Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Marvel Announces PLANET HULK for Summer 2015

• 102 results
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Marvel has made a bunch of announcements that the summer of 2015 will have connections to some of Marvel's iconic stories, including SECRET WARS, CIVIL WAR, AGE OF ULTRON VS MARVEL ZOMBIES, and YEARS OF FUTURE PAST (based off of Days of Future Past). Now, Marvel announces PLANET HULK, which shares the same name as Greg Pak's iconic run on INCREDIBLE HULK.

No Caption Provided

Aside from the image, that's about all the info we have at this time. Obviously, this isn't the same Planet Hulk story fans remember, since Devil Dinosaur and Captain America were not involved. We'll have more information about these mystery events as they develop. What do you guys think about this?

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By micah007123

That looks awesome. What the heck is Marvel planning??? Also prepare for the "Marvel has run out of ideas" jokes and statements from the same people over and over again trying to look cool.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@micah said:

That looks awesome. What the heck is Marvel planning. Also prepare for the "Marvel has run out of ideas" jokes and statements from the same people over and over again.

x1000000000000000

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By kidchipotle

Marvel has something awesome planned, I can feel it it.

No Caption Provided

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I might drop Marvel completely, not that they are doing bad writing, I just do not have the money to keep up with these constant events.... Oh well, Valiant is now going to be the only books I pick up.

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have to admit, that is a bad ass picture of Cap.

Avatar image for timelordscience
    TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dman1366: it's become pretty obvious that it's all one event.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Wait I just realised the Hulk on the far left is a Hulked out Hulk Hogan. Good one Marvel, I'll give you credit there.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@meatwadf said:

Damn strait

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@timelordscience: I never said that it wasn't. Between Infinity, Inhuman, Original Sin, AXIS, and now this upcoming one, it has just become to bothersome to try and keep up.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

What do you guys think is next? The Kree/Skrull war? The Dark Phoenix Saga? Secret Invasion?

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meatwadf said:

Damn strait

Something is up. They have got to have something crazy planned, and I bet it ties into Secret War.

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By meatwadf

What do you guys think is next? The Kree/Skrull war? The Dark Phoenix Saga? Secret Invasion?

I'm hoping for something cosmic, so yeah, Kree/Skrull, Dark Phoenix, or Annihilation would be interesting.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee: I don't understand the point of that gif, why would anyone here be jealous of Marvel for making a book? better yet how could any of us be jealous since I doubt very few people here run their own comic publishing company?

I stand perplexed I say!

@meatwadf said:

@captainmarvel4ever said:

@meatwadf said:

Damn strait

Something is up. They have got to have something crazy planned, and I bet it ties into Secret War.

My money is on a reboot, with all the success Marvel has had in popular media, they probably want to make their comics super new reader friendly, but before that they want to go out with a bang.

DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I'm really interested to see what this leads to.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel are rebooting...

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee: I don't understand the point of that gif, why would anyone here be jealous of Marvel for making a book? better yet how could any of us be jealous since I doubt very few people here run their own comic publishing company?

I stand perplexed I say!

@meatwadf said:

@meatwadf said:

Damn strait

My money is on a reboot, with all the success Marvel has had in popular media, they probably want to make their comics super new reader friendly, but before that they want to go out with a bang.

Same here. I have a crazy theory that they may try and shoo the X-books off onto their own universe, if they do a reboot. They would never cancel them, but I could see them maybe putting the mutants off on their own, and making the Inhumans the "mutants" of the main Marvel U. Crazy I know, but I just have this odd feeling they have some weird plan for the mutants, what with them and their problems with the Fox deal.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really? Another recycled event.......

Beata

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By micah007123

@meatwadf said:

@amazingwebhead said:

I'm hoping for something cosmic, so yeah, Kree/Skrull, Dark Phoenix, or Annihilation would be interesting.

I'm starting to feel they will retell all of their influential/popular stories either in one-shots or miniseries with radical changes and updates, and have them be part of the new canon if we get a reboot. Which would be a smart way to keep the core stories that made the Marvel universe intact if they don't want to start from scratch.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I stand perplexed I say!

@meatwadf said:

@meatwadf said:

Damn strait

I bet they will just have another Ultimate universe thing. Where writers can make their own continuity without having to follow the 616 stuff.

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:

@meatwadf said:

@amazingwebhead said:

I'm starting to feel they will retell all of their influential/popular stories either in one-shots or miniseries with radical changes and updates, and have them be part of the new canon if we get a reboot. Which would be a smart way to keep the core stories that made the Marvel universe intact if they don't want to start from scratch.

I genuinely love that idea. That was my biggest problem about the New 52, is that everything seemed so nebulous for awhile about what was still in, and what wasn't in canon. That would be a really efficient and elegant way to handle it.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I stand perplexed I say!

Lol, I just needed a place to post it XD

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meatwadf said:

I stand perplexed I say!

@meatwadf said:

@meatwadf said:

Damn strait

Same here. I have a crazy theory that they may try and shoo the X-books off onto their own universe, if they do a reboot. They would never cancel them, but I could see them maybe putting the mutants off on their own, and making the Inhumans the "mutants" of the main Marvel U. Crazy I know, but I just have this odd feeling they have some weird plan for the mutants, what with them and their problems with the Fox deal.

Same here, I could imagine something like character such as Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, and any other mutants that Disney owns becoming Inhumans in a new universe. Also I imagine if they do reboot, the new universe is going to look quite a bit like the MCU.

Randomtask

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is all gonna be part of Hickman's Secret Wars event and Marvel will probably use it as an excuse to clean the continuity slightly, maybe stick Miles Morales in the main universe. Crisis On Marvel's Earths. Also they're making figures I think so will just shoehorn in lots of alternate version of characters so they can make more designs.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
    deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee: lol :)

@dman1366: Maybe they will do what Marvel's doing with the Star Wars books, make a new comic line that is completly conected to/centered around the MCU.

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meatwadf said:

I stand perplexed I say!

@meatwadf said:

@meatwadf said:

Damn strait

Same here, I could imagine something like character such as Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, and any other mutants that Disney owns becoming Inhumans in a new universe. Also I imagine if they do reboot, the new universe is going to look quite a bit like the MCU.

Totally. Plus, I could see them taking notes from the films in terms of characterization and personality (like Stark).

saoakden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I was close on my guess. Yesterday I guessed World War Hulk would be the next announcement.

MiniSaladFresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm only a casual reader of Marvel, seems to me like 2015 is going to be so full of events I don't think I'm going to be able to keep up with it. Looks like 2015 is a DC only year for me :/

slade_wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Coming Next Summer. One More Day, Kraven's Actual Last Hunt and Gwen Stacy Dies Again

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meatwadf: Exactly, Tony Stark will essentially become Robert Downey Jr. Nick Fury will have always been a Sam Jackson look alike, instead of being his sidekick, Bucky was Cap's best friend growing up, Hank Pym will be an old man, Thor and the Asgardians will no longer tie into magic, and instead be an alternative type of sci-fi, and undoubtedly Loki will be Tom Hiddleston :)

lagozzino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

I get this is all just a tease and Marvel is only making these rehash announcements to hype up the main Summer 2015 event, but I honestly think they're doing more harm than good. Between the general "event fatigue" that people are experiencing, and the stupid reboot rumors, these vague "Hey look, we're redoing a classic event" announcements aren't doing much besides annoying people.

Sometimes just directly saying what the plan is will do a lot more to get people interested than trying to manufacture some mystery about it.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By micah007123

@meatwadf said:

@micah said:

@meatwadf said:

@amazingwebhead said:

I genuinely love that idea. That was my biggest problem about the New 52, is that everything seemed so nebulous for awhile about what was still in, and what wasn't in canon. That would be a really efficient and elegant way to handle it.

Same here, I like the New 52 now but that was my biggest problem when they started and would only give vague hints about what was canon or not. On the other hand I would love for Marvel to start from scratch with the new Star Wars canon, and introduce some classic expanded universe stuff. Possibly introduce Starkiller at some point as Vader's assassin :)

DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I get this is all just a tease and Marvel is only making these rehash announcements to hype up the main Summer 2015 event, but I honestly think they're doing more harm than good. Between the general "event fatigue" that people are experiencing, and the stupid reboot rumors, these vague "Hey look, we're redoing a classic event" announcements aren't doing much besides annoying people.

Sometimes just directly saying what the plan is will do a lot more to get people interested than trying to manufacture some mystery about it.

Are you kidding? All press is good press, and these little hints are drumming up a lot of excitement.

Zarathos022

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#35  Edited By Zarathos022

Hmmm... A literal planet of Hulks, Captain America with a battle ax, and Devil Dinosaur. I guess Marvel can still come up with good ideas after all.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

too many events marvel has me confused.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

#37  Edited By amazing_webhead
    @micah said:

@meatwadf said:

@micah said:

@meatwadf said:

@amazingwebhead said:

Same here, I like the New 52 now but that was my biggest problem when they started and would only give vague hints about what was canon or not. On the other hand I would love for Marvel to start from scratch with the new Star Wars canon, and introduce some classic expanded universe stuff. Possibly introduce Starkiller at some point as Vader's assassin :)

That would be pretty cool

lagozzino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

@drellassassin: Not denying that some people are excited, but I've seen it mainly drum up dread and irritation. Not saying the actual plan for all this won't be a good one (because we actually have no idea what the plan is so ergo there's not really anything to judge yet), its just that teasing a summer full of rehash events at a time when the main criticism of Marvel (and comics in general) is that they keep rehashing events is maybe not the smartest marketing plan.

Ando123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The multiverse is in big trouble

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
    Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is no such thing as bad publicity.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#41  Edited By Captain13
    Marvel 2015: Time Travel
    Marvel 2015: Time Travel

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By meatwadf

@captainmarvel4ever: One of my best friends would probably throw a brick through a window, if that happened. Lmao

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah: They had best bring Jaxxor back, or I will leave an upper decker in Alex Alonso's terlet.

Avatar image for spacemanspiff85
    spacemanspiff85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm just betting it has to do with ending the Incursions. They've already shown several alternate Earths, so maybe ending them will require travelling through different times on this Earth or something. Or maybe the last Incursion affects this Earth throughout all time, so each of these events will be revisited as the characters during the event to deal with the Incursion.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I guess Doc Green failed.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

My guess is that all these events aren't "happening again" but are all small parts to an actual event. I don't think Marvel is going to reboot though. Maybe a soft reboot for certain characters but I don't think they are going to hard reboot the way DC does.

Perhaps they are looking to expand into more Marvel multiverse titles, the way the Ultimate universe started or how DC uses Earth 2. One linking cataclysmic event to introduce all these other worlds and immediately familiarize us with them.

Probably not, but hey it could be cool.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Damn DC and Marvel are in love with time travel and multiverses.

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By micah007123

@meatwadf said:

@micah: They had best bring Jaxxor back, or I will leave an upper decker in Alex Alonso's terlet.

LOL yes, I would love for Jaxxor to come back.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.