Is Iron Fist still a street-level fighter?

#1 Posted by XEL820 (230 posts) - - Show Bio

Just a question I asked myself earlier today. I mean, with his feats, his chi eradicating poison in his body, healing without thinking, heightened awareness, "exorcising" Daredevil, and destroying a train full of bombs without being harmed, is Danny still considered a street-level hero? Or has he moved up a tier or so?

#2 Posted by thestarguy (348 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think that he was ever "street level" as far as his abilities go. In many ways, the 'Iron Fist" is the closest thing that Marvel has to an irresistible force. He was was just involved in street-level situations and confrontations from his "hero for hire" days, and the association just kind of stuck.

#3 Posted by RyuHayabusa (2019 posts) - - Show Bio

He is Galactus level

#4 Posted by Deadcool (6809 posts) - - Show Bio

He is a street level, he might have the Iron Fist, but he still being human.

#5 Posted by 202122 (1145 posts) - - Show Bio

@thestarguy said:

I don't think that he was ever "street level" as far as his abilities go. In many ways, the 'Iron Fist" is the closest thing that Marvel has to an irresistible force. He was was just involved in street-level situations and confrontations from his "hero for hire" days, and the association just kind of stuck.

this

#6 Posted by Illuminatus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

he doesntfights treet

#7 Edited by Vance Astro (90727 posts) - - Show Bio

Most people don't even know what street level even means.It has nothing to do with your level of ability. It has everything to do with the type of enemies you take down on a regular basis. For Iron Fist that's other human martial artists and common criminals, therefore he's street level. Also as far as abilities go, he's peak human physical at best. His physical attack power may be higher than that of many street levelers but as far as his physical stats like strength,speed,durability etc,he's no different from Captain America or Black Widow.So for characters like Midnighter,Spider-Man etc. who people always argue are NOT street level..take a look at the enemies and types of threats they tackle on a regular and it will be obvious what level they are on. Characters who are above street level like Thor,Superman,Wonder Woman etc. they fight crime too but most of the time they are taking on threats that go beyond simple crime fighting on a more consistent basis.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.