Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Magic in Fox's X-Universe

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

Okay, so I doubt we'll ever see a live action version of Doctor Doom use magic. It COULD happen if he was over at Marvel Studios, but he's not. With the fact Fox's X-Men universe, which will soon also house the Fantastic Four, is "grounded" that means we can't have magic there.

However an episode of Iron Man Armored Adventures, which itself doesn't really use magic, had Doctor Doom appear. They didn't just say his powers came from his armor, they went a step further and explained that his "magic" was actually quantum fields that he was manipulating with his armor. In other words he was creating magic, being able to do things that to anyone else would appear to be magic.

Now, with that in mind I think we could see Doom using THAT kind of set up for Doom in the movies. It also distances him from Iron Man, which people WILL say he is a knock-off of if they go with the armored version. They BETTER go with the armored version, powered sucks.

Using the quantum field idea could even explain Magik's..... magic. I mean she CAN use magic after all, so if they ever use her this would be the best bet.

Let's all be honest here, Fox is NEVER going to allow magic in their universe. Just not gonna happen.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.