Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Inhumans the new Mutants? (Possible Spoilers)

Weapon-Alpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

With Marvel announcing that sometime after Infinity during the Inhumanity event Terrigen Mist falls on the earth and awakens dormant Inhuman abilities i cant help but think the people of the Marvel U will have some kind of backlash towards these new Inhumans that i think will be pretty similar to how they feel towards Mutants right now. So do you guys think that they will share the same boat as the Mutants or will this take heat off of mutants for a while and be replaced by Inhumans?

Avatar image for spinningbirdcake
    spinningbirdcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By spinningbirdcake

I definitely think the Inhumans could possibly become the new mutants in the public eye. The Inhumans are basically lesser known X-Men anyway minus their dormant abilities needing to be activated by an outside force rather than by their coming of age.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

I'm getting the feeling that Marvel is planning on making Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch Inhumans for Avengers 2. This could be part of the reason why Marvel's pushing Inhumans more, as a way to have Mutants...but not call them Mutants.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm getting the feeling that Marvel is planning on making Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch Inhumans for Avengers 2. This could be part of the reason why Marvel's pushing Inhumans more, as a way to have Mutants...but not call them Mutants.

bingo. and thats it.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
    NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I hope not

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I definitely think the Inhumans could possibly become the new mutants in the public eye. The Inhumans are basically lesser known X-Men anyway minus their dormant abilities needing to be activated by an outside force rather than by their coming of age.

This.

I hope not. But if it works, it works.

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

Didn't Marvel already do this exact same thing with the X-Men? And not that long ago even?

Meh, not interested.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

my thoughts exactly

It's pretty lame.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

@extremis said:

@war_killer said:

my thoughts exactly

It's pretty lame.

All this just to avoid saying the word "mutants" in the movies. Then, where would the X-Men be at this point?

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extremis said:

@war_killer said:

my thoughts exactly

It's pretty lame.

All this just to avoid saying the word "mutants" in the movies. Then, where would the X-Men be at this point?

eventually phased out? Who knows

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

@extremis said:

@rabbitearsblog said:

@extremis said:

@war_killer said:

my thoughts exactly

It's pretty lame.

Man, I really hope that doesn't happen...

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extremis said:

@rabbitearsblog said:

@extremis said:

@war_killer said:

my thoughts exactly

It's pretty lame.

Man, I really hope that doesn't happen...

Yeah I mean I honestly can't see it happening, but it just might in the movie universe considering their hands are tied with the X-Men. And considering the movies heavily influence what the comics put out now, it's not impossible.

I sometimes think, what if Marvel did an aggressive strategy to counter Fox not giving up the rights to X-Men. What if in the comics they just erased the word "mutant" substituted it with "inhuman" and basically removed the word "X-Men" from the Marvel vocabulary, rename all the characters, etc. Legally they probably can't do that, but it would be interesting if nothing else.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.