Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Is Iron Man The New Face of Marvel?

Avatar image for xxmarvelousdcxx
    XxMarvelousDCXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Back before the Iron Man movies came out, Wolverine Spider Man and Hulk were the most popular Marvel heroes among the general public. Now,it seems like the attention has shifted to Iron Man due to Robert Downey Jr doing a fantastic portrayal of Tony Stark and the success of Iron Man and The Avengers.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Considering his comics don't sell that great I'm gonna say no

Pizzaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Naw. Spidey's still the face.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

It seems like he's perhaps more popular, but I don't think he's the new face of the company.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

hawkgal15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say Iron Man is definitely becoming much more of a lead figure, and with Spider-Man I would say he is in the comic world, but in the movie verse Marvel doesn't even own the rights to him- Columbia Pictures does. Overall though I would say Captain America, Iron Man, and Spidey are the big three

RedLantern23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No way. Sure, Iron Man's movies are more popular but thats about it. His comics dont sell particularly amazing and he doesnt have his own cartoon show or anything. I'd say he is probably tied with Hulk and Spider Man in the merchandise sales department.

Spider Man is the face of Marvel, followed by Iron Man, Hulk, and Captain America.

SymbioteSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine Id say still dominates the Marvel Movie franchise. Mostly because he's been in 7 blockbuster hits and has two more coming, Wolverine 3 and X Men: Apocalypse. I do think that most people still think of Spidey when they think of Marvel.

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

its definitely still Spider-man. RDj's influence on recognition of Iron Man in undeniable. But he's in no way the face of Marvel. Especially considering they'll be lucky to get two more films out of RDj before he retires from the Iron Man role...

Wolverine and Spider-Man are the biggest Movie Characters for Marvel. Though Iron Man would be third. Outside of the movies... Spider-Man, Hulk and Wolverine would be Marvel's stars. But Spider-Man is unchallenged. He's almost as big a character as Superman and Batman. These three are the cross-over Trinity - sorry WW...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.