been good.. if the target audience was 10-15 year olds it would have been perfect.

Frisco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Frisco

I agree, Ghost rider was VERY cheesy.

deadpool 1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By deadpool 1

ghost rider would have been good if they got his origin right and less villians.

Avatar image for renegade_lantern
    Renegade Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Renegade Lantern

Daredevil should have been way darker and more gritty

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By WARLOCK2792

Frisco says:

"I agree, Ghost rider was VERY cheesy."
    He kept going, "LOOK INTO MY EYES!" then of course there's the terrible acting. The guy who was wind, I wanted to kill him.
    WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By WARLOCK2792

Halle Berry shouldn't have been anywhere near Catwoman or Storm.

Avatar image for renegade_lantern
    Renegade Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Renegade Lantern

Punisher should have been a lot more bad @$$ too, although I did like the fight between him and that Russian

Jake Malcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By Jake Malcom

i think if directors actually cast people who have read at least a comic (Heath Ledger told a reporter he had never read or heard of the Joker character GRRRRR)

then the movie would be cool. and if hey did do the whole cool factor i think the majority of us would rather a kickass story rather than kick ass CGI am i not right.

im waiting on two movies

Iron Man and Watchmen if they f#$! that up im done

Vulcanmax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Vulcanmax

I am not so sure Marvel did that horrible of a job with their movies. True that Halle Berry vs. Michelle Pfeiffer as Catwoman was just stupid but that was DC if I am not mistaken.

Sure certain movies could have been done better, read Ghost Rider or Dare Devil, but in general compared to their first round out (remember that vague Spiderman back in the 80's or early 90's or the ultra cheesy Generation X with finola hughes trying and miserably failing as Frost) they are doing it way better.

Everybody is a critic springs to mind when most people comment. I am not saying this to rattle anyone's chain but let's face it, Some of these comics have been around for quiet sometime. I myself am in my mid 20's and my all time favorites the X men have been around since 1963. which is to say they have been around for a good two decades before I was even born.

It's a lot of history to cover, as well as a really large cast of just X-men and their sometimes ultra convoluted back stories and to do all of this in let's say two hours?

Moreover we are dealing with people who have bought (or are buying) them or just are over their comic phase (it has been around for over 40 years). From a business perspective I get why they made some changes to the X-men cast and storylines. because f.e. my nephew who is 9 is as if not more of a fan than I am and I have an uncle who is also completely into the entire thing and he is pushing 50. 3 different generations watching a movie that all of us recognized a part of from "our own" continuity. yet served as a perfect introduction to a friend of mine who is now hooked as well. I mean try explaining the past 40 years to someone even without the different continuity's in it.... ouch! another question would an older crowd really go out in throngs to watch a superhero movie.

I mean if you look at DC their first 4 Batman movies sold thou one really wonders at time why, let's face it other than The Joker, Catwoman even Penguin and the Batgadgets those movies didn't really have much going for them. Especially when you compare it to Batman Begins with to me the Best Batman ever. So DC is re-launching the Bat series completely seperate from the first four. That could be an option for Marvel too.

The Marvel team movies are difficult to make because they have large numbers and someone is always overlooked or what not. You also have to introduce them and what they can do or learning to do before you can set them loose on the big bad of that particular movie. Note how FF 2 was better than FF 1?

Vulcanmax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Vulcanmax

I also agree with Malcom.

They should cast people who know what character they are bring to life or at least genuinely want to know about the character. Same as Halle did with Storm before she signed on for number 3 cause she really kicked as in that one.

Jake Malcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jake Malcom

Vulcanmax says:

"I also agree with Malcom.They should cast people who know what character they are bring to life or at least genuinely want to know about the character. Same as Halle did with Storm before she signed on for number 3 cause she really kicked as in that one."

the only reason im seeing The Dark Knight is cause if Bale he in my mind is the perfect Batman

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By WARLOCK2792

I'm still pissed of at that casting decision. How in the world did Halle Berry get that part? I mean seriously. The woman can't even FAKE an accent. Then there's the eyes. Then there's her voice in general. Halle Berry's voice, in my opinion, is not deep enough to be Storm. Storm is beatiful, but her voice is fairly deep/with a Kenyan accent. Halle could hardly command a cat, let alone X-Men.

Jake Malcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Jake Malcom

White Mage says:

"I'm still pissed of at that casting decision. How in the world did Halle Berry get that part? I mean seriously. The woman can't even FAKE an accent. Then there's the eyes. Then there's her voice in general. Halle Berry's voice, in my opinion, is not deep enough to be Storm. Storm is beatiful, but her voice is fairly deep/with a Kenyan accent. Halle could hardly command a cat, let alone X-Men."

i disagree i liked her as storm the accent yes annoying. but i really couldnt see anyone else being storm

but my main thing with he xmen movies was when professor x first started the team they were TEENS not adults

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By WARLOCK2792

Jake Malcom says:

"White Mage says:
    "I'm still pissed of at that casting decision. How in the world did Halle Berry get that part? I mean seriously. The woman can't even FAKE an accent. Then there's the eyes. Then there's her voice in general. Halle Berry's voice, in my opinion, is not deep enough to be Storm. Storm is beatiful, but her voice is fairly deep/with a Kenyan accent. Halle could hardly command a cat, let alone X-Men."
    i disagree i liked her as storm the accent yes annoying. but i really couldnt see anyone else being storm but my main thing with he xmen movies was when professor x first started the team they were TEENS not adults"
    Agree to disagree? Well, one thing that STILL pisses me off is one character.....ROGUE.
    Jake Malcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Jake Malcom

White Mage says:

"Jake Malcom says:
    "White Mage says:
    i disagree i liked her as storm the accent yes annoying. but i really couldnt see anyone else being storm but my main thing with he xmen movies was when professor x first started the team they were TEENS not adults"
    Agree to disagree? Well, one thing that STILL pisses me off is one character.....ROGUE."

lol alright u all saw it she brought it up

alright

HOW THE MOTHER LOVING F#$@ COULD THEY DO ROGUE THAT WAY!!!!!! Rogue is not naieve she is in no way shape of form helpless like the movies part HOW THE F#@$ can they do thay

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By WARLOCK2792

Jake Malcom says:

"White Mage says:
    "Jake Malcom says:
    "White Mage says:
    Agree to disagree? Well, one thing that STILL pisses me off is one character.....ROGUE. "
    lol alright u all saw it she brought it up alright HOW THE MOTHER LOVING F#$@ COULD THEY DO ROGUE THAT WAY!!!!!! Rogue is not naieve she is in no way shape of form helpless like the movies part HOW THE F#@$ can they do thay"
    LOL, a fellow angry fan eh? Well real quick, I'm a guy. Now that that's outta the way, to make matters worse, she was BOY CRAZY during the ENTIRE trilogy. She never got ANY kind of CONFIDENCE or SKILL for that matter. And I didn't even RECOGNIZE Iceman. Wow, some people just don't understand characters at all.
    WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By WARLOCK2792

Who here remembers every member of the hand turning into green gooze? Even the most powerful girl, just turned into green gooze. Elektra, I have one question for you.........why?

Vulcanmax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Vulcanmax

about the casting,

While it is true that the Professor X started them when they were still in his teens the animated series didn't start out with them as teens.

It pretty much started out with just one teen being brought in and showed around and what not. If you look at the premise of most X-men introductions, be it the computer games animated series it was just that.

I would like to have an list of young Hollywood playing these young X-men characters. I don't believe it was miscast, you had key actors playing these roles rather well.

That said.... ROGUE. NOthing aganist the actress who played her but sheesh. Taking one of the most recognized X-men world-wide and doing her like that was just so wrong. I get that they based her on the ultimate universe Rogue it was just wrong. They could have used anyone else for that particular use in that device of Magnus. I remember being completely out of touch with the comic world when I stumble on the movie premiere so imagine my surprise to find that kid playing my favorite X-woman of all time I was heart broken.. that is until I saw Mystique and all was well with the world.

What I found lacking was that the characters didn't really get their moment but I was under the impression that they wanted to sort of make a Star Trek series out of it depending how well it would gross at the box office and then sequentially put a few of the characters in main plot so to speak. Other's that had a good enough pull would be spun off and such f.e. Wolverine own movie bla bla bla.

Spiderman 3 had a very strong cast, dare I say too strong of one, for it but I thought it played out very well.

DD wasn't all that bad but I agree it could have been made darker. I have no idea why everyone trashed Elektra, I did really enjoy that movie but I am biased as I go numb in the brain when I see Jennifer. Besides I thought the hand always kind of went up in smoke.

Ironman I am looking forward to but since it's going back to pretty much the very early days and I am not exactly sure which continuity they are following I am still on the fence.

Heath Ledger taking on one of my favorite comic based villains brought to life by Jack Nicholson irks me as much as Halle taking on Pfeiffer's Catwoman. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Jake Malcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Jake Malcom

White Mage says:

"Jake Malcom says:
    "White Mage says:
    "Jake Malcom says:
    "White Mage says:
    Agree to disagree? Well, one thing that STILL pisses me off is one character.....ROGUE. "
    lol alright u all saw it she brought it up alright HOW THE MOTHER LOVING F#$@ COULD THEY DO ROGUE THAT WAY!!!!!! Rogue is not naieve she is in no way shape of form helpless like the movies part HOW THE F#@$ can they do thay"
    LOL, a fellow angry fan eh? Well real quick, I'm a guy. Now that that's outta the way, to make matters worse, she was BOY CRAZY during the ENTIRE trilogy. She never got ANY kind of CONFIDENCE or SKILL for that matter. And I didn't even RECOGNIZE Iceman. Wow, some people just don't understand characters at all."

i understand what yoursayin entirly

and with Elektra cause both Elektra and Jen are HOTT

Leah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Leah

Renegade Lantern says:

"Daredevil should have been way darker and more gritty"
    Yeah, if only Karen Page had been in it. That would of made it gritty. I'm being sarcastic.
    Post Edited:2007-11-25 16:23:06
    Paragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#28  Edited By Paragon

Regarding Ledger as the Joker, he was give "The Killing Joke" and told that is who he has to be, so in a way, him not knowing the character before, and having only learned of the character through the comic, could lead to a more pure and faithful representation of the character. He is also a talented actor, and Nolan thought he'd be good, so who knows.

As for Iron Man, I'm looking forward to it. It looks to follow the same lines as the 616 continuity, just set in the now. Same guy, different war.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Apparition

White Mage says:

it's deep? i had no idea...

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Apparition

Crimson Orchid says:

"I love Ghost Rider but the movie was just waaayyy too cheesy... They could keep the same actors, but get a better script... "

they should have gotten rid of cage. i thought gr was supposed to be a teenager or maybe in his 20s not some 50 year old guy

Paragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#31  Edited By Paragon

Apparition says:

"White Mage says:

it's deep? i had no idea..."

I think they're using the 90's animated series as a basis for that.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Apparition

Paragon says:

"Apparition says:
    "White Mage says:
    it's deep? i had no idea..."
    I think they're using the 90's animated series as a basis for that."

ahhhh. thanks para!

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33  Edited By zero edge

At least now Marvel has taken it upon themselves to produce the movies themselves.

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34  Edited By Pania

Angela Bassett should have been Storm. End of story.

X-3 was major amounts of cheap suckage in sacrificing character development and a decent single plot for special effects.

And I will jump the gun and say from everything I've been hearing from the Magneto film script, I will want that redone in 2009. It sounds really bad.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Static Shock  Online

Pania says:

"Angela Bassett should have been Storm. End of story."

She ain't beautiful enough, man. LMAO.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Static Shock  Online

White Mage says:

"I'm still pissed of at that casting decision. How in the world did Halle Berry get that part? I mean seriously. The woman can't even FAKE an accent. Then there's the eyes. Then there's her voice in general. Halle Berry's voice, in my opinion, is not deep enough to be Storm. Storm is beautiful, but her voice is fairly deep/with a Kenyan accent. Halle could hardly command a cat, let alone X-Men."

There were other characters in the X-Men movies that were American, but from foreign countries in the comics. Pyro (Austrailian), Colossus (Russian), and Toad (British) were all American in the movie. So, why must Storm be put on a pedestal? If you want an African woman to play her, the same must be said for the other three, with their respective ethnicities.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#37  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Still a better choice than Halle Berry.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By WARLOCK2792

Static Shock says:

"White Mage says:
    "I'm still pissed of at that casting decision. How in the world did Halle Berry get that part? I mean seriously. The woman can't even FAKE an accent. Then there's the eyes. Then there's her voice in general. Halle Berry's voice, in my opinion, is not deep enough to be Storm. Storm is beautiful, but her voice is fairly deep/with a Kenyan accent. Halle could hardly command a cat, let alone X-Men."
    There were other characters in the X-Men movies that were American, but from foreign countries in the comics. Pyro (Austrailian), Colossus (Russian), and Toad (British) were all American in the movie. So, why must Storm be put on a pedestal? If you want an African woman to play her, the same must be said for the other three, with their respective ethnicities. "
    That arguement has only one flaw. The didn't START with foreign accents.
    Rotten gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Rotten gun

i wish hulk had of been good, i was so looking forwrd to it and then it turned into such a drama. i also wish punisher had been made alot meaner... thomas jane was too small and not weathered enough to have played that role

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By WARLOCK2792

Rotten gun says:

"i wish hulk had of been good, i was so looking forwrd to it and then it turned into such a drama. i also wish punisher had been made alot meaner... thomas jane was too small and not weathered enough to have played that role"
    I have to admit, I did like some of the "fight" scenes in Hulk. But that storyline was just........then of course there was the "outline" death.
    Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Forever

fesak says:

"Still a better choice than Halle Berry."

I would have gone for some tall, young unknown.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By WARLOCK2792

Forever says:

"fesak says:
    "Still a better choice than Halle Berry."
    I would have gone for some tall, young unknown."
    Yeah, there are a lot of beautiful black women in the world. Halle ain't the only one. Which is why I think that the directors were so happy that she was beautiful, that they forgot about the movie lines. They should've just gotten someone else.
    Liverwurst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Liverwurst

Honestly, no matter what you say about the X-Men casting, the Professer was cast perfecftly.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By WARLOCK2792

Liverwurst says:

"Honestly, no matter what you say about the X-Men casting, the Professer was cast perfecftly."
    PATRICK STEWART WAS PERFECT! Not to mention he did voice overs and such for the character in different games. Now in cartoons and stuff, they are going to have to get people who can imitate his voice. That was nothing short of brilliant. If only I could've been so lucky with Storm.
    Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Forever

I think Stewart was fine, but I didnt like Cyclops, Wolverine (though he was ok), Rogue, Mystique, and Sabretooth. There may be more I'm forgetting to mention. Though I did think the first two movies were ok.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Forever

Post Deleted.

Avatar image for phoenixsouvenir
    The_Absolute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By The_Absolute

Colt Python says:

"Static Shock says:
    "Pania says:
    She ain't beautiful enough, man. LMAO."
    agreed..and she's damn near 50."
    I have to disagree on that one. For that movie she would have been perfect. She would have come across as a leader/mentor. And Bassett is hot IMO.

But I think the Silver Surfer would be great if done right.

What I can never understand is this: Why does the MPI change things about a property when the people who don't know anything about the character(s) are still going to see the movie and probably like it as they don't have a point of reference to judge it on; as opposed to the fanbase who will notice the changes and either like it or hate it? I understand somethings should be adjusted, but it seems that changes are made just for the kicks. Why put Gwen Stacy in the movie at all? You're doing a disservice to the core fanbase and the Spidey-movies' fans wouldn't know if she was missing? So why put her in it and completely piss on the character. Why give Doom electromagnetic powers (or whatever is was)? It works fine the original way, otherwise the character would be so well loved, so why change it?

And why do they always have the origin as the main story or plotline? For well-established characters the safest thing to do is a flashback. Everyone knows who Spiderman, Batman and/or Superman is, even if they don't know his real name or how he got his powers. So you don't have to re-introduce them as if that's not true. This way you don't butcher the well-known (amongst fans anyway) comic history since the movie would just be a "one-shot special" set to film. Everyone is happy.
    Post Edited:2007-12-06 13:45:10
    Post Edited:2007-12-06 13:45:55
    Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Forever

PhoenixSouvenir says:

"Colt Python says:
    "Static Shock says:
    "Pania says:
    I have to disagree on that one. For that movie she would have been perfect. She would have come across as a leader/mentor. And Bassett is hot IMO. But I think the Silver Surfer would be great if done right. What I can never understand is this: Why does the MPI change things about a property when the people who don't know anything about the character(s) are still going to see the movie and probably like it as they don't have a point of reference to judge it on; as opposed to the fanbase who will notice the changes and either like it or hate it? I understand somethings should be adjusted, but it seems that changes are made just for the kicks. Why put Gwen Stacy in the movie at all? You're doing a disservice to the core fanbase and the Spidey-movies' fans wouldn't know if she was missing? So why put her in it and completely piss on the character. Why give Doom electromagnetic powers (or whatever is was)? It works fine the original way, otherwise the character would be so well loved, so why change it? "

About Storm. To use someone as old as Angela is, you would then be making a similar change to what you mention later on in your post. She would be considerably older then all of the others (and noticably so) when she definitely isn't supposed to be older than Cyclops and Jean. That would seem to be an unneccessary change.

For the second part a lot of changes are made for ease of story. In FF they have an accident that takes place to create four superheroes. How do they work Doom in? Should he be the old college roommate of Reed who just so happens to become a supervillain at the same time that Reed and his friends become super powered themselves? I'm sure they felt that seemed too coincidental, so they tried to have the accident that created the FF create Doom as well. But in doing that, they then had to give him powers. Everyone else got powers from the accident so Doom would have to as well. I dont necessarily agree with the change but that doesnt mean the reason that they made the change wasn't a good one.

Avatar image for phoenixsouvenir
    The_Absolute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By The_Absolute

Forever says:

"PhoenixSouvenir says:
    "Colt Python says:
    "Static Shock says:
    "Pania says:
    I have to disagree on that one. For that movie she would have been perfect. She would have come across as a leader/mentor. And Bassett is hot IMO. But I think the Silver Surfer would be great if done right. What I can never understand is this: Why does the MPI change things about a property when the people who don't know anything about the character(s) are still going to see the movie and probably like it as they don't have a point of reference to judge it on; as opposed to the fanbase who will notice the changes and either like it or hate it? I understand somethings should be adjusted, but it seems that changes are made just for the kicks. Why put Gwen Stacy in the movie at all? You're doing a disservice to the core fanbase and the Spidey-movies' fans wouldn't know if she was missing? So why put her in it and completely piss on the character. Why give Doom electromagnetic powers (or whatever is was)? It works fine the original way, otherwise the character would be so well loved, so why change it? "
    About Storm. To use someone as old as Angela is, you would then be making a similar change to what you mention later on in your post. She would be considerably older then all of the others (and noticably so) when she definitely isn't supposed to be older than Cyclops and Jean. That would seem to be an unneccessary change. For the second part a lot of changes are made for ease of story. In FF they have an accident that takes place to create four superheroes. How do they work Doom in? Should he be the old college roommate of Reed who just so happens to become a supervillain at the same time that Reed and his friends become super powered themselves? I'm sure they felt that seemed too coincidental, so they tried to have the accident that created the FF create Doom as well. But in doing that, they then had to give him powers. Everyone else got powers from the accident so Doom would have to as well. I dont necessarily agree with the change but that doesnt mean the reason that they made the change wasn't a good one."

I see what you're saying but that's why I put it, "for that movie" with a 6'2" Wolverine. But if they wanted to do it right the only character that would haven't require a recasting is Stewart. But with the FF movie: if it wasn't an origin story than it would be easy to work in a megalomanical genius with dreams of world domination, who happened to be Reed's old college buddy. One using their genius for good the other for evil. They wouldn't have to become superhero/supervillain at the same time. Take a look at Superman: the movie. They could have easily intro'ed Doom the same way as Luthor(minus the cheekiness of Luthor). Doom takes their powers and Reed gets them back just in time to save the world . . .or something. It worked in the comics, it would work in the Movie. Sidebar: Jessica Alba is hot, no question, but not the all-american Sue Storm.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Forever

PhoenixSouvenir says:

"I see what you're saying but that's why I put it, "for that movie" with a 6'2" Wolverine. But if they wanted to do it right the only character that would haven't require a recasting is Stewart. But with the FF movie: if it wasn't an origin story than it would be easy to work in a megalomanical genius with dreams of world domination, who happened to be Reed's old college buddy. One using their genius for good the other for evil. They wouldn't have to become superhero/supervillain at the same time. Take a look at Superman: the movie. They could have easily intro'ed Doom the same way as Luthor(minus the cheekiness of Luthor). Doom takes their powers and Reed gets them back just in time to save the world . . .or something. It worked in the comics, it would work in the Movie. Sidebar: Jessica Alba is hot, no question, but not the all-american Sue Storm."

I agree that X-Men had cast problems everywhere except with Stewart.

Your FF premise would work if it wasnt an origin movie. It comes across as far too coincidental that just when these heroes launch their careers, Reed's old college roommate decides to turn evil. They could have done it but people who weren't fans would have had a harder time believing in it. If they had saved Doom for the second movie and had claimed that Victor had heard about their exploits and his jealousy of Richards had been stoked once more, to the point that even though he now ruled his own country he had to come to America and cause the FF trouble, that might have played better. With it being an origin movie that made things difficult.

Youre sidebar is right on. Jessica Alba is tops but I wouldn't have cast her to play Sue Storm. I would have cast Scarlet Johannson before I cast Jessica Alba.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.