Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

( infinity stones related) thor movie error?

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TazzMission

we all see in thor one for a brief moment the infinity gaunlet with all stones in the asgard vault. we also see the cosmic cube ( tesseract) as being one of the gems and the either the other in thor 2 where siff and the warriors 3 tell the collector its not wise to keep 2 infinity stones together . am i reading to much into this or does the continuity seem screwed up?

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

that may have just been the Gauntlet in Thor

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TazzMission

all the stones are in it though. the big fat blue one is the tesseract and i assume the red one is from thor the dark world.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@danhimself said:

all the stones are in it though. the big fat blue one is the tesseract and i assume the red one is from thor the dark world.

I've only ever seen it up close when they had it at Comic Con and even then that was only through pics....the only time I've seen it in the movie was through freeze frames because it's not on screen long enough to really get a good look at it...even in the screen caps it's hard to tell if all the stones are in it or not

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TazzMission

@tazzmission said:

@danhimself said:

I've only ever seen it up close when they had it at Comic Con and even then that was only through pics....the only time I've seen it in the movie was through freeze frames because it's not on screen long enough to really get a good look at it...even in the screen caps it's hard to tell if all the stones are in it or not

the video is in slow motion for a few seconds when the scene shows it.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
    NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Its not an error, it was an easter egg they put their for the fun of it. Its not supposed to be taken seriously, thats why it was shown for a fraction of a second.

Avatar image for hillbillymorangie
    HillbillyMorangie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By HillbillyMorangie

Same could be said about captain America in the Incredible Hulk film, Easter eggs are not cannon

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TazzMission

@norrinboltagonprime21 said:

Its not an error, it was an easter egg they put their for the fun of it. Its not supposed to be taken seriously, thats why it was shown for a fraction of a second.

i can argue people stated the same for the wayne satelite in mos and yet batman is in the sequel. so in a sense that was indeed canon

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
    NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

i can argue people stated the same for the wayne satelite in mos and yet batman is in the sequel. so in a sense that was indeed canon

Not really. They added Batman regardless of the cameo was there or not and it's certainly not canon. Easter eggs are rarely canon, you're reaching.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RisingBean

Ding ding ding. We have a winnah.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

That's not an error those were cameos to tease what's next. Derp.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tazzmission said:

Not really. They added Batman regardless of the cameo was there or not and it's certainly not canon. Easter eggs are rarely canon, you're reaching.

honestly i think they had batman planned from the start. i remember reading at ign they were writting mos 2 wile shooting the first mos. besides also note back in 2012 there was that rumor affleck may direct jla so are you suggesting it is a coincisidence that they just waited last minute to make him batman let alone scheduled for a july 2015 release? again a lot of movies are writting sequels or even shooting sequels back to back now since its a new trend in hollywood. and who knows maybe i am wrong but i may not be either

HillbillyMorangie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah but the satellite doesn't have to be in MoS2, if it is in MoS2 then it doesn't have to look the same or have the same logo... Continuity is great, but when it comes to Easter eggs I don't find it important. But I guess that's a personal thing, I know some people take issue with even minor stuff...

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TazzMission

@hillbillymorangie said:

Yeah but the satellite doesn't have to be in MoS2, if it is in MoS2 then it doesn't have to look the same or have the same logo... Continuity is great, but when it comes to Easter eggs I don't find it important. But I guess that's a personal thing, I know some people take issue with even minor stuff...

i think you misunderstand my friend. im suggesting the wayne satelite in the first film may have been the hint that yes batman will show up in the sequel and yes he does exist in the mos universe. now as far as the lex corp easter eggs go i mean its pretty ovious he would be in in some shape or form in the sequel and the question is what role will he play?

personally what they shouldve done was instead of making this a batman vs superman movie they shouldve made this more of a mix between a conspiracy film and a team film. i wrote a small short story in the fan fic section if you want to peep it and im still racking my brain as to how i can fit wonder woman in it . its probably not my best written fan story but thats the way i wanted this to be. instead of calling it mos2 just simply call it trinity since the big 3 faces will be in it

HillbillyMorangie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tazzmission: ill have a gander,

Sorry all I meant is that the gauntlet might be a hint as to what's to come, as I was hoping the human torch might be in Captain America, captain Americas frozen body in the hulk, captain Americas shield (clock?) in iron man 2 etc...

So while I'm sure the satellite was probably a hint, if it turns out to be a macguffin for the MoS2 film then it may not be identical.

So if the infinity gems are in the gauntlet, it can be assumed they are a oversight... Or it's not the gauntlet just something similar looking... Or I guess if they wanted to be very clever the gauntlet could have fake stones in... So I dunno if it is an error... I think it's either an oversight and Easter egg or will be justified later. But that's just my opinion lol, maybe it was an error ;)

As for Wonder Woman, I fear she won't be in it and Diana will just be a cameo or worse a secretary for Bruce Wayne... Time will tell

Edit: I have said how I would like a Captain Marvel film to pan out, DC could totally have a similar origin, with Diana Prince being an officer in the DoD in this film, acting like Black Widow in Iron Man 2, then show her true colours in her own spin off film...

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#16  Edited By Lvenger

The Aether represents the Power Gem and the Cosmic Cube represents the Space Gem I presume. That's the deal with the Infinity Gems in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, they're represented by different objects.

goobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe the actual gems are depowered and were put into different objects like the Aether and tesseract and the gems will reabsorb their power when they come back in contact with the object that holds their power.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tazzmission: ill have a gander,

Sorry all I meant is that the gauntlet might be a hint as to what's to come, as I was hoping the human torch might be in Captain America, captain Americas frozen body in the hulk, captain Americas shield (clock?) in iron man 2 etc...

So while I'm sure the satellite was probably a hint, if it turns out to be a macguffin for the MoS2 film then it may not be identical.

So if the infinity gems are in the gauntlet, it can be assumed they are a oversight... Or it's not the gauntlet just something similar looking... Or I guess if they wanted to be very clever the gauntlet could have fake stones in... So I dunno if it is an error... I think it's either an oversight and Easter egg or will be justified later. But that's just my opinion lol, maybe it was an error ;)

As for Wonder Woman, I fear she won't be in it and Diana will just be a cameo or worse a secretary for Bruce Wayne... Time will tell

gal stated shes training and bulking up and is learning around 3 or 4 fighting styles. she already has the krav maga backround do to her service in the army. i dont think snyder would put her through such training if he wasnt going to have her kick ass let alone bulking up to be in the film. im calling it now. by sdcc 2014 this will either be a trinity movie of the big 3 with no vs in the title or its justice leauge. i say that because 1. we never got a official title and batman vs superman was just a name fans made up from a press release wb came out with . 2ndly. with the inclusion of wonder woman and now possibly flash or martian manhunter its pretty much a sign that this wont be a vs film . and finally they got the argo screen writter to come in and touch up the script and its not new that anything can change in under a years time. we wont know anything till either spy photos leak or at comic con

HillbillyMorangie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tazzmission: that's why I added an edit, she could have an action role and still not be Wonder Woman, a bit like BlackWidow in Iron Man, depends how they intend to squeeze her into the film... Fingers crossed all the same.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tazzmission: that's why I added an edit, she could have an action role and still not be Wonder Woman, a bit like BlackWidow in Iron Man, depends how they intend to squeeze her into the film... Fingers crossed all the same.

i just hope they dont sexualize her. when i think of wonder woman i think of an ass kicker.

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

The gauntlet was just an Easter Egg for the film just a little treat for comicfans nothing major

Starbrander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If there was an active, fully capable Gauntlet in the Asgardian vault, Loki would have snatched it a long time ago.

Assuming the appearance is not an easter egg for fun, it's just an artifact or trophy or some sort, and not the true Infinity Gauntlet Thanos would lust after.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.