Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Marvel Animated Shorts

Blackreverend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

Edited By Blackreverend

DC Nation officially lauched on the cartoon network last saturday... I kept hearing about all the animated shorts they had planned and immediately wondered what Marvel shorts would I like to see?

So I made a list of my top ten. I tried to keep in mind that it would mostly be for kids not adults and that many of our favorite characters are already in a tv show or will be making regular appearances soon.

1. Marvel Knights Present: The Confederates(Black Panther leads a team of him, Bucky Barnes as USAgent, Michael Pointer as Major Mapleleaf, Captain Britain & Red Guardian. Together they tackle real global issues! here's an unfinished sketch I did since this team doesn't actually exist in the Marvel U)
      No Caption Provided
    2. X-Babies (Must have an series of shorts featuring mutants... I went through all the teams and out of all of them the x-babies would be the funniest to watch... not to mention it's one of the few X teams that still haven't been animated yet!)

No Caption Provided
    3. Power Pack(Absolutely mandatory if making animated shorts for kids!)
      No Caption Provided
    4. Daughters of the Dragon(Misty Knight and Colleen Wing prove themselves to Marvel's best detectives and bounty hunters)
      No Caption Provided
    5. Cloak & Dagger(I have no clue what direction i would like to see this take but I know that I would enjoy seeing it on tv and kids probably would too.)
      No Caption Provided
    6. Rocket Raccoon & Groot(How can you have Marvel shorts without space adventures. My first idea was the Annihilators but the name of the team didn't seem very child friendly... then my thoughts came accross The Guardians of the Galaxy, finally I decided just to go with Groot and his good ol pal Rocket Raccoon. This could prove quite entertaining if writen well!)
      No Caption Provided
    7. Her-oes(We might have to change the Wasp for someone else but afull girl team really helps balance out the menu!)
      No Caption Provided
    8. Journey Into Mystery(I was thinking if it's for kids we need at least one magic based series. So I thought of Doctor Strange but decided he was too old as a main character. He gained his powers as an adult so we couldn't make him younger. Then I thought of Journey into Mystery and figured it would work perfectly!)
      No Caption Provided
    9. Captain Marvel(Featuring a teenage Noh Varr performing superman-like gestures all over the Marvel U but with the ability to communicate to previous or deceased captains kinda like Aang does in "the last airbender" but without leaving this plane)
      No Caption Provided
    10. The Inhuman Blackbolt(I doubt him or his family will be making many appearances so it's perfect to raise awarness of the character... not to mention short adventures about a superhero who can't use his voice has the potential to be pretty epic!)
      No Caption Provided

So that's my top ten wish list for Marvel animated shorts. What's yours? Would you or your kids watch any of mine?

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I would love to see a Power Pack and Her-oes animated short. That would be awesome to see

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.