Marvel Anime Trailers Debut At Comic-Con

• 118 results
Posted by G-Man (29408 posts) - - Show Bio

These trailers have premiered yesterday at Comic-Con.  Thanks to my lovely internet connection at the hotel, I wasn't able to upload these.  I saw that they've been posted in the comments for John's live blog article.  I like seeing videos in our high res player so here we go:

What do you think?  Something you'd want to see?  Are you open to the re-interpretation or do you think it's a bad idea?
Staff
#1 Posted by Overmax (23 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man looks daaaaamn good.
Wolverine is gonna make alot of people very very mad.......

#2 Posted by TheHood (154 posts) - - Show Bio

The Iron Man one doesn't look THAT bad. The Wolverine one, however... made me throw up a little.

#3 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14026 posts) - - Show Bio

iron man has potential the suit but at the begging is brilliant , wolverine make me very unhappy if he looked like patch wolverine i could deal with it but the look in that clip both offended and disgusted me lol

#4 Edited by xerox_kitty (15760 posts) - - Show Bio

The Iron Man looks superb... probably because they haven't done much 're-imagining' on the actual suit design.  I have to admit, I'm not hugely crazy on the Wolverine redesign.  If I want a beautifully animated series about a guy who kills demons, then I'd rewatch Devil May Cry (also by MadHouse).  Still, I'm sure I will watch it when it comes out.  I really like MadHouse's work so I'll check it out...

@Overmax said: 
" Wolverine is gonna make alot of people very very mad....... "
Yeah, I thought that just from looking at the poster.  I don't think people will be open to the different look or feel to it.
#5 Posted by Decept-O (7270 posts) - - Show Bio

WOW for the Iron Man!  The Wolverine?  Well, I don't know.   Nicely done from what I can tell, yeah I'm open to this interpretation for the Iron Man at least. 

#6 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

Those actually look pretty awesome!

#7 Posted by reaper2923 (2778 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks terrible like Batman Gotham Knight terrible, why do they insist on trying to combine the two it always looks stupid.

#8 Posted by LassieOfDoom (45 posts) - - Show Bio

if uwe boll and the guy who thought making movies based on books of stephen king was a good idea got married and had a baby, marvel anime would be the baby's evil side..
no, serious, wtf? I mean the iron man trailer looked... acceptable, but is it so hard to make an anime character look small and badass instead of tall and sissy? wolverine looks like if my niece could beat the crap outta him. jeez, i gotta stop here before i start getting angry bout this... oh, by the way, i think it's not really a good idea, i wouldnt want to watch it

#9 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio
@reaper2923 said:
" This looks terrible like Batman Gotham Knight terrible, why do they insist on trying to combine the two it always looks stupid. "
I like Gotham Knight. It wasn't my favorite animated movie, but it was cool seeing Batman done in a different way.
#10 Posted by Pheeke (198 posts) - - Show Bio

thanx, but no i just don't swing that way ;)

#11 Posted by reaper2923 (2778 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody:
Watching that movie left bad taste in mouth...
#12 Posted by Jotham (4564 posts) - - Show Bio

I am a bit perplexed but interested. I don't see a downside to new iron-man and wolverine movies, even if they look different and anime-ey.

#13 Posted by onenar (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverines character design is just BAD.

#14 Posted by Acer (14412 posts) - - Show Bio

They both look sick.

#15 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio

Irom Man looks great, but Wolverine  just looks drastically different. He looks like he just has a BAD mullet! lol

#16 Posted by SUNMAN (6902 posts) - - Show Bio

Ironman looks okay I am a little worried about the villains/story line but it is too soon to judge

Wolverine on the other hand............... AWH @%$@#@$ NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You gotta be kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#17 Posted by Secret Identity (223 posts) - - Show Bio

That is the best looking wolverine i've ever seen. It couldn't be any more cheesey-steriotypical-anime if it tried but still, might be worth a watch if only for a giggle. Iron man looks..... odd.... its a very strange look. Everything looks very anime, except iron man himself. Again might give it a go.

Now bring on the Fantastic four, Dr Strange and Guardians of the Galaxy. THEY would work well as animes.

#18 Posted by passionfruits (128 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheHood said:
" The Iron Man one doesn't look THAT bad. The Wolverine one, however... made me throw up a little. "
I second the throw up!

Are they really serious with this?
#19 Posted by KasadyCarnage (319 posts) - - Show Bio

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#20 Posted by Omg chris (1607 posts) - - Show Bio

they look cool

#21 Posted by celestialheroin (349 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron looks alright i want to know storyline first before i judge

Wolverine looks really  bad
#22 Posted by LastSon1027 (516 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love to see what Blade looks like.

#23 Posted by Wizarda (15 posts) - - Show Bio
@onenar said:
" Wolverines character design is just BAD. "
Took the word out of my mouth(keyboard)

I liked the Iron man trailer,and I think it may turn out to be very good.But the Wolverine vs some ancient japanese demon-like thing is just strange.Also he is not even close to the look of Logan,to be honest he looks like something that came out of the Hellsing anime
#24 Posted by Nahero (9915 posts) - - Show Bio

these are so awesome and unbelievably kick ass ive always wanted to see wolverine kill demons wish come true and he has long hair and lacks side burns or mutten chops i can accept that cuz anime transformation of course are gonna be drastic unlike the mangaverse so im with it 

#25 Posted by pixelized (62881 posts) - - Show Bio

I approve 

#26 Posted by E.I.S.A.M. (369 posts) - - Show Bio

(While watching the wolverine trailer) "What the hell's going on!?!"

The Iron Man one looks pretty cool. I'm going to assume the girl with green hair is Pepper Potts, or some sort of stand in character for her.... The green hair's a bit different, but on a scale of 1 to 100, it's nothing but a 2 on the complain-o scale. I have no idea who the pirate fighting Iron Man is, but I really don't care. It'll do Iron Man some good to create, and reinvent some of his villains, and as long as Tony Stark is driving the armor, and not a robot himself, and he's got his heart condition, and he gets with the ladies so we can see some classic anime cheesecake, I'm happy. 
#27 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3536 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not so sure about the Wolverine anime. They made him too pretty boy. I love anime, but I think this would of been served better if it was done more in the fashion of Samurai Champloo. Less mystical and more bad ass action.

#28 Posted by danhimself (21901 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine looks sooooo dumb but Iron Man looks soooo cool

#29 Posted by Darkchild (40542 posts) - - Show Bio

I think both look really badass. But thats simply cause im a huge anime fan

#30 Edited by Alexander Anderson (4030 posts) - - Show Bio

You know what, I'm totally cool with their take on Wolverine.  It's not like there's a shortage of "traditional" interpretations of the character.  If I want to see short, hairy, stumpy Logan chomping on cigars and growling about how badass he is, I'll watch...every X-Men related animation project ever made in the United States.  Kudos to Madhouse for trying something new.  I loved what they did with Gotham Knight, and these trailers leave me hopeful that their efforts for Marvel will be just as good.

Oh, and Iron Man looks amazing.  I love the subtle cyberpunk feel that they're going for.  Spot on.

#31 Posted by flynntanamo (38 posts) - - Show Bio

i have to agree with most people that the iron man one doesn't look to bad however the wolverine one doesn't seen to enjoyable and also is just going to air in japan and america and like what station would it be on?

#32 Posted by Tankard (82 posts) - - Show Bio

You guys played Devil May Cry? Remember Virgil?

That's what they've turned Wolverine into. That's the first thing that popped into my head when he took down the big demon.

I'm up for different adaptations, but that guy clearly isn't Wolverine. You can't just stick three knives onto his knuckles and say "He's Wolverine", and I'll bet they mess with the origin story by making him part demon or some crap.

I'll reserve final judgment until I hear if his voice is Wolverine enough, but I'm not looking forwards to it.

Iron Man, however, looks very interesting, but what I love most is how they completely ripped the suit and beginning sequence right out of the movie XD
#33 Posted by joshmightbe (24101 posts) - - Show Bio

i like the wolverine one yes its different but thats the point isn't it.

#34 Posted by teflond3663 (8 posts) - - Show Bio

im a huge fan of anything anime so ill watch just because but i cant promise ill like it....

#35 Posted by Sick_j0k3 (209 posts) - - Show Bio

The IronMan preview was nice since it stayed true to the  character. Wolverine however seems like a completely different person in that video, whoever made it  didn't stick to the source material. 

#36 Edited by ZORN (1605 posts) - - Show Bio
Looks good to me, well at least Iron Man does, also I'm sure the captain guy is Iron Monger, though i got one question why anime?, i mean why not get the guys that did Wolverine Vs Hulk to do a mature cartoon for Deadpool?
#37 Edited by DonavanWolfMaster (136 posts) - - Show Bio

are they going to be movies like the batman anime
or
like running television programs  ( like Evangelion, Full Metal,etc. )

im using a company computer
so the videos didnt load.
the posters both look good thought
#38 Posted by Tyler Starke (4410 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron man looks amazing, wolverine would have been better if you could identify him by something other than his claws

#39 Posted by MadLucied (35 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked the Iron Man one... then I saw the Wolverine. As much as I hate to say, or even think it, when I look Wolverine, it doesn't FEEL like i'm watching Wolverine, it feels more like I'm watching a guy with claws from japan who just happens to have the marvel logo slapped on it... sadly... But then again, we shall see how this turns out now wont we?

#40 Edited by DonavanWolfMaster (136 posts) - - Show Bio

are they going to be movies like the batman anime
or
like running television programs  ( like Evangelion, Full Metal,etc. )

#41 Posted by Adam Michaels (435 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with pretty much everyone here when they say Iron Man looks real good while Wolverine is a miss. Not to the point where I'll throw up or something. But I do not like the fact he's scrawny. Wolverine has always been short and buff. He's also very easily identified by the general watcher (even if they're not comic savvy). In this case, if it wasn't for the claws, nobody would know that is Wolverine. 

I'm not familiar with the anime situation here, but are these clips from anime films Marvel is producing? Or are they each a series?  

#42 Posted by Renegade Spider (99 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish they would have done Iron Man like that all along but Wolverine looks so different from the comics I barely think it should even be called Wolverine doesn't mean it isn't sweet for an anime but I wonder what they would do to Spidey?

#43 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man looks amazing!

And Wolverine looks hot.

#44 Posted by mrsummers (88 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine Looks LAME!!!....LMAO

#45 Posted by TazTheStampede (43 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man looked kinda cool but Wolverine...dear god why?

#46 Posted by Waffle Fries (884 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron man looks good.
Wolverine looks like a joke.

#47 Posted by irriated1 (3 posts) - - Show Bio
The iron man one looks very interesting, the wolverine one better have a damn good story becasue the viauls are concerning if anything  
#48 Posted by lemywinks (15 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man looks really great, design and all still posses some of the true Iron Man visuals while becoming anime. My thing is, while Iron Man looks great, will Tony Stark look as retarded as Logan does in the Wolverine trailer? Other than that worry in character design Iron Man looks pretty interesting.

As for Wolverine, yeah I said it, he looks retarded!!! Horrible character design, with the transfer from american comics to anime this is to far of a drastic move. He looks like he has bulimeia or something. Other than that though the show looks like it could be interesting in a wierd way for anime but I highly doubt I will watch it because of how un-Wolverine like he actually looks.

#49 Posted by Battalion (1522 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like Wolverine's mullet

#50 Posted by goldenkey (2927 posts) - - Show Bio

ironman maybe, wolverine looks like complete dog shit.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.