Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Is cyclops right ?

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Do you think Cyclops is right and justified in most of his actions ?

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
    TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I would say for the most part yes. He is doing what any leader would do if their people/country were being persecuted.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yes, even though I hate Hope.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

No. Its a well known fact Cyclops is always wrong even when he's right. Its his second mutation.

powerplay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends. Are we talking about AvX here? If so I don't think he was. While it did work out for the best in the end (new mutants), Cyclops risked the destruction of the whole world by embracing the Phoenix. If he had not been stopped, Dark Phoenix would have destroyed the whole Earth, including all the remaining mutants. Not a good move for a man who wants to save his species.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

While whether he was right is an interesting question, I think it's more important that he always did what he believed was right, no matter what.

Pizzaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerplay: Phoenix would've destroyed the world anyway. Cable came from the future in Avengers X-Sanction and showed Scott that the world would be destroyed if the Avengers took Hope off world before Phoenix arrived. Dark Phoenix only showed up when the Avengers kept poking the P5 with a stick.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#9  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Depends. Are we talking about AvX here? If so I don't think he was. While it did work out for the best in the end (new mutants), Cyclops risked the destruction of the whole world by embracing the Phoenix. If he had not been stopped, Dark Phoenix would have destroyed the whole Earth, including all the remaining mutants. Not a good move for a man who wants to save his species.

The Avengers wanted to ship Hope of planet, if they hadn't been stopped then the world would have been destroyed and everybody on it.

Pizzaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread is gonna fill up with Cyclops was wrong people soon. I see enough of those on the CBR Forums.

powerplay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pizzaman: I never read X-Sanction. That definitely puts AvX in a different light. But if that is the case, why wouldn't Cyclops or Cable tell Cap that? As far as I remember, Cyclops never told the Avengers about this future info. I thought his argument (in the main series at least) was the Phoenix should be used to save mutants in spite of the risks.

Pizzaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pizzaman: I never read X-Sanction. That definitely puts AvX in a different light. But if that is the case, why wouldn't Cyclops or Cable tell Cap that? As far as I remember, Cyclops never told the Avengers about this future info. I thought his argument (in the main series at least) was the Phoenix should be used to save mutants in spite of the risks.

I think that's why Cyclops had Emma read Cap's mind on that beach. When she told him that Cap wasn't going to back down i think he basically went into general mode. I guess when you're constantly dealing with genocide attempts you lose your diplomat skills. Cap and Cyke should have sat down and talked at the beginning but Cap bringing an army of Avengers looked bad too.

Pizzaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerplay: I don't know where Cable was during AvX. You'd think he would help when his daughter's life is at stake. Not to mention his dad being possessed AGAIN.

powerplay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By powerplay

@pizzaman said:

@powerplay: I don't know where Cable was during AvX. You'd think he would help when his daughter's life is at stake. Not to mention his dad being possessed AGAIN.

That was always strange. Especially since, as I understood it, half the point of X-Sanction was to bring Cable back from the dead. Why go through all the trouble to bring him back if they didn't even use him?

But I'm getting off track. I think both sides had to pass the idiot ball around a bit to kick the plot into motion but I do think that a bit more blame lies on Cyclops since he was wasn't trying to find a route that would keep everyone safe. He was following the mutants first kind of mentality that is usually reserved for Magneto. Risk everyone's lives in favor of possibly giving benefits to some people.

Pizzaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerplay: I think way more of the blame lies with the Avengers. They push themselves into a situation they have no experience in, didn't bother to ask anyone besides Wolverine about the Phoenix Force, shot the Phoenix with a gun, repeatedly attacked the phoenix 5 until they started losing control, realized that Hope is supposed to use the Phoenix, kidnapped Hope from the X-Men after attacking some students, etc. The Avengers have way more to answer for than Cyclops. Especially Cap and Iron Man.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
    deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pizzaman: @powerplay: I think Cable was hurt or he was just in Utopia. Hope wanted to leave. The PF was going through planets left and right so why would you let Earth be a risk. Cyclops was playing Russian roulette with the PF and almost killed everything. The phoenix five were becoming increasingly irritational and greedy

Pizzaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Pizzaman

@kgb725 said:

@pizzaman: @powerplay: I think Cable was hurt or he was just in Utopia. Hope wanted to leave. The PF was going through planets left and right so why would you let Earth be a risk. Cyclops was playing Russian roulette with the PF and almost killed everything. The phoenix five were becoming increasingly irritational and greedy

Earth was already at risk. The earth was going to be destroyed if Hope wasn't on Earth when Phoenix arrived. The Phoenix Five were doing alot of good when they first got the powers and they started losing control when they were repeatedly attacked by Avengers. They were going around giving out food, repairing fault lines, and fixing birth defects.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pizzaman: And putting all of Earth under submission. You cannot blame the Avengers for not knowing what they were doing. The P5 were taking a lot of prisoners they were only worried about the Scarlet Witch

Pizzaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:

@pizzaman: And putting all of Earth under submission. You cannot blame the Avengers for not knowing what they were doing. The P5 were taking a lot of prisoners they were only worried about the Scarlet Witch

Submission? You mean when the only thing they really cut down on was war? Yes i can blame the Avengers when they could've asked other people besides Wolverine, who has they should've known would have a bias opinion, and Beast. Especially when Rachel Grey was right at Wolverine's school and was a long term phoenix host. The prisoners thing started after the Avengers repeatedly attacked the P5 and those attacks soon turned into assassination attempts. I don't even wan't to get into the Scarlet Witch situation. She just pisses me off in different ways.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pizzaman: Rachel may have been a host but so was Jean and they know what she has done. Hope didnt even control it until the Avengers helped her

Pizzaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Pizzaman

@kgb725 said:

@pizzaman: Rachel may have been a host but so was Jean and they know what she has done. Hope didnt even control it until the Avengers helped her

That was the dumbest thing ever. Years of training with Cable didn't help but speeches about responsibility from Spider-Man allowed her to contain the Phoenix. She was even seen in earlier X-Men stories controlling Phoenix. This event just didn't make any sense at all.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By kgb725

@pizzaman: She did more than that. Yea didnt the writers basically say its just an excuse for the xmen and the avengers to fight ?

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By primebonnick

during AvX yea i think he was at least in how the story ended. Saved his kind phoenix didn't destroy earth and he even fixed alot of the earth global problems with the phoenix 5.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Gracetrack

He was right to try and save his race. He was wrong in thinking the Phoenix could be controlled.

That being said, Cap and the Avengers did way more harm than good, and they were every bit as much to blame for how things played out as Cyclops. They were behaving like a bunch of hyper thyroid stormtroopers start to finish. Several times I just wanted somebody to smack Cap across the chops. Same with Cyke after he had absorbed the Phoenix force.

Pizzaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: Yeah. That event went beyond stupid. Wish it never happened. Especially the ending.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

No.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.