Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Just Ask The Jonas Brothers

• 81 results
    geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By geraldthesloth

Cant wait for this!
    Cant wait for this!
    Vindellavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By Vindellavon

I say God (or Superman if you perfer), save us all.
    AllNewOverseer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By AllNewOverseer

I was planning on working for Marvel one day, I still do, but I'm a little nervous now. True I like disney and would actually like the consept of marvel characters appearing in Kingdom Hearts (I love that game), but... it's my veiw Disney shouldn't even be aloud to so much as LOOK at Marvel's characters let alone do anything to them.

Imagin what would happen to Deadpool, Punisher, Wolverine, Moon Knight...I trust disney to leave these characters and Marvel in general alone I'll be at a cross roads if Disney starts interfearing. I'm too big a fan to just give up on Marvel and I like Disney too much to just quit it.

Well I believe Shikamaru Nara could sum this situation up in the three words of... "What a drag."

jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By jefprice

Hhahahahhahahhaah did you guys confirm this really is a person who works there? It sounds to me like if so, it's low level and they just don't care for disney

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#55  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Lord's Angel said:
    "
    I think they knew it was coming all along!
    "

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
    NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

@geraldthesloth said:
    "
    Cant wait for this!
    Cant wait for this!
    "
    LOL!
    AllNewOverseer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By AllNewOverseer
    @geraldthesloth said:
    "
    Cant wait for this!
    Cant wait for this!
    "

Hay, just where'd you get that pic any way?
    Mbecks14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#57  Edited By Mbecks14

actually the idea of a 

Superman + Bugs Bunny vs. Spider-Man + Mickey Mouse sounds like a funny idea.

LastSon1027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By LastSon1027

Wow I think Strong Protector needs to find a new job if he is that unhappy with his employer. Disney is never going to screw with Marvel, they will let them generate profits and leave them be. Then where they can use the characters that are suitable like in theme parks they will. Relax guys nothing will change and just know that if anything does change that DC is way better anyway so who cares :-)

blade hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#59  Edited By blade hunter
    @CPTSteve said:
    "Disney is not against sex - they own ABC which runs Desperate housewives.  Disney is not against violence - they own ESPN which occasionally features boxing, MMA, etc.  Disney is not against adult topics, it created Touchstone to be able to produce movies with sdult themes.  It bought Miramax to be able to support "Indie"-type films.  Just because Disney owns a company, does not make it Disney.  If they take away the name Marvel and put Disney on the comic books, worry.  The Disney name is what they cherish.  I truly believe Marvel will be run as an independent brand under the Disney coporate umbrella, which can only help for all the reasons previously listed.  There are 2 Disneys out there.  Disney coporate and Disney creative.  Disney corporate is a massive, strong corporation now backing up Marvel, as well as bringing greater experience in the movie field to develop their own properties.  Disney creative makes kiddie entertainment.  You may see more Disney comic books, but don't fret for Deadpool or Wolverine.  They'll be fine.  You're just more likely to find them on a toothbrush now.  The musical acts spoken of in the article (Jonas Brothers, Demi Lovato, Hannah Montana) are "Disnified" because that's where they live.  They are under the actual Disney brand, not an offshoot.  They sing on the records, star in the TV shows and movies, and represent Disney solely.  They have to remain safe to keep the trust of parents who buy the stuff for their kids.  Notice Miley Cyrus is now releasing edgier stuff.  She's not releasing it on the Disney label.  She's releasing it under Hollywood Records, a different Disney company.  She can stretch there because it's not on the Disney name.  Just like you can see a show about a pregnant teenager on ABC Family but not on The Disney Channel.  Marvel will be fine and can only become stronger for this "

well said  

@Vindellavon said:
    "I say God (or Superman if you perfer), save us all. "

we'r goin to need the silver age superman for this lol 

talon_x23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#60  Edited By talon_x23
    @Lord's Angel said:
    "
    "

sadly enough I think your right.....we're all doomed....X-23's doomed and every thing's going to go to hell...but we'll have to see
    ninjadude853

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#61  Edited By ninjadude853

if they **** deadpool im gonna beat the **** out of someone

Avatar image for everything_green_lantern
    Everything Green Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

This 100% sucks. Disney, which is for little kids and occasionally teenagers, is trying to mix in Marvel, which is mainly for teenager and adults. They're not supposed to mix. It's just not right! I'm glad I decided early on that I am going to mostly read DC before all of this crap happened.
    P.S. Disney may try and make something for teenagers, but usually it's even worse than their normal material.

ryanwh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By ryanwh

I like that some of you think the solution here is boycotting Marvel, which if anything would absolutely mandate things change, because now artists and writers would be getting fired because the comics aren't selling because you're acting like a baby. I hope that makes you feel awesome but from my viewpoint anyone who does that is a damn loser. You don't punish people at the bottom for drama at the top, you'd know that if you were half as smart as you think you are.

johnjcoe9198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By johnjcoe9198

The most important thing to remember about all of this is that, its not as simple as GOOD or BAD.  There are many, many potential benefits to Disney acquiring Marvel, but there are just as many potential pitfalls, as well.  Case in point:  PIXAR! 
         Everyone, including members of this site, had used PIXAR as the best example of Disney leaving well-enough alone, but if you go to their Wikipedia page, you'll quickly realize PIXAR's story is not nearly as rosy as most people believe.  However, they haven't messed with Pixar's in-house production....so far.  But, if you read about how the buyout went down, you'll realize that's exactly what they plan to do in the very near future.  However, as Michael Eisner is no longer running Disney, the company's overall direction does seemed to have changed considerably since his departure.  But only time will tell.  The main thing I want everyone to remember is to be objective.  This really could go either way. 
    Colt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#65  Edited By Colt

disney owns miramax which has released movies like kill bill, clerks 1 & 2, trainspotting, grindhouse, sin city, hellraiser, pulp fiction, no country for old men, halloween and a lot more non-family films. they also own the channel abc with shows like lost and desperate housewives. 

marvel's fine. disney's great. the writer of this article's an idiot.

Avatar image for the_phantom_doodler
    The Phantom Doodler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are loads of stuff to consider in this whole merger; my opinion is that if Marvel make Disney enough money on their own Disney will leave them be BUT it is inevitable that disney will attempt to modify or change certain things. It may not be today or tomorrow or even next year. We are all just gonna have to sit by and watch what happens. We can all be witnesses to the death or (in a sense) re-birth of Marvel. I'm gonna treat this like a spectator sport.

Kenjav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Kenjav

Well, maybe.. supposing all goes wrong and indeed the Marvel cahracters go down the drain. Hell, good story-tellers will still be around, and will make a breaktrhough in the industry. Many talk about Marvel vs DC, comparing Warner ownership, and if they will switch companies, but there are a LOT of other companies, writers and artists. If Marvel comics just start to lose their escence, well, too bad, we'll just have to grow up, move to other things, other themes, other hobbies. Maybe it will happen during our lifetime that we will see this characters we love "corrupted", but it wouldn't be the end of everything. Maybe it will get better, I think most probably it will get a lot worse (a lot worse than Brand New Day; yeah, typical comment but I had to say it), but well, things just keep changing. We will have a lot of good stories behind us - for me, the 70's and 80's were the best era of Marvel, and I'm 26, so they were long before my time. 

I understand - or I think I understand - that many are annoyed or disappointed, as I am too. But, what can be done, but enjoy this characters as much as we can, as much as we always have - along with all those long geeky discusions of who would kick whose imaginary butt; one of the best if not the best experience of reading comics. And if the time comes when we no longer recognize them, when they have been watered down, well, we still will have all those back issues. And sooner or later, new creators and companies will come up with new heroes, and new classics. And at the end, not money, not stocks, not merchandising, can get in the way of good story-telling, of inspiring art. And those people will appear, and we will have new heroes, and old memories of heroes gone.

IF all goes terribly wrong, that is to say. And right now, I would like to be optimistic... but man... it's fucking Disney...

Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Bruce Vain
    @MysterioMaximus said:
    "@Bruce Vain said:
    "Like I said before and I'll say it again . Disney is an evil,evil corporation. Seeking world domination. "
    Disney's got nothing on Hell-Mart...I mean Wal-Mart. I'm convinced they'll black out the sun and enslave the human race under the ironic glowing smiley face logo, mocking us as we harvest our friends for enegry. But darn are those prices affordable...who needs freedom when you can buy iced tea for fifty cents? ... "

Well I do reside in TX now these days and I KNOW exactly what you're talking about. But like you said those prices ARE affordable lol. Plus,when there's nothing to do late at night you go to Wal-Mart. LOL.
    LassieOfDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By LassieOfDoom

i can't say much to this topic, because there are so many pros and cons, but if it's really going to be like the punisher kills 2.000 people, turns to the reader and mickey mouse appears, and both say unisono "remember kids, solving your problems with handguns, shotguns and rocketlaunchers is bad", i never look at any disney stuff anymore... and probably change to dc

SUPER-MAN 23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 789

User Lists: 8

#70  Edited By SUPER-MAN 23

This is like a bad House of M day, But the sad thing to It is No ONE WAKES UP From it! At least I still got DC and Darkhorse. @Talon/X23 said:  Wolverine Smiling like that makes him look stupid, He can't even enjoy cutting somebody's head off.

" @Lord's Angel said:
    "
    "
    sadly enough I think your right.....we're all doomed....X-23's doomed and every thing's going to go to hell...but we'll have to see "
    Avatar image for moonknightfan123
    MoonKnightFan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By MoonKnightFan123

I'm scared.

If Marvel does get raped by Disney, then I shall become a DC fanboy. I'm gonna miss Deadpool. Does DC have any wisecracking 4th wall breaking characters?

Atom Smasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#72  Edited By Atom Smasher

First. In Terms of Monopoly I’m more worried about Disney if only for how it can influence kids. Now yes Time Warner has a lot of syndications. I’ll not lie if Time Warner bought Marvel I would be drooling. The Images of the X-men, Avengers going up against the JLA and JSA dancing in my head as the whole Comic book universe could be placed together and every Nerds dream could be played out together, but that story is for another time. However for Disney I doubt that they are going to do anything which really hurts the Marvel Entertainment Franchise.

ABC is owned by Disney. I’m not going to lie, until Disney Purchased ABC I wouldn’t bother flipping to the channel. I thought it was trash and it didn’t hold my interest. Once they bought it slowly the shows began to get better. Now ABC is usually on my Television around four times a week. I mean they are series Ugly Betty(okay not the best example), Castle a rather comedic cop drama, Lost, Greys Anatomy , Desperate Housewives, and Brother and Sisters as you see they are clearly not afraid of being grown up. I certainly think a show whose pilot was base on the butchered body being discovered in trunks, or a pilot of a woman who was murdered and covered in flowers would certainly satisfy anyone’s craving all done by the Disney Cooperation.

Who framed Roger Rabbit, Armageddon, The Waterboy, The 13

I don’t actually see a problem with what is going to come from the Disney Cooperation. I’m actually very excited. The Animated films of Marvel in my views lack something which make them worth watching like the D.C Universe library that I deeply enjoy. Perhaps that it just me but I do believe that Disney knows when to take control and when not to. I wouldn’t mind seeing what the Disney Animation could due to movies that are rather more, Special Effects driven. Such as the Silver Surfer. I would likely be more excited if they produced Thor as a Cartoon then live action for it releases the limits but that would bring up the questions of what to do with it but it owns enough movie companies to ship it off.

Now I do find what they are doing with these little children to be Deplorable. I find Hannah Montana, Demi whoever, Jonas, and All the rest of the Hannah Montana class that they are pushing and I can’t wait for them to get fat with child so then Disney would pull the plug of trying to whore these people out as anything but Disney Created illusions of Talent. However this isn’t’ the case with Marvel and I take these effects of Crying and Saying that Disney is going to jump in and change things to be rather ridiculous. Disney is by means a very large company, the Only difference is that this is a Children Studio that Rose to Take power. Viacom was originally CBS Films, I think we know how Time Warner started. I have faith in Disney .

I have doubted Marvel for sometime. I thought the Civil War was of a particular bad taste. I thought the death of Captain America was the biggest let down of comic book history. A Rifle to the back and a bullet to the hip Who the hell really thought he was going to be dead I was waiting for him to come back ever since. My distaste for Marvel has made me stop buying Marvel Comic books altogether. Avoiding the disappointment of World War Hulk, The screwing over of Spider-man Collectors, and the confusion and unanswered debate about the Secret Invasion; Now I also am unhappy about Toy Biz losing the big of Marvel Toys; I just don’t like the lack of detail that I had grown so a custom to. I only built the first Build a Figure to find that it was terrible and refused to try and collect another. Here is to a brighter future.    

Atom Smasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#73  Edited By Atom Smasher

Sorry my List of Adult Movies was not copied. No Country for Old Men, The 13th Warrior, Adventureland, Scary Movie, Pulp Fiction, There will be Blood. There I Aplogize for the list being removed and this not being long but as you see the Disney Cooperation doesn't interfere with how a company does business rather that business is good or bad. I think all this talk of this being a bad choice is rather stupid. I personally wouldn't mind going to Disney Land and seeing a production of a Marvel Theme park ride. Six Flags has DC.
    goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By goldenkey

I think the whole the thing happened becaues of the Dark Knight and Iron Man.  The money the made was silly, but more importantly it was aimed at the demographic the reporter mentioned Disney has not been able to tackle, the male 18 - 34 demographic.  The Dark Knight more so then Iron Man.  After seeing the commercials for the Dark Knight my brother wanted to see the movie before he took his 8 year old son to see to make sure the Joker didn't scare the shit out him.  (what a reliable parent, just like Disney teaches) The movie won an insane amount of awards even though it robbed of enough Oscar awards.  It still won an award for best Heath.  The Dark Kinght was dark as hell.  Spilt personalities, an agent of Caos (did I spell that right) a vigilante.  These things will make Disney money now.  All I can do is hope the Disney is smart enough to realize that this particular kind of dark story with mature material is in itself what sells itself and maybe they realize this and won't try to fix what isn't broken.

Isaiah Bradley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Isaiah Bradley

Yes Disney will eventually turn marvel into a more Disney-like corporation but think of the marvel themed roller coasters and maybe even Disney's Marvel Kingdom! I am not saying it would be great but it has to be better than Epcot center.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#76  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Disney the corporation is not the Disney that makes kid friendly cartoons, two different things.

Develocity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Develocity

LIFE HAS NO MEANING ANY MORE!!!!!!!!!!! 
                                                                                   they are going to turn this

Amazing Spider-Man #606 cover!
    Amazing Spider-Man #606 cover!

into this

Develocity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Develocity

unless dizney gets a new CEO and some how some way they keep marvel the same. thats what they did with YOUTUBE they left it alone.
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#79  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    @Develocity said:
    " unless dizney gets a new CEO and some how some way they keep marvel the same. thats what they did with YOUTUBE they left it alone. "
    Disney did get a new one... Eisner is no longer with the company
    Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Media_Master

I'm still on the fence over this buyout.

Lady Nightmare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#81  Edited By Lady Nightmare

Somehow I don't think this "article" is genuine

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.