Marvel Characters, You would love to see back and used more!

• 75 results
#1 Posted by Purgy (419 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok now here's something i gotta ask and would love to hear unless this kind of topic have been already done before.

But like this topic states and it's dealing with any Marvel Characters and we all know how many characters Marvel really have, alot down to background, fade away, or just been killed off but we know that don't always last.

But give me a list of Marvel Characters you would love to see make a comeback.

#2 Posted by Nudeviking (479 posts) - - Show Bio

NFL Superpro! Now, more than ever, we need his bumbling super heroics. Think how much better something like Fear Itself would have been if NFL Superpro was there to lead the charge!

In all honesty, the 13 year old in me would like to see some of the Ultraverse characters come back, but I don't know if Marvel still owns the rights to them or not.

#3 Posted by Katie24 (488 posts) - - Show Bio

Nomad (Rikki Barnes)

Gertrude Yorkes

#4 Posted by webofthornns (670 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Knight and Monica Rambeau are the two i want to see the most, oh and Winter Guard, esp Darkstar

#5 Posted by TheRedRobin96 (334 posts) - - Show Bio

Firelord...such an interesting character that is rarely if ever used!

#6 Posted by Deadcool (6811 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Hank Pym: he is used, but I want him to be used in a respectful way, as they do with Reed Richards, he is a FOUNDING AVENGER MEMBER!!
  2. Captain Britain: I want a solo comic with him in.
  3. Machine Man: I loved him in Nextwave, and He was so cool in Earth X, why they don't use him anymore?
  4. Shocker: Do you remember when Shocker was cool? Yeah, me neither, all Spider-man villains got updates but him, that is just sad, I like the Shcoker.
  5. Blade: What happened to that guy?

Those are all the characters that come to my mind.

#7 Posted by Purgy (419 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nudeviking said:

NFL Superpro! Now, more than ever, we need his bumbling super heroics. Think how much better something like Fear Itself would have been if NFL Superpro was there to lead the charge!

In all honesty, the 13 year old in me would like to see some of the Ultraverse characters come back, but I don't know if Marvel still owns the rights to them or not.

I remember him, man i kind of fell old now. Going for some muntants like Feral and some of the Alcoyltes

#8 Posted by Purgy (419 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deadcool said:

1. Hank Pym: he is used, but I want him to be used in a respectful way, as they do with Reed Richards, he is a FOUNDING AVENGER MEMBER!!
  2. Captain Britain: I want a solo comic with him in.
  3. Machine Man: I loved him in Nextwave, and He was so cool in Earth X, why they don't use him anymore?
  4. Shocker: Do you remember when Shocker was cool? Yeah, me neither, all Spider-man villains got updates but him, that is just sad, I like the Shcoker.
  5. Blade: What happened to that guy?

Those are all the characters that come to my mind.

All those i agree with, and Blade they can still use him, hell Vampires are such a rage this year, also Shocker does need a upgrade, Captain Britian i love him on MI13.

#9 Posted by clemj (817 posts) - - Show Bio

firelord, blade, monica rambeau,Shocker and MI-13 ( a solo comic)

#10 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
Genis-Vell. And I wish PAD would write him again.
#11 Posted by Prodigy P (158 posts) - - Show Bio

Brother Voodoo: Sorcerer Supreme!

#12 Posted by hectorsquall (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

Patrick Mulligan brought back with the Toxin symbiote. That was a really interesting (but underused) character and the dynamic between Pat and the symbiote had a lot of potential. Killing him off-panel was a really bad move and I just hope that we can see him again.

#13 Posted by Enosisik (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

Obnoxio the Clown  and I want Thundetbird resurrected . There's a ton of old D list and one shot villains that I'd like to comeback in bigger roles.

#14 Posted by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

Ditto on Machine Man

#15 Posted by Ms. Omega (4472 posts) - - Show Bio

Blue Marvel

#16 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@Katie24 said:

Nomad (Rikki Barnes)

Dead.

@Katie24 said:

Gertrude Yorkes

Dead.

@webofthornns said:

Darkstar

Dead.

@Purgy said:

Feral

Dead.

@Morpheus_ said:

Genis-Vell.

Dead.

@Prodigy P said:

Dead.

@hectorsquall said:

Patrick Mulligan brought back with the Toxin symbiote.

Dead.

@Enosisik said:

Thundetbird

Dead.

@IrishX said:

Ursa Major.

Dead.

xP

#17 Edited by IrishX (2377 posts) - - Show Bio
@X35: Good thing there's no such thing in comics. BTW, what issue did Ursa die in? Last I remember seeing he was in a russian prison. 

Edit: So it appears that in ASM 676 the Sinister Six take out the WInter Guard? I don't read Spidey so I'm not sure.
#18 Posted by Billy Batson (58031 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35:

@Deadcool said:

1. Machine Man: I loved him in Nextwave, and He was so cool in Earth X, why they don't use him anymore?

Isn't he appearing in the current Hulk book?
BB

#19 Posted by Enosisik (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

Um The thread starter said dead or alive.....

#20 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

I wuz jus' trollin'

#21 Posted by Enosisik (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok..

#22 Posted by Deadcool (6811 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson:

I don't read the Hulk, is it any good?

#23 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14698 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deadcool said:

@Billy Batson:

I don't read the Hulk, is it any good?

you should see this.....

#24 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

Mar-Vell and Genis -dead, I would like to see more Blue Marvel

#25 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8112 posts) - - Show Bio

@hectorsquall said:

Patrick Mulligan brought back with the Toxin symbiote. That was a really interesting (but underused) character and the dynamic between Pat and the symbiote had a lot of potential. Killing him off-panel was a really bad move and I just hope that we can see him again.

#26 Edited by FuriousWeasel (90 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to see these following characters more and also written at the power levels that their repective 'feats' have previously hinted at.

Hercules, Quasar, Nova, Firelord, Sasquatch, Captain Britain, Chamber, Citizen V, TheClandestine, Maverick, Solo, Shroud.

#27 Posted by Purgy (419 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35 said:

@Katie24 said:

Nomad (Rikki Barnes)

Dead.

@Katie24 said:

Gertrude Yorkes

Dead.

@webofthornns said:

Darkstar

Dead.

@Purgy said:

Feral

Dead.

@Morpheus_ said:

Genis-Vell.

Dead.

@Prodigy P said:

Dead.

@hectorsquall said:

Patrick Mulligan brought back with the Toxin symbiote.

Dead.

@Enosisik said:

Thundetbird

Dead.

@IrishX said:

Ursa Major.

Dead.

xP

Well no one stay dead in comic for long. XD

#28 Posted by Nudeviking (479 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deadcool: Isn't Machine Man in some kind of Marvel Zombies books with Howard the Duck now? I haven't bought the most recent series, but I know he was in the last one.

#29 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7870 posts) - - Show Bio

Blob

Rhino

#30 Posted by Deadcool (6811 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkKnightDetective: That pretty much says everything.

@Nudeviking said:

@Deadcool: Isn't Machine Man in some kind of Marvel Zombies books with Howard the Duck now? I haven't bought the most recent series, but I know he was in the last one.

Damn... Marvel Zombies is in the list of things that I promised to myself to never read again.

#31 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

Ghost Rider (Danny Ketch)

Blade/Nightstalkers (cause Hannibal King needs more love)

Magic users who aren't named Strange.

#32 Posted by NyxEquitis (401 posts) - - Show Bio

It is pretty surprising that Blade has been terribly underused, especially considering how popular vampires are right now.

Anyway, The Eternals deserve a good ongoing, cool concept and great characters when done right.(i.e. Gaiman's run, even though they weren't aware of their abilities for a while..)

#33 Posted by Delphic (1470 posts) - - Show Bio

Blade

#34 Posted by SupremeHyperion (1527 posts) - - Show Bio

Squadron Supreme (Hyperion deserves to be shown off), Showcase the Heralds of Galactus (all of them), Jack of Hearts, Black Adam needs to be everywhere. Icon and Static should be used more by DC most definitely.

#35 Posted by daredevil21134 (11860 posts) - - Show Bio

Blade

#36 Posted by FuriousWeasel (90 posts) - - Show Bio

Squadron Supreme (Earth 712)

What happened to Red Norvell?

#37 Posted by spawn_123 (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry

#38 Posted by Redberry (797 posts) - - Show Bio

The entire cast of Young Avengers. I want their own series.

#39 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

Sleepwalker was awesome

#40 Posted by FuriousWeasel (90 posts) - - Show Bio

@spawn_123: Agreed but with a better origin to his powers.

#41 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio

Cosmic

• Nova
  • Starlord
  • Rocket Raccoon and Groot
  • Cosmo the Dog
  • Thanos
  • Silver Surfer
  • The New Guardians of the Galaxy
  • Darkhawk

Earth-based

• Stingray
  • US Agent
#42 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ms. Omega said:

Blue Marvel

and cloak &dagger.

#43 Posted by MadRooster81 (182 posts) - - Show Bio

Havok. Always been a fan of the other Summers brother.

#44 Posted by Katie24 (488 posts) - - Show Bio

I would also like to have Stature come back.

#45 Posted by ExtraLarge (243 posts) - - Show Bio

Gauntlet, Squadron Supreme, the original Guardians of the Galaxy, Quasar, Black Knight, Diamondback, D-Man, Ultra Girl, Masters of Evil. Also Thunderbolts (I miss them already)

#46 Posted by Tatsu666 (159 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Britain and Marvel UK

#47 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6304 posts) - - Show Bio

Monica Rambeau. She's had a few appearances recently in Captain Marvel and Age Of Ultron, but I'd like to see her as a prominent, full-time member of a team, or in her own series if possible.

#48 Edited by tigerkaya (1262 posts) - - Show Bio

Stingray

Nova (Rider)

Magic users not Strange

Ghaur

Suma Ket

Photon

Rick Jones

Genesis

The Blood Brothers

Firestar

Monica Rappaccini

Songbird

Mach lV

#49 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4579 posts) - - Show Bio

Monica Rambeau. She's had a few appearances recently in Captain Marvel and Age Of Ultron, but I'd like to see her as a prominent, full-time member of a team, or in her own series if possible.

of the Avengers? I'd love that!

these are probably the characters I'd most like to see more of. I know Falcon's on the Avengers right now, but I'd still like to see him have a larger role. And Hercules and Monica not being around just seems like a ridiculous oversight to me.

#50 Posted by Jamm313 (28 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love to see a Cloak and Dagger book or at least have them in an existing series, and I have to agree with @oldnightcrawler Monica Rambeau is a character who should be used frequently, especially since marvel is really pushing there female heroes.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.