Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Is Marvel Universe Online still coming out or is it cancelled?

SSFMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By SSFMM

?????

Donnieman v5.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Donnieman v5.1

I believe it was canceled.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Andferne

Unless I am mistaken, what was to be Marvel Online. Became Champions Online.

Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Matezoide2
    @Andferne said:
    " Unless I am mistaken, what was to be Marvel Online. Became Champions Online. "
    IIRC,thats what happened
    Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
    Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

Anyone know if it's any good play wise?  I just checked the preveiw out and wonder if it's worth tryin the trial ? 
    dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By dane

I never played it because it's cel shaded. Not a fan of that style at all.

Marvel Universe Online got canceled and DC Universe Online has been in production for about 10 years.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

It was canceled. The DCU Online game is coming, though.

But it looks like a generic MMO. And I hate those with a passion. Star Wars: The Old Republic, however, looks like it has potential 

PS: Before anyone says "You just like Star Wars," I consider Star Wars: Galaxies to be among the list of generic MMOs. In other words, I hate it with a passion.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Andferne
    @JediXMan: Current SWG is a shadow to its former self. =(

@Donovan Montgomery:
    Tried it, didn't like it.
    JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
    @Andferne said:
    " @JediXMan: Current SWG is a shadow to its former self. =( "
    I quit not too long after the NGE. Haven't played in years.
    Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Andferne
    @JediXMan: I stuck through the NGE for about a year or so.After ngw the game kept changing over and over it was ridiculous.
    JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
    @Andferne said:
    " @JediXMan: I stuck through the NGE for about a year or so.After ngw the game kept changing over and over it was ridiculous. "
    And the got rid of the Intrepid sever (my Jedi was on that server... shame). 

I just got sick of SOE.
    Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Andferne
    @JediXMan: Yeah SoE left a foul taste in my mouth. So to speak.
    Which is another reason I don't hold too much faith for the upcoming DC Online game. SoE knows how to flock everything up sooner or later.
    JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
    @Andferne said:
    " @JediXMan: Yeah SoE left a foul taste in my mouth. So to speak. Which is another reason I don't hold too much faith for the upcoming DC Online game. SoE knows how to flock everything up sooner or later. "
    SW: TOR looks good, though. Bioware is doing very well so far.
    Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Andferne
    @JediXMan: Agreed
    I got high hopes for ToR, and Bioware hasn't let me down yet with a single game of theirs I've bought.
    JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
    @Andferne said:
    " @JediXMan: Agreed I got high hopes for ToR, and Bioware hasn't let me down yet with a single game of theirs I've bought. "
    And they're taking their time making it. Which is definitely a good thing.
    Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Manchine

I am looking forward to DC Online.  I am hoping its a blend between City of Heroes and Champions Online.  Champion Online does everything better then City of Heroes except for teaming.  Champions Online feels more like a Playstation game then a MMO.
    dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By dane

Old Republic is going to be rad.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Andferne
    @Manchine said:
    "Champion Online does everything better then City of Heroes except for teaming.  "
    I disagree with this. Even though it is an older game. CoX (City of Heroes, City of Villains, Going Rogue) > Champions.
    Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Manchine

LOL, personally I could care less about The Old Republic.  I am not a big star wars fan.  If I had the choice I would rather play star trek then star wars.  I will probable play it to check it out though, like I do every MMO.
    Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Manchine
    @Andferne said:
    " @Manchine said:
    "Champion Online does everything better then City of Heroes except for teaming.  "
    I disagree with this. Even though it is an older game. CoX (City of Heroes, City of Villains, Going Rogue) > Champions. "

Not even close.  Picking any power trumps any thing CoX has ever done.  Champions still looks FAR FAR better.  Combat is good and is bad at the same time.  =)  When DC Online comes out. City of X will be the lowly 3rd place Superhero MMO game.  Right now, Champions easily out does it....NO QUESTION!
    Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Andferne
    @Manchine: Combat in that game is horrible. The power meters blow chunks and just the entire feel of the game is less than fulfilling. Let's not even get into how craptastic the lore is for Champions. Content from the get go sucked.
    Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Andferne
    @Dane said:
    " Old Republic is going to be rad. "
    I approve of this message. :D
    dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By dane
    @Andferne said:
    " @Dane said:
    I approve of this message. :D "
    Bounty Hunters Assemble!
    Donnieman v5.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Donnieman v5.1
    @Andferne said:
    " @Dane said:
    I approve of this message. :D "
    Ooooh ooooh, me too!
    Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Manchine
    @Andferne said:
    " @Manchine: Combat in that game is horrible. The power meters blow chunks and just the entire feel of the game is less than fulfilling. Let's not even get into how craptastic the lore is for Champions. Content from the get go sucked. "

It almost sounds like your talking about City of X.  Lets see, you can take a Tank and take out several groups of villains at one time and yet a Defender/Blaster/Controlers can't do the exact same thing.  City of X Combat and powerlevels are horrible and blow chunks.  The LORE blows city of heroes so much out of the water its not even funny.  It has over 20 years to pull from.  The only thing bigger is Marvel or DC.

Sorry Champions is a FAR better made game.
    Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Andferne
    @Manchine said:

" Defender/Blaster/Controlers can't do the exact same thing. "

Yes they can, and the ones who know what they are doing. Do it more efficiently than Tankers. Though to be honest I prefer my Scrapper who demolishes anything set in his path. Only a couple AV's he can't solo, and that's without using inspirations or temp powers.

I found the Lore, Content, to suck in Champions. I had high hopes for the game and it failed miserably.

Edit: As a matter of fact. There are things in the game that Troller, Fenders, and Blasters can do that Scrappers and Tankers can't hope to accomplish.
    dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By dane

DC Universe Online Cinematic Trailer was pretty cool though.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Andferne
    @Dane: ToR are better!

Even Force Unleashed 2 is better! 

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Manchine
    @Andferne said:
    " @Manchine said:
    " Defender/Blaster/Controlers can't do the exact same thing. "
    Yes they can, and the ones who know what they are doing. Do it more efficiently than Tankers. Though to be honest I prefer my Scrapper who demolishes anything set in his path. Only a couple AV's he can't solo, and that's without using inspirations or temp powers.  I found the Lore, Content, to suck in Champions. I had high hopes for the game and it failed miserably. "

Never said anything about scrappers.  There are a few Controller/Scrappers that can keep up with tanks. 

Sorry I Know the tricks better then anyone, without playing certain power sets you are not able to do hardly anything.  I had the 5 year badge.  Played it straight since CoH Beta until just before champions came out.  One character alone has over 700 hours on it.  The game, is so hmmm whats the word, linear its not funny.   Sorry the only 2 things that CoX has better for sure then Champions is Content (Of course its been out for 6 almost 7 years) and team play.  Other then that.  Champions outdoes it at EVERY turn. 
    Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Andferne
    @Manchine said:
    " There are a few Controller/Scrappers that can keep up with tanks.  "
    Few? When was the last time you played this game. Tankers are pretty much laughable compared to these classes. I edited my original post to also say this. There are things in game that trollers and blasters can do solo that no Tanker can pray to do solo. As a solo class, tankers suck compared to any of the others. As a team class, they suck compared to others.

@Manchine said:
    "Sorry I Know the tricks better then anyone, without playing certain power sets you are not able to do hardly anything.  I had the 5 year badge.  Played it straight since CoH Beta until just before champions came out.  One character alone has over 700 hours on it.  The game, is so hmmm whats the word, linear its not funny.   Sorry the only 2 things that CoX has better for sure then Champions is Content (Of course its been out for 6 almost 7 years) and team play.  Other then that.  Champions outdoes it at EVERY turn.  "
    Does not seem like you know all of them then if you think Tankers are anywhere near the level of what Controllers are or Blasters. 
    How long you played the game means absolutely nothing. How well you play is a different story. I've only been playing the game for 1 1/2 years now, give or take. I have accomplished more than most Vets who have 5 years in. Just my main toon has more Prestige than others combined. My main has more prestige than most active SG's.

Guess we agree to disagree. Champions storyline to me sucked, the characters and the world they live in was horrible. The only thing I like better about Champions was it more versatile creation with looks and powers.
    GT-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#31  Edited By GT-Man

they have a Marvel MMO and that one says its TBA
    daken_2513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#32  Edited By daken_2513
    @SSFMM:
    i think it will be the next mmo after superherosquad online
    Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Manchine
    @Andferne said:
    Guess we agree to disagree. Champions storyline to me sucked, the characters and the world they live in was horrible. The only thing I like better about Champions was it more versatile creation with looks and powers. "

Lets agree to disagree.  =)  I have a few friends that are split on it also.  3 went back to city of X because two couldn't play champions without die (they said it was to hard) and 1 didn't like the game play.  I have 3 friends who stayed with Champions.  They couldn't go back to CoX.  We all took the weekend resub back in..... May/june.  The 3 and myself couldn't play CoX because of the way its played.  Champions is FAR from perfect.  I would say if you blended the Good Things of both games togethor you would have a great game. 

I am hoping DC Universe will be able to do that.  So far they have taken steps to put it in the right direction (Made it not a shooter game.  It originally had no to hit rolls you would hit only if your beam or punch crossed the targets path.  They added the $15 monthly charge.  To make it a real MMO and not like Dungeons and Dragons Online and Atlantica Online.)
    Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Andferne
    @Manchine said:
    "   They added the $15 monthly charge.  To make it a real MMO and not like Dungeons and Dragons Online and Atlantica Online.) "
    This was never doubted in my mind. Anyone who thought that there was not going to be a monthly fee for the game either was kidding themselves, or have never had that much experience with true MMO's.

Also the Dungeons and Dragons Online game when it first was released had a monthly fee as well. It only went to the free status half a year or year ago (something like that).
    Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Manchine
    @Andferne said:
    " @Manchine said:
    "   They added the $15 monthly charge.  To make it a real MMO and not like Dungeons and Dragons Online and Atlantica Online.) "
    This was never doubted in my mind. Anyone who thought that there was not going to be a monthly fee for the game either was kidding themselves, or have never had that much experience with true MMO's.  Also the Dungeons and Dragons Online game when it first was released had a monthly fee as well. It only went to the free status half a year or year ago (something like that). "

Yep, I know I got the game and I am allowed to have more characters because of that.  I was allowed to beta test (the F2P) it because I had bought the game and because I beta tested the game before it came out.  I have beta tested lots of MMO's.  I am surprised I am not in DC Online already. (Betaed Asherons Call, Earth and Beyond (Never came out), Anarchy Online, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons, Linage II, City of Heroes, Silk Road, City of Villains, Auto Assult, Dungeon Runners, Warhammer Online, Star Trek Online, and Champions Online. I don't think there is any more.)
    Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Andferne
    @Manchine: The Old Republic is in Beta mode ;)
    There was also LotR mmo, dark ages of Camelot, star wars galaxies, Destromath, Aion, and many many more.
    Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Manchine
    @Andferne said:
    " @Manchine: The Old Republic is in Beta mode ;) There was also LotR mmo, dark ages of Camelot, star wars galaxies, Destromath, Aion, and many many more. "

Oh there is even more then that.  I just put down the ones I betaed.  I have played all those.  OF course I played Ultima Online, WoW (which I thought wasn't as great as everyone said it is), Everquest (Which I hated), and Everquest II.
    Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Andferne

WoW sucks. That is all.
    lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.