I HATE MARVEL SUBSCRIPTIONS!!!!!!!!!

Posted by sora_thekey (8150 posts) - - Show Bio

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! 

I have subscriptions for Amazing Spider-Man, Ultimate Comics Spider-Man and Ultimate Comics Avengers.... 

After some time I got a special offer of $17.97... so I took it.... 

I called and decided to get two more subscriptions.... Uncanny X-Men and Invincible Iron Man.... 

Well anyways I was told that in about a week I would get a confirmation e-mail. I never got a confirmation e-mail and then I called Costumer Service.... 

I told them I never got the e-mail and the money was never charged.... So then I was told that the reason it hadn't been processed was because of  the company under Marvel taking car of subscriptions moved/ changed or something so I had to wait 2 more weeks for that... 

I waited... 

and the money was charged but I never got a confirmation e-mail..... I called in today and was told that there was no record of me doing any transaction and that I did have record orf Iron Man but no X-men.... and was told to wait another 2 weeks to wait... anyways they pretty much just told me my money was lost! 

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!  

Sorry I needed to vent my feelings...  

Anybody know a solution?
#1 Posted by Cezar_TheScribe (2614 posts) - - Show Bio

Write them a letter and tell them the problem and you would like to have this promptly resolved. 

If not you will have to have your lawyer deal with the matter. 
That will clear everything up. ;)

#2 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio

I say you go straight to the source of the problem. Punch Joe Quesada in the face.

#3 Posted by Truex (460 posts) - - Show Bio
@iLLituracy said:
" I say you go straight to the source of the problem. Punch Joe Quesada in the face. "
Does this go for everyone who hates Marvel subscriptions?
#4 Posted by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio

Write back with copies of your bank statement, highlighting where they've taken the money & threaten legal action.  I'm not saying to actually waste your money on legal action, but to just threaten it.  Accuse them of theft, along with a record of the various dates phone calls where made, what was said & proof of payment.  They should sort it out then... They're just a bunch of *£&$s.
#5 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't use Marvel Subscriptions! I had a blog about this before(think I deleted it). But they are awful! Comics show up way late, if they even show up at all. Sometimes a comic would show up so late that I would get next months comic and last months on the same day! Or I  have gotten like September's comic and then a week later I got Augest's comic! The comics get bent up in the mail box too!

#6 Posted by kore (373 posts) - - Show Bio

It's best to find a LCS. Marvel is notorious for screwing up subscriptions.

#7 Posted by Agent Buttons (13479 posts) - - Show Bio
@kore said:
"It's best to find a LCS. Marvel is notorious for screwing up subscriptions. "

Yup. just pick up new issues when they come out.
#8 Posted by sora_thekey (8150 posts) - - Show Bio
@Agent Buttons said:
"Yup. just pick up new issues when they come out. "
Well I travel a lot so I can't go to the stores on time.. and usually I end up missing issues....

@Nobody said:
"Don't use Marvel Subscriptions! I had a blog about this before(think I deleted it). But they are awful! Comics show up way late, if they even show up at all. Sometimes a comic would show up so late that I would get next months comic and last months on the same day! Or I  have gotten like September's comic and then a week later I got Augest's comic! The comics get bent up in the mail box too! "
I agree compleatly with you!
So I kind of do need subscriptions... any suggestions on where I could subscribe and not have so many problems?
#9 Posted by danhimself (22223 posts) - - Show Bio

this may not work with Marvel but...I used to work for a credit card company (CitiBank) and anytime a customer called in and wanted to cancel their card we had to do whatever it took to convince them not to...so try calling and telling them that you want to cancel your subscription

#10 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
" this may not work with Marvel but...I used to work for a credit card company (CitiBank) and anytime a customer called in and wanted to cancel their card we had to do whatever it took to convince them not to...so try calling and telling them that you want to cancel your subscription "
I did this with mine. They just asked why and said okay.
#11 Edited by drdanny10293 (2434 posts) - - Show Bio

@Agent Buttons said:

"@kore said:

Yup. just pick up new issues when they come out. "

i agree

#12 Posted by sora_thekey (8150 posts) - - Show Bio
@drdanny10293 said:
"

@Agent Buttons said:

"@kore said:

Yup. just pick up new issues when they come out. "

i agree

"

Well I travel a lot so I can't go to the stores on time.. and usually I end up missing issues....
#13 Posted by Bio Guyver (6842 posts) - - Show Bio

I've subscribed with Marvel for some years now, and haven't had any problems, yet. I guess I'm lucky.
#14 Posted by Cezar_TheScribe (2614 posts) - - Show Bio
@sora_thekey:
"So I kind of do need subscriptions... any suggestions on where I could subscribe and not have so many problems?" 

Mycomicshop.com has a subscription service.   I'm not sure about Previews or Westfield. 

The last comics I bought online were from Mycomicshop.com and they did a good job.
#15 Posted by kore (373 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cezar_TheScribe: Comix Zone is pretty good.
#16 Posted by reaper2923 (2778 posts) - - Show Bio

Hahah mine came through the first time, just cuz marvel loves Deadpool

#17 Posted by sora_thekey (8150 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks for all the advise guys.... You'd be happy to know my problem is over! 

I finally go this fixed! 

Thanks
#18 Posted by Dane (10588 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope you went with the 'punch Joe Q' option.

#19 Posted by sora_thekey (8150 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dane said:
"I hope you went with the 'punch Joe Q' option. "

I wish!
#20 Posted by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio
@sora_thekey said:
"I kind of do need subscriptions... any suggestions on where I could subscribe and not have so many problems? "
Most comic shops will have regular orders for regular customers.  They pull out issues for your order ready for you to collect in a few weeks or a couple of months.  Some will also provide a mail order service, where they send everything to you once every month or two.   

I don't know how successful it is at locating local (or decent) comic stores since it's no good for stores in the UK, but the Comic Shop Locator should help find some in your area :)
#21 Posted by emmbro30 (249 posts) - - Show Bio

I am really starting to hate Marvel subcriptions as well.  I have subcriptions to Avengers, New Avengers, Secret Avengers, Thor, Captain America and FF.  I go to the LCBS only to see that on average I usually get my issues 1 to 2 months after they come out.  Then they do dumb things like cancel my Thunderbolts subcription, saying that Thunderbolts was stopping.  That was a year ago and the Thunder bolts are still coming out every month.  Alos let's not forget the fact that Annuals are not part of the subscription.  AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH!
#22 Edited by 7yr_Old_Nick (2 posts) - - Show Bio

CRIMINAL INVESTIGATIONS SERVICE CENTER ATTN: MAIL FRAUD 222 S. RIVERSIDE PLAZA STE 1250 CHICAGO IL 60606-6100 I sent a check for $19.97 to the address given on a card inside an Adventures of the Amazing Spiderman comic book: MARVEL SUBSCRIPTIONS PO BOX 5187 BRENTWOOD, TN 37024 - 5187 In exchange for the $19.97, we were to receive twelve Spiderman comic books, one each month for a year. The check cleared my bank on 08-30-11 (Item enclosed). We received no comic books. We received a letter saying, “YOUR SUBSCRIPTION HAS BEEN SUSPENDED” (Item enclosed). I phoned the office of MARVEL SUBSCRIPTIONS. The woman there refuses to send the comic books. 800-217-9158 fax: 615-377-0525 MarvelPprint@sunbeltfs.com I have heard other stories to the same effect. One is reported on a page accessible via this link: http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/sora_thekey/i-hate-marvel-subscriptions/87-46342/ Please get us our comic books and do what should be done to super-hero imposters who take money from 7 yr old children and refuse to give them their comic books. The statements above are true. I am sign and mail this letter under threat of penalty of perjury. Sincerely, _________________

#23 Edited by IncredibleSplosions (41 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow. It's a good thing I read this thread. I was seriously just about to place an order with them...literally...I had my credit card out and everything. I think I'll stick with my local comic shop for everything Marvel.

This is off topic, but, how are DC's subscription service???

@Cezar_TheScribe said:

@sora_thekey: "So I kind of do need subscriptions... any suggestions on where I could subscribe and not have so many problems?" Mycomicshop.com has a subscription service. I'm not sure about Previews or Westfield. The last comics I bought online were from Mycomicshop.com and they did a good job.

I deal with MyComicShop a lot and I've never had a problem with them. I didn't know they offered subscriptions though. I'll check that out.

#24 Edited by 7yr_Old_Nick (2 posts) - - Show Bio

The information in the above message is accurate.

MARVEL Subscriptions will send a few comic books after you send their yearly sub fee, however, they will immediately begin alleging that you have nOt paid the subscription fee and threatening to discontinue delivery.

Since they probably have bank account info, it is unsettling to receive their threats regarding collection.

If you deal direct with them, they'll try to make you do more work to get what you already paid for. So, you have to go to someone who will make them deliver.

Important Note: Do not lie or misrepresent your case when dealing with the postal investigative service.

#25 Posted by p3t3r133 (97 posts) - - Show Bio

I my self am also having trouble with Marvel subscriptions. I want to change my address but when I click manage subscriptions it brings me to my cart and prompts me to log in. I click log in and it just brings me back to the same page.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.