Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Marvel Eyeing Vin Diesel

• 158 results
    Dabee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Sign me up for Vin Diesel playing the Vision. The Vision is one of my favorite characters, if not probably my favorite. (I love so many, so it's really hard to just pick one, and it changes all of the time as well! My avatar is the Vision, however.) I think he would totally do the character justice.

As for Thanos, I don't think Vin Diesel looks anything like him. I kid, I kid.

loQ_on

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Bolt. I really wanna see the Inhumans on the big screen. Another part that I believe Diesel could play well would be Ronan the Accuser(who I would also love to see in a movie).

Avatar image for artisticneedham
    ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#103  Edited By ArtisticNeedham

First you need:

No Caption Provided

which means first you need PYM:

No Caption Provided

Mrfuzzynutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#104  Edited By Mrfuzzynutz

@herrweis: yeah...but not Luke Cage black lol

loQ_on

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just a guess & a bit off topic(sorry) but I also think there's a chance Benicio Del Toro could be playing Ronan the Accuser (referring to the my previous post).

ScreamingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By ScreamingGhost

The guys and gals at Marvel have been spot on so far in casting their films. You may feel that so and so might have better in the role but for me they'v nailed the characters so far. I mean before Captain America who would have thought Chris Evans would have worked so well. I don't know who they have Vin in mind for maybe Groot? It'd be odd especially considering his status in Hollywood now but it reminds me of when he played the Iron Giant. We know Thanos is more then likely going to be full motion capture, I'd like for the casting to be less on actual size and an actor who best embodies the role. In the same way how they voice cast for films, tv, and games.

Avatar image for the_brave_family
    The_Brave_Family

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't care how much Marvel continues to deny that they cast Bautista because of his similar structure to Drax in the comics, it's the truth. Like many have said, Vin Diesel would be great in the role, although I think he's more fit for a villain instead.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#108  Edited By Teerack

I would have rather had him as Draks. Him as Vision is a bad choice because I don't think he could make me think Vision is really smart lol.

Avatar image for banestrokelobogrundybatarrow
    BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Dude.... I have never thought of Diesel as Vision love him as an actor but..... WHAAAAAAA???

franceskyhook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By franceskyhook

I'm thinking of a bit further than Vision. He could be a Marvel villain too in future Marvel movies or Phase 3.

Juggernaut (X-Men or Spider-man rival)

The Executioner (Thor storyline)

Dormammu (Doc Strange Movie)

One thing for sure, a bald Marvel character lurking around it.

Vaen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lifeboy said:

"House of idea's"? Please, all they do is copy $ h! T. I bet they release a comic soon with an attached poster inside like DC's from Superman unchained.

First of all, that poster was a terribly inconvenient and expensive idea. Secondly, right. Because it's not like Marvel is destroying DC in films right now with about six to eight different franchises against DC's two (one of which is now done). If Marvel just copied DC, then they wouldn't be winning like they have been for fifty years.

@lifeboy said:

"House of idea's"? Please, all they do is copy $ h! T. I bet they release a comic soon with an attached poster inside like DC's from Superman unchained.

First of all, that poster was a terribly inconvenient and expensive idea. Secondly, right. Because it's not like Marvel is destroying DC in films right now with about six to eight different franchises against DC's two (one of which is now done). If Marvel just copied DC, then they wouldn't be winning like they have been for fifty years.

I really won't get into how many of Marvel's ideas have been pulled directly from DC or other comic book companies over the decades, but the idea that Marvel is crushing DC when it comes to films is pretty laughable. DC films just based on those two franchises alone are sitting at the 3.6 billion mark while Marvel holds a little over 5 billion including Thor, Captain America, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Punisher, Daredevil, Fantastic 4, Wolverine, and their team films with X-men and the Avengers (numbers adjusted for inflation). And while Green Lantern may have been pretty awful, it wasn't anywhere near as bad as Spider-man 3, X-men Origins: Wolverine, X-men: The Last Stand, Daredevil, or either of the Fantastic 4 films. Warner Bros. also has the edge since unlike Disney they own all of the film rights for DC's comic properties while Marvel is missing two of their largest with Spider-Man and the X-men. So the moment they decide to hire solid writers (which they've proven far more capable of than Marvel given writers like Snyder and Johns completely crush garbage like Bendis and Hickman) to pen films for their other properties you'll see their box office numbers inevitably eclipse those of Marvel. Hell, all they'd have to do is release a World's Finest film with just Superman and Batman and I guarantee you'd see higher numbers than the Avengers and any sequels they could throw together, which is what I'm hoping to see before a Justice League film anyway as it makes more sense.

Or35ti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome :D

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
    turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

Bullseye would be my choice

Trevel8182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Cool!

hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think people are underestimating Vin Diesel's current star power. If you're going to pay for Vin Diesel it's for a major role. Someone whose been the lead of so many major blockbusters doesn't come cheap. Which is why I think Vision and some of the other characters are a little far fetched, unless he's just lending some sort of voice talent.

Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Thanos would be cool, Drax would be the obvious choice (but maybe a bit similar to Riddick?), Vision would be so random I couldn't say yes or no

daltonmunnal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By daltonmunnal

@vaen said:

@holuntron said:

@lifeboy said:

@holuntron said:

@lifeboy said:

I really won't get into how many of Marvel's ideas have been pulled directly from DC or other comic book companies over the decades, but the idea that Marvel is crushing DC when it comes to films is pretty laughable. DC films just based on those two franchises alone are sitting at the 3.6 billion mark while Marvel holds a little over 5 billion including Thor, Captain America, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Punisher, Daredevil, Fantastic 4, Wolverine, and their team films with X-men and the Avengers (numbers adjusted for inflation). And while Green Lantern may have been pretty awful, it wasn't anywhere near as bad as Spider-man 3, X-men Origins: Wolverine, X-men: The Last Stand, Daredevil, or either of the Fantastic 4 films. Warner Bros. also has the edge since unlike Disney they own all of the film rights for DC's comic properties while Marvel is missing two of their largest with Spider-Man and the X-men. So the moment they decide to hire solid writers (which they've proven far more capable of than Marvel given writers like Snyder and Johns completely crush garbage like Bendis and Hickman) to pen films for their other properties you'll see their box office numbers inevitably eclipse those of Marvel. Hell, all they'd have to do is release a World's Finest film with just Superman and Batman and I guarantee you'd see higher numbers than the Avengers and any sequels they could throw together, which is what I'm hoping to see before a Justice League film anyway as it makes more sense.

You're numbers are seriously far off, man. The Avengers and Iron Man 3 are the third and fifth highest grossing films of all time. Dark Knight and Rises are at nine and sixteen. Also, all four Spider-Man movies are in the top 50. Sure, Marvel has a much larger output of movies to end up in the top grossing, but frankly we shouldn't even be discussing the films that Marvel sold their rights to before they even actually worked on their own stuff. Spider-Man, Punisher, FF, X-Men, Daredevil, and so on, Marvel really has no control over the quality or success of these franchises.

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#118  Edited By lifeboy

@vaen: wow! That was incredibly well written. Your one of those smart guys ain't you. :)

Keep it up and you are destined to go far in life ;)

sasquatch888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By sasquatch888

@lifeboy said:

@danhimself:

Just right off the top of my head, how about miss america for start...

How about that new title where they ripped off Battle Royale for there avenges comic. They should have been sued...

How about when they stole that raccoon from the StarFox video game? And don't say dc stole Dexstar because they had Captain Carrot and the Zoo Crew way before StarFox cameout...

How about the fact that the vast majority of there comics are avengers and xmen. They can't come up with any original ideas. House of Ideas my @$$.... lol

Ps. I'm sorry I didn't come to fight with you. I just got mad when I saw that "house of ideas" line in the topic.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

rocket raccoon was out way before the Starfox video game rocket raccoon was featured in 1985 with his own series and he first appeared in hulk in 1981 ...so you don't know what you are talking about . Marvel did not steal that idea. Find out information before you make statements about plagiarism. The Starfox video game wasn't out until 1993 plus marvel already has a character called Starfox that first appeared in Captain marvel in 1973 20 years before Nintendo released the video game Starfox ...he was even a member of the avengers for years ...maybe Nintendo copied.

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#120  Edited By lifeboy

@sasquatch888: I guess your right. I don't read marvel.. I have better things to do like read DC or Dynamite or not read comics at all...

I'm going to back out of this posting now because I shouldn't have even posted anything. Like I said, I just got angry reading that "house of idea's" line... bye

sasquatch888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lifeboy said:

@sasquatch888: I guess your right. I don't read marvel.. I have better things to do like read DC or Dynamite or not read comics at all...

I'm going to back out of this posting now because I shouldn't have even posted anything. Like I said, I just got angry reading that "house of idea's" line... bye

no worries im a dc guy too and i love dynamite

Thelightprince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#122  Edited By Thelightprince

im liking the absorbing man idea.

ThomasElliot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With the direction of movies Marvel's head to now, I don't think there's any way to predict who he could be. I mean, back when Capt A and Thor and Iron Man 2 came out, did anyone think there would be a Guardians MOVIE? Probably not. NOw that they are doing GotG... well, all gloves are off. Diesel could be just about anyone... from Punisher to Namor to The Watcher.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By flameboy298

I find all of this a Big Joke

queenfrost_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

He won't be Luke Cage...People really don't understand the importance of minority casting do they?

ScarletBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He could be the voice of Rocket Raccoon.

ScarletBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He won't be Luke Cage...People really don't understand the importance of minority casting do they?

[sarcasm]But Johnny Storm is going to be Black! It's only fair that a Black character is made white!!![/sarcasm]

Seriously, there is no way in hell they are casting a white guy as Luke Cage.

Mutant4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can imagine him playing as Deadpool

Avatar image for beast_in_the_shadows
    Beast_in_the_Shadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I don't see him playing any of the really brainy characters that well. Not to say his is dumb, but his diction is always a bit slurred so I don't think him playing a scientist or an android are either good fits for him. If they had plans for a new Punisher he'd be a good choice. And if Marvel had rights to the Spider-man movies I'd say he'd make a perfect Tombstone.

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#130  Edited By SideburnGuru

Can we stop putting crappy summer action movie actors as developed characters? Please? Just put them in as some random thug, because that's all their acting skills limit them to.

Avatar image for thatonekidwholikescomics
    ThatOneKidWhoLikesComics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It just doesn't look right. Make him Drax. Terry Crews would be better Luke Cage than anyone I could imagine.

Green ankh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

Please no. I can't stand him

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
    Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Guardiandevil83

@greenstone: Wannabe? Dude was a real life Bouncer at one of the most Notorious Hip Hop clubs in New York, and admitted to getting in to fights there all the time. He was also a Bit of a trouble maker. He is 100% authentic Badass.

Avatar image for larrydajewbagsummers
    LarryDaJewbagSummers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vin Diesel should play a character named Cable. At least that is what I think. I've always felt, growing up on these comics in the 80s and 90s, that a movie about Cable was inevitable because of how important he was when he first debuted. He's an amazing character, my brother's favorite when we were kids. However, to do a movie about Cable, a movie about X-Force would be necessary and a lot of other movies need to be made prior to the debut of this character. Cable is, though, a time traveller. They can simply introduce the character in another movie's plot due to his time-traveling ability. I personally feel it would be better if someone LIKE the guy that played Thor would be Cable, because that is how Cable looks like in the comics due to Rob Liefeld's drawings of him. BUT, VIn Diesel plays anti-heros and Cable is a perfect anti-hero. Vin seems like a great fit, outside of the facial look necessary to be Cable. And that Vin has no hair, let alone white/silver hair. But that is my personal opinion. If Marvel is looking to give him another role, I hope some money-hungry whore at Marvel and Disney (gotta love Hollywood and the people that are attracted to it, rather than working a factory job or manual labor job) reads this post and doesn't plan another role for him but Cable. But patience is not a virtue of the people that run Hollywood.

MYadidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vin Diesel is a proper fan boy and oh yeah he's awesome!!!! I never thought of this but it makes sense.

Arkhamc1tizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 33

please not vision

Omegus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@chaos_burn: agreed if I had to bet I would bet on Drax then anything.

daredeville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#138  Edited By daredeville

@batmanikk said:

He might make a suitable DareDevil. I hope it's tht because he really needs a re-boot

Thank the lord you are not a casting director. I can not think of a more off-the-mark casting for Daredevil.

I'd say a lot of people are off the mark with their casting ideas for Vin as well. Vision is just a weird choice for him. I know he has more acting ability than we see in Fast & Furious... Iron Giant, Saving Private Ryan, and Boiler Room shows some decent chops, and Pitch Black some good action stuff, but there are way better unknowns out there.

He could work for Groot, Absorbing Man, Drax, and Thanos, but the more sensitive and subtle characters are not the best fit. Utilize his voice, his most distinguishing feature.

daredeville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@hexthis said:

Marvel, in all honesty, is somewhat stupid about casting when it comes to their own studio. They approached Scarlett Johanssen for Iron Man 2 but just for an unspecified female role, they wanted to work with her but tailored a role around her which is an awful idea. They floated Moonstone and the Scarlet Witch by her but ultimately decided on Black Widow. She does a sufficient job as Black Widow but not necessarily amazing in any way the way RDJr is as Iron Man.

I imagine it's something just as boulder-headed when it comes to Vin Diesel. "Hey Vin, the 18-45 male age bracket likes you so we do too. What role do you want to play?" - so silly.

Is that how they went about it for Scarlett...? That's not how you cast roles. Story first, then find out who would best portray the characters (irrespective of how famous they are), then cast them. Nina Gold (casting director of Game of Thrones) should cast everything – she gets it right.

I agree Scarlett is sufficient, but not as great as Black Widow could be. Avengers gave her a lot more room to work with Natasha, but still lacking something.

In any case, I wouldn't be surprised if this were casting for Guardians of the Galaxy, because all of the casting in that has been kinda wonky. Strange choices all around. Zoe Saladena as Gamora seems to be the most appropriate casting in the entire film so far. Hopefully this is for Vin as Groot or Thanos, which I think would be decent choices. But who knows, at this rate they may cast him as Moondragon.

EscGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By EscGamer

I'm sorry but if anyone should play Luke Cage it's Dwayne Johnson. He can definitely pull it off, not Vin

MrSparkle79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By MrSparkle79

I'm out.

herrweis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrfuzzynutz: haha..maybe not but he is still a brother.when you look at it he is like one of the very few action heros that are black.I also think he would be good as Drax

Avatar image for stayclassymarvel
    StayclassyMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sidious said:

Would rather he play Drax. you know, the redesign that's based on Riddick?

Avatar image for electricgypsy72
    electricgypsy72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since they just signed Downey for big $$ to star in Avengers 2 and 3, I think they are looking for deeper Avengers/Marvel Universe characters. I think of possibilities like Taskmaster, Hercules, Silver Surfer, Wonder Man (if he grows out some hair), or Beast (if they grow him some CG hair). He's a good candidate. He has action movie experience, his movie Q is still strong thanks to the F&F series. Can't wait to see what they do with him.

Also, since everyone was talking about Luke Cage, I really want Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. I know he is Samoan, instead of African-American, but I love his personality and his body shape fits the comics. He could really pull off the combo of smart-ass/bad-ass that the character has had in the Bendis Era.

Spideress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I could see him as Ares or Crusher Kreel.

Hanson724

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He may be able to look like a lot of people but he is the worst actor ever! And then Channing Tatum.They shouldn't let Vin Diesel near any Marvel or DC movie ever. Or Channing Tatum.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#148  Edited By PowerHerc

@sidious said:

Would rather he play Drax. you know, the redesign that's based on Riddick?

This. I could definitely see Diesel as Drax the Destroyer before I could picture him as the Vision.

SlamAdams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 59

Vision sounds like a bad idea. I could see him as Ronan the Accuser though (rumored to be in Guardians of the Galaxy). Otherwise, I think he could make an awesome Blade, who is very similar to Riddick, which is probably Vin's best role (even if Chronicles sucked)

Avatar image for daviegourevitch
    daviegourevitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's definitely gonna play demolition man in Avengers 2

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.