Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Marvel and Disney

ExtraLarge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By ExtraLarge

Since Marvel is owned by Disney now, should Marvel be producing ongoing titles based on Disney properties, such as Pirates of the Caribean or Tron? If so, which ones would you like to see? Should any non-Marvel created Disney characters interface with the 616 universe?

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Nova`Prime`

None of Disney's characters should interact with the regular Marvel 616, but I won't begrudge them doing a one shot or a mini.. especially for the kids. I also wouldn't mind a Tron comic

Katie24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Katie24

They had a Tron comic for awhile and a John Carter one to. Disney also has a contract with BOOM! comics. It would be cool to see a Pirates of the Caribbean comic and it would give Marvel an opportunity to diversify there comic titles a bit.

ExtraLarge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By ExtraLarge

My cash grabbing prediction: Jack Sparrow either becomes immortal or travels thru time and joins the Avengers. Also, Goofy becomes an X-Man. (does being a talking humanoid dog make you a mutant?)

Redberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Redberry

I want to see Hulk in a Donald costume.

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Nova`Prime`

I want to learn more about the ISO arrival and what happened to the Grid after Clu and Flynn were "destroyed".

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I don't think they would produce Tron and Pirates, but there is always a chance that they could makes comics out of those series

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By Hazlenaut

I got one that would go together Ironman and pink elephants. It would blend right in.

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#9  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@Katie24 said:

They had a Tron comic for awhile and a John Carter one to. Disney also has a contract with BOOM! comics. It would be cool to see a Pirates of the Caribbean comic and it would give Marvel an opportunity to diversify there comic titles a bit.

HAD a contract with Boom...they don;t anymore, which a pity because the DW Duck comic was really quite good. Disney didn't renew Boom!'s licence for the characters (which ended Boom!'s run on such Titles as Uncle Scrooge, Duck Tales, Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck and muppets, though the latter's licence had expired before all the others).

Only the muppets have returned to comics through Marvel, but that was only a reprint of the Boom series. As stated previously, Tron was published under Marvel.

There was a group of fans who got together and tried to get Marvel to publish Darkwing Duck, but i don't know if that really helped. One of the creators of the series said they were in talks but that was months ago.

Katie24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Katie24

@The Poet: Did not know that. Thanks for the info!

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#11  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@Katie24: no problem

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.