Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Is X-Men VS Avengers a closet "Flashpoint"? Or a soft reboot?

airbound_dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

Edited By airbound_dude

As I read AVX #2, I began to notice something strange. All the focus of the story is on Hope and her connection with the Phoenix. Yet, you see in the background Scarlet Witch just observing the events. And writing something significant in her notebook ( no spoiling here). While the whole event is about Hope, I personally believe that she is a red hearing for the true threat: Scarlet Witch herself. Why not? After all, all it took for her to screw the mutant population was " No More Mutants". I can actually see her joining with the Phoenix and then reseting everything before she screwed it up. It's a cop out, but lets be completely honest, Marvel isn't known for admitting their own messes. And in a way, I think this is how AVX will end somehow. It's just me, but what you guys think? You think I'm Wrong or something else. Cause I think this is a soft reboot in disguise. Thanks and voice your thoughts.

arcano_19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1  Edited By arcano_19

it would be nice i mean a reboot dc has manies marvel need one, i hope they bring jean

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By cattlebattle

the event will probably end with the Avengers winning and Cap breaking the fourth wall to tell you to go see the Avengers movie 50 times

Go Marvel!!!

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

That sure wouldn't surprise me. Lots of people have been suggesting stuff with this AvX event will be a possible Flashpoint-y like prelude to an entire Marvel reboot.

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By X35

Considering there's already titles out that take place after AvX and we've seen solicitations for plenty of stuff set after AvX and there's plenty of titles that have nothing to do with AvX... no. Not in the slightest.

FinnVarra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By FinnVarra

If they were going to do a reboot they would have done it to coincide with the release of the Avengers movie.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.