Is Hulk infinitely strong?

• 82 results
#1 Posted by GunGunW (996 posts) - - Show Bio

I recently got in a debate that included Hulk and the only real argument the other person made was that Hulk is infinitely strong so therefore he wins. Is Hulk potentially unlimited in strength? Or does he have a cut off point eventually? Also, how long does it take him to get extremely strong?

#2 Posted by Gibbet (617 posts) - - Show Bio

@GunGunW: Nope, the argument against that is he can get there but would the enemy let him do it?

e.g hulk vs superman

one is strong but gets stronger as he gets mad

the other has superior strength, why would he let the other guy catch up

#3 Posted by GunGunW (996 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gibbet: That's kind of ironic that you mention Superman vs. Hulk since that was the debate I was in. He basically said any of the strength feats Superman has, Hulk could do ten times easier.

#4 Posted by Gibbet (617 posts) - - Show Bio

@GunGunW: I call bullsh*t on his part

#5 Posted by Enosisik (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it makes more sense that he becomes indistructable buy ether way there's no such thing as infinitely .

#6 Edited by TheAcidSkull (17355 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes

#7 Posted by JonSmith (3990 posts) - - Show Bio

He's POTENTIALLY infinitely strong. Yes, he could effectively become a galaxy/reality busting juggernaut, if he was mad enough. Problem is, it's highly unlikely he could GET that mad. There's really only so much rage a person can feel, and the Hulk, contrary to popular belief, is no exception. At the end of Planet Hulk, his wife and city were destroyed, along with his unborn child. This lead into World War Hulk, where he was angrier, and thus, stronger, than he had ever been before. At the end of it, he realized an individual he thought was his ally was responsible. That's probably the functional max of his strength. It's very unlikely he could ever get angrier than that. And whatever COULD cause it, would have to be pretty horrible. So yes, Hulk is infinitely strong, BUT ONLY IF you can get him angry enough. And it would be quite difficult to do that.

#8 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

He has the propensity of being infinitely strong but it would never get to that point on his part, for his adversary would think of a way to put him down before it got to that point.

#9 Posted by SC (12724 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone is infinitely strong - potentially. However almost everyone has a reason as to why that potential will never be realized. Vanilla Ice is a human for example, so there are limits for how physically large he can get and limits to his density and his muscle mass. Those are hard limits that can only be overcome by external resources and means. Like Iron Man? One of his suits actually goes into his body. So he has used technology to create an internal means to increase his strength. It came about because of external reasons. If Tony Stark had infinite resources, infinite money, and infinite time and infinite knowledge/intelligence, he probably could build a suit that could make him infinitely strong. How about Spider-man? Well his limits are different to Vanilla Ice and Iron Man. His body was mutated. Still, he has similar barriers as far as why his potential to be infinitely strong will never be realized. Even with a physically mutated body, internally he has limits. He is a lot closer to infinite strength than Vanilla Ice though. Hulk? So far his physically mutated body has no limits as far as strength. Any limit that he has come across as thus so far he has typically passed if he has become angry enough. Stories have referenced that his capacity for strength knows no limit or something like that. Anyway. Hulk? Unlike many many, many. Hulk has the internal means to increase his strength ad infinitum. That being said that does not mean he has infinity strength. As far as the means to increase strength though? Hulk is rare in that his ability to increase his strength is internal (well internal in the sense he has a dimension powering him and that his body becomes better at processing energy the angrier he gets)     

#10 Posted by Dernman (14774 posts) - - Show Bio

His rage isn't limitless so there is a limit to his strength.

#11 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull said:

he has limitless strength only to human understanding, he probably has a limit but that limit has not yet been shown

#12 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32882 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gibbet: Well thats kind of a biased set up, for instance if Hulk was fighting Deadpool, now Wade cant hurt Hulk but Hulk can't kill Wade so could Wade just continue to piss Hulk off till his strength was increased infinitely? I think yes 
#13 Edited by Gibbet (617 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous:

Hulk does not have to kill, he can just render wade useless by ripping him up into kibbles (currently does not have HF) or bfring him to space, then again there are negatives with making every battle end in death. This is about hulk's strength so my examples lies on strength vs strength, whereas yours is strength vs whatever.

@RedheadedAtrocitus said:

He has the propensity of being infinitely strong but it would never get to that point on his part, for his adversary would think of a way to put him down before it got to that point.

Bingo

@NerdsFTW said:

@TheAcidSkull said:

he has limitless strength only to human understanding, he probably has a limit but that limit has not yet been shown

Thats as much BS as DC's speed of thought 'thing' when describing speed, but anyways I respect your opinion

#14 Posted by IHatePuppies (3 posts) - - Show Bio

The original question was “Is the Hulk infinitely strong?” That is a good question.

Who would win in a fight is moot, that is up to the writer and there are millions of examples of this fact. What does matter in answering this question is how the Hulk has changed over the years.

1. It isn't just anger that makes him stronger. In the first books it wasn't anger at all. Even if you want to say it is only anger, he never runs out while in a fight because he must always prove "HULK IS STRONGEST THERE IS!" :)

2. For many years the Hulk was nearly indestructible, couldn't be cut, burnt, crushed... Now days he is fairly easy to damage but heals even faster that Wolverine.

3. He can come back from the dead.* see below

4. The Gama energy inside him allows for adjustment to almost any situation.* see below

So to answer the original question. Yes the Hulk is infinitely strong. If you still have a question about this or the limits of Gama Radiation read this....

"The energies of gamma rays from astronomical sources range over 10 TeV, at a level far too large to result from radioactive decay. A notable example is extremely powerful bursts of high-energy radiation normally referred to as long duration gamma-ray bursts, which produce gamma rays by a mechanism not compatible with radioactive decay. These bursts of gamma rays, thought to be due to the collapse of stars called hyper-novas, are the most powerful events so far discovered in the cosmos.” (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamma_ray )

p.s. If you have never read the Marvel comics called "The End" WOW you are missing out! The End covers Hulk, Wolverine, X-men, Fantastic Four, The Punisher, and the universe.

#15 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

There's no way that someone could get so much hatred & anger.

( unless Banner is beign tortured by Joker for a lifetime and cant eat pizza anymore )

#16 Posted by MrShway88 (655 posts) - - Show Bio

@IHatePuppies: I can't read anything in your first picture. the words are too small.

#17 Posted by IHatePuppies (3 posts) - - Show Bio

Download the pic then open it, or try holding down the Ctrl button and spin the mouse wheel, to zoom in.

If that doesn't work for you let me know.

#18 Posted by _Black (2302 posts) - - Show Bio

No, he isn't.

#19 Edited by darth_omega_47 (70 posts) - - Show Bio

It hasn't been proven that he is infinity strong. even the one above all has limits, and he would not allow the hulk to rival his own strength.

#20 Edited by JJ62 (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

Potentially, yes.

Actually, no.

Although, in raw physicality. He's the strongest one in Marvel universe, at least below omnipotent level. ( Galactus, Living Tribunal, etc.)

#21 Edited by PowerHerc (81700 posts) - - Show Bio

No, not infinite.

#22 Posted by KingOfAsh (3527 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it even possible to be infinitely angry?

#23 Posted by hulksmash134 (31 posts) - - Show Bio

hulk is infinitely strong because even if our anger stops his anger doesn't so he is the strongest.

#24 Edited by green_skaar (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, he has that potential. It's an essential part of his character that's been stated numerous times over the decades.

#25 Edited by spider11211 (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

Only time will tell, hit him and find out.

#26 Posted by MatteoPG (1921 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_skaar: but does that make it true? Isn't it just a hyperbole?

#27 Posted by KingOfAsh (3527 posts) - - Show Bio

Funny thing is, even if he did, he'd still be weaker than the likes of Tribunal and TOAA

#28 Posted by green_skaar (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

@matteopg said:

@green_skaar: but does that make it true? Isn't it just a hyperbole?

Personally I don't think it is. He's done some very ridiculous things with strength alone. Many high end characters also commented on this including: Celestial and Beyonder.

#29 Posted by MatteoPG (1921 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_skaar: oh well.... the Beyonder I think is basically a very powerful crazy person, but I don't think the celestials make a lot of use of hyperbole and irony. So theoretically infinite, uh?

#30 Posted by green_skaar (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

@matteopg said:

@green_skaar: oh well.... the Beyonder I think is basically a very powerful crazy person, but I don't think the celestials make a lot of use of hyperbole and irony. So theoretically infinite, uh?

Correct, theoretically infinite.

#31 Posted by kgb725 (6038 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes he is

#32 Edited by Mrgreenlantern (653 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by Blackdog2009 (1818 posts) - - Show Bio

'Infinitely strong' ?.. that's the most ridiculous crap I ever heard of even for comic book talk.

#34 Posted by PapiNacho (2365 posts) - - Show Bio

No, by definition he could always be stronger and thus since he could always be stronger his current strength never reaches infinity.

#35 Posted by Tohoma (1380 posts) - - Show Bio

No you can't be infinitely angry. Hulk will be emotionally exhausted after a certain point.

#36 Posted by kwiller10 (5 posts) - - Show Bio

no not at all there is always a way to be weak wether you are hulk or a grain of sand!! i think he will be deafeted in the end

#37 Posted by THORSON (2331 posts) - - Show Bio

no.

#38 Posted by DEGRAAF (7870 posts) - - Show Bio

In a sentimental moment he could see ultimate Gulactus devour world after world and earth after earth seeing all the people he loves die over and over again through the multi-verse, building more rage each time as the people he loves suffers slowly and dies

#39 Posted by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

ive always wondered can the hulk even be killed?

#40 Edited by green_skaar (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

Recently Banner has thought he couldn't, but he did die in Asgaard and brought back to life from Odin. I have the copies at home if you need an issue number of either situation.

#41 Posted by baneofdemon22 (99 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, the big thing a lot of people forget is you can't get infinitely angry. I hate when people think more power equates to better characters. Well, they can believe what they want, but when they put down other character's value because of their physical/power strength, it's sad.

#42 Edited by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

@tazzmission said:

Recently Banner has thought he couldn't, but he did die in Asgaard and brought back to life from Odin. I have the copies at home if you need an issue number of either situation.

thanks man shoot me a pm with those

#43 Posted by TheComicPro (249 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk is the strongest there is!! Seriously Hulk is infinatly strong because his anger never ends. I mean come on the guy pulled a planet back together (top that superman fanboys/girls)

#44 Posted by JetiiMitra (8206 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk is the strongest there is!! Seriously Hulk is infinatly strong because his anger never ends. I mean come on the guy pulled a planet back together (top that superman fanboys/girls)

Don't be like that.

#45 Posted by Fifthchild (588 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, the big thing a lot of people forget is you can't get infinitely angry.

In comic books you can. In Hulks case it has been stated that he possesses limitless rage a few times.

#46 Edited by TheAcidSkull (17355 posts) - - Show Bio

yes he is.

#47 Posted by THORSON (2331 posts) - - Show Bio

what a childish debater.

#49 Posted by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

actually can you imagine if hulk ever wore the infinity gaunlet? hed would pretty much destroy all reality in one blow

#50 Posted by green_skaar (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

@thecomicpro said:

actually can you imagine if hulk ever wore the infinity gaunlet? hed would pretty much destroy all reality in one blow

Anyone could with the IG. I'd like to see Hulk w/the power gem.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.