Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Is All new Marvel Now a bad sign?:

krspaceT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 13

If Marvel's going to restart its restart, is that a bad thing? The New 52 may have its flaws, but it certainly did not have to resort to that gimmick. Issues like Zero Month and Villains Month may be sort of gimmicky, but they served some purpose. Zero Year helped (In most cases) with backstory problems while Villains Month has a decent amount of relation to the current event (And is it better to have a month of tie ins everywhere, than several months?)

While it has launched new titles, the New 52 hasn't really messed with the numbers of its comics since it restarted them.

And what does it say if they're going to delete the Ultimate Universe entirely, bar Miles (Who will need serious therapy)

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

I think they're just advertising jumping on points to catch some new readers. Seems like a better way than actually relaunching everything again so soon.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

Accessibility is never a bad thing, imo

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Marvel NOW is the reason why I'm enjoying All New X men and Avengers and for a while Scarlet Spider-Man. Another jumping on point wouldn't be a bad thing especially because I'm a fan of continuity.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

Lol it's just phase 2 of Marvel now. I don't see any negatives

Spawn92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The majority of the all-new NOW titles are just jumping on points for current titles. There are a few new titles coming out of this, but everything is still the same continuity wise.

Avatar image for thefirstlantern
    TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Eh dont mind, my OCD will be appeased

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Restarting such a new restart would be admitting Marvel Now failed.

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Maddpanda531

Yeah, they're really not restarting it (with the exception of Captain Marvel, which I'm really annoyed about...), it's just basically a bunch of Point One issues for new readers.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.